Welcome to the forum!

Bleak
Literary lunatic
Bleak
Literary lunatic

8:23 AM - Nov 20, 2006 #1

Dear Modern Word readers,

This is Erik, Contributing Editor of the Modern Word. I have been talking about making a forum for the site for *ages* with the Quail, but I never really found a satisfactory solution that my limited technical ability could handle.

For the moment, this is a semi-official forum until the Quail gets back from vacation and gives me the go-ahead to really link this up throughout the site, but, well, here it is. Enjoy!

Your admin,
Bleakhaus
"I have a truly marvelous proof of this proposition which this margin is too narrow to contain."

R.Wilder
Acolyte
R.Wilder
Acolyte

7:28 PM - Nov 27, 2006 #2

Is this forum brand-spanking new? I found it after I picked up my copy of "Against the Day" and started peeking around the 'net to find a discussion group.
Wiki had a link.

Bleak
Literary lunatic
Bleak
Literary lunatic

9:04 PM - Nov 27, 2006 #3

Yeah, launched just a day or two before ATD came out. The Modern Word was getting so many hits off of its ATD countdown that launching the forum then made sense. Congrats on being the first user besides me to figure out how to post an icon...!
"I have a truly marvelous proof of this proposition which this margin is too narrow to contain."

R.Wilder
Acolyte
R.Wilder
Acolyte

9:07 PM - Nov 27, 2006 #4

It took me a half hour to do it, though.

suzannahhh
Forum junkie
suzannahhh
Forum junkie

10:26 PM - Nov 27, 2006 #5

I have been participating on a different
invision site
for over a year now
I know how to use all the bells and whistles
should anyone
have any questions

Alex
Literary lunatic
Alex
Literary lunatic

10:02 PM - Dec 01, 2006 #6

Thank you so much, man. B)
The tragedy of it is that nobody sees the look of desperation on my face. Thousands and thousands of us, and we're passing one another without a look of recognition. -- Henry Miller

Mudfrost
Literary lunatic
Mudfrost
Literary lunatic

10:54 PM - Jan 20, 2007 #7

Late to the game. Just recently stumbled upon this forum and I'm enjoying it quite a lot. Good people, it seems, and excellent topics. Thanks for the space. I hope we're here to stay.

Narmin Kamal

2:34 PM - Aug 14, 2007 #8

Nice to meet your forum.
I great u from Azerbaijan, Baku.
Hello, new friends. I hope it unite in friendship and will be very interesting discussions here.
When the visual image is too bright, one shuts one?s eyes defensively against it; similarly, when reality is overwhelming, one turns defensively away from it.

Walter Benjamin

suzannahhh
Forum junkie
suzannahhh
Forum junkie

3:18 PM - Aug 14, 2007 #9

Narmin, welcome!
glad to have you join us

Heteronym
Forum junkie
Heteronym
Forum junkie

1:42 PM - Oct 10, 2008 #10

Hi everyone, I frequent a couple of literature forums already, and got invited to this one yesterday. Lots of great threads already available for most of my favorite writers, it looks great.