Anne-Françoise
Literary lunatic
Anne-Françoise
Literary lunatic

June 2nd, 2010, 3:00 pm #3131

@Suzanne. I hope you'll love it... A poetry of the void, of the absence, in which words draw the hollow of existence (my English is definitely too bad to make possible to explain what I feel, sorry...).
Another line of verse, which I particularly love :
wrote:Et je sais, sur le chemin, que j'existe encore...
So simple, so meaningful...

@John: Roland Barthes' "Sur Racine" is a great study, even if much controversial. Its trendy to destroy Barthes'books in France now, but I go on reading them, finding in them an unconventional approach (which some of French academics despise, judging this approach not scientific enough - that's exactly the reason why I love "Sur Racine", because it's a book written with passion...)
La? dein Aug in der Kammer sein eine Kerze,
den Blick einen Docht,
la? mich blind genug sein,
ihn zu entz?nden.

suzannahhh
Forum junkie
suzannahhh
Forum junkie

June 2nd, 2010, 3:19 pm #3132

Anne-Françoise
wheneevr you feel you're english is inadequate
for the expression of a thought
just write it in French
I'm doing pretty well
dictionary unassisted
with the french that's gone up so far

Tatzelwurm
Forum junkie
Tatzelwurm
Forum junkie

June 2nd, 2010, 4:26 pm #3133

Anne-Françoise wrote:my English is definitely too bad to make possible to explain what I feel, sorry.
Please stop apologising for your English. Just say what you have to say. We used to have an Argentine poster with very broken English, but he managed to convey his ideas without any problem and he never apologised. But your English is great.

Und wenn du lange in einen Abgrund blickst, blickt der Abgrund auch in dich hinein.

Friedrich Nietzsche

Anne-Françoise
Literary lunatic
Anne-Françoise
Literary lunatic

June 2nd, 2010, 4:32 pm #3134

Thanks, Tatz... :)
I'll try to... but sometimes it's frustrating.
La? dein Aug in der Kammer sein eine Kerze,
den Blick einen Docht,
la? mich blind genug sein,
ihn zu entz?nden.

Tatzelwurm
Forum junkie
Tatzelwurm
Forum junkie

June 2nd, 2010, 5:23 pm #3135

Je suis sur que mon francais est parfait et que Proust et Flaubert sont stylistes chetifs en comparaison avec mois, sans me'excuser sans cesse. Vous voyez? :)

Und wenn du lange in einen Abgrund blickst, blickt der Abgrund auch in dich hinein.

Friedrich Nietzsche

oneofmurphysbiscuits
Forum junkie

June 2nd, 2010, 5:27 pm #3136

I know how frustrating it can be not to be understood repeatedly, day in day out in my own languagee, A-F, and Tatz is right, please stop apologizing when you have no need and should not. I at least hope i apprehend the quality of your thinking, your voice (poets know how to listen or they wouldn't be *grin*) and that's what matters, not syntactical integrity
I only think, if that is the name for this vertiginous panic as of hornets smoked out of their nests, once a certain degree of terror has been exceeded

suzannahhh
Forum junkie
suzannahhh
Forum junkie

June 2nd, 2010, 5:29 pm #3137

I was going to do that too, Tatz
the only thing that stopped me
was having to transport accent marks
from Word via cut and paste. . .

oneofmurphysbiscuits
Forum junkie

June 2nd, 2010, 5:37 pm #3138

Suz, W. is presently speeding through the Living Language French course. This in part owing to Marcel's Austria posts
I only think, if that is the name for this vertiginous panic as of hornets smoked out of their nests, once a certain degree of terror has been exceeded

johnnywalkitoff
Forum junkie

June 3rd, 2010, 12:42 am #3139

Anne-Françoise wrote:Thanks, Tatz... :)
I'll try to... but sometimes it's frustrating.
Yes, you better...if not we'll cyber-donkey punch you...that's how we roll...I understand you completely and half the time I don't understand my own damn posts (they are jumbled crosswired (crosseyed and painless) shitstained thoughts on the state of the union (body and floating thought bubble) for the most part). I bought the first four books by louise gluck...isn't that a lovely name...gluck, gluck, gluck...I'd annoy the shit out of her. I wish she'd drink a big gulp next to me...and a book of stories by gogol. I think, though, I am pretty immersed, at this moment, well, not this precise moment, because I am typing, but during this basic and adjacent string of moments (that's a decent line...I'll pluck that for a poem or something....yes, i think i will) that is tic, tic, tic...pretty much floored by AR Ammons. The poem where at the end the line is(I don't have the book I think it is come prima): "i raise my hand" is um, I don't... ____________________..........ya understand? Well, it's grand and it makes the yellow and pink sunlight even more happy to be around me. O and I bought new brakes. That sucks.
The clock is a ceiling fan with no breeze.

Why do you, in becoming a crowd, look as plain and anonymous as a smear of dull and dying flowers?

Deleted User
Deleted User

June 3rd, 2010, 7:20 am #3140

Read Frank Bidart you cunt