rainmaster

2:39 PM - Jun 20, 2018 #9701

A Worried Man wrote: According to twitter, Brian Wilson is 4 years younger than Jet Black.
Yep, Wilson is 76 today while Jet Black will be 80 in August if he lasts that long. 
Grade A triple platinum cunt.

8:30 AM - Jun 28, 2018 #9702

That there exists a site full of subtitle files giving a 5 sec warning of Jump scares in horror films
"... a shiftless person, roving and magotie-headed, and sometimes little better than crased."

7:59 PM - Jul 07, 2018 #9703

That Scooby Doo's real name is Scoobert Doo (but not Scoobert Doobert)
"... a shiftless person, roving and magotie-headed, and sometimes little better than crased."

Osmooms

12:58 AM - Jul 08, 2018 #9704

Aubrey The Cat wrote: That there exists a site full of subtitle files giving a 5 sec warning of Jump scares in horror films
Interesting, but considering the quality of horror movies being churned out nowadays supposedly containing jump scares, I hardly think necessary.
Maybe there should be a voiceover 5 seconds before a "jump scare", saying something like:
"WAKE UP, THERE A JUMP SCARE IN A FEW SECONDS!!"
Just because I have a short attention span doesn't mean I...what kind of rock is that?

8:40 AM - Jul 08, 2018 #9705

Osmooms wrote:
Aubrey The Cat wrote: That there exists a site full of subtitle files giving a 5 sec warning of Jump scares in horror films
Interesting, but considering the quality of horror movies being churned out nowadays supposedly containing jump scares, I hardly think necessary.
Maybe there should be a voiceover 5 seconds before a "jump scare", saying something like:
I thought something the same, especially as the music usually alerts you anyway, and that only one jump scare per film has any real effect.

bzfgt
bzfgt

8:20 PM - Jul 08, 2018 #9706

Aubrey The Cat wrote:
Osmooms wrote:
I thought something the same, especially as the music usually alerts you anyway, and that only one jump scare per film has any real effect.
Shouldn't there be a bus first?

9:55 PM - Jul 08, 2018 #9707

bzfgt wrote:
Aubrey The Cat wrote:
Osmooms wrote:
I love that scene, and I love that film: but it seems - in my memory at any rate - to be one of those shocks for the viewer alone, and that the character, having a different and wider point of view, would have seen it coming. Still a good one though.

And I also love the bit where he goes to where she's living for the first time and is confronted by a wide sweeping staircase, and says, It's amazing what you find in these old Brownstones.

bzfgt
bzfgt

8:07 AM - Jul 09, 2018 #9708

Aubrey The Cat wrote:
bzfgt wrote:
Aubrey The Cat wrote:
Osmooms wrote:
I love that scene, and I love that film: but it seems - in my memory at any rate - to be one of those shocks for the viewer alone, and that the character, having a different and wider point of view, would have seen it coming. Still a good one though.

And I also love the bit where he goes to where she's living for the first time and is confronted by a wide sweeping staircase, and says, It's amazing what you find in these old Brownstones.
Right, but I mean "bus" is the generic term for the scare before the scare, the one that turns out to be nothing. It is a great movie though, Cat People it was I'm pretty sure?

9:42 AM - Jul 09, 2018 #9709

Yes, Cat People (the proper one).

Isn't the generic term a Lewton Bus?

bzfgt
bzfgt

10:14 AM - Jul 09, 2018 #9710

Aubrey The Cat wrote: Yes, Cat People (the proper one).

I'm not sure, maybe so

dannyno
dannyno

5:07 PM - Jul 09, 2018 #9711

bzfgt wrote:
Aubrey The Cat wrote: Yes, Cat People (the proper one).

I'm not sure, maybe so
It is, which is something I've learnt today:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cat_Peopl ... Lewton_bus

Dan

6:59 PM - Jul 11, 2018 #9712

That Queenie's Castle was written by Keith Waterhouse and Willis Hall.

Saveloy

8:01 PM - Jul 22, 2018 #9713

That the word hierarchy is ancient greek for "rule by holy men".  Sez 'Mind Alive', anyway.

My father-in-law has a full set of these, they're bloody brilliant. :)

Jim Kidder

8:02 PM - Jul 22, 2018 #9714

Aubrey The Cat wrote: That Scooby Doo's real name is Scoobert Doo (but not Scoobert Doobert)
don't tell me he goes by Bert ...
don't let the bastards get you down

Neal Cassady

9:01 PM - Jul 22, 2018 #9715

Saveloy wrote: That the word hierarchy is ancient greek for "rule by holy men".  Sez 'Mind Alive', anyway.

I’ve got a full set of them up in the loft - they were my Dads.
Used to flick through them as a lad, hoping for the odd naked women - which there often was... albeit with a lot of science talk about ovums or some such. Still, closest I had to Playboy.
I'm not that good at smoking bongs, I'm not that good at breathing in.

9:04 PM - Jul 22, 2018 #9716

Saveloy wrote: That the word hierarchy is ancient greek for "rule by holy men".  Sez 'Mind Alive', anyway.

I remember seeing them too. Can't think where and this is the first time since then (early 70s?) that I have thought of the magazine. Nice memory jolt.

engine

10:28 AM - Jul 23, 2018 #9717

The great recycling admission.
I knew a lot got dumped in the channel and the Mafia burried a lot. But to admit there's no traceability usually points to more than even hinted at here !

Recycled packaging 'may end up in landfill', warns watchdog - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44905576

engine

1:19 PM - Jul 23, 2018 #9718

That there's a lack of fucking respect in this household and I intend to take action immediately !

bzfgt
bzfgt

3:41 PM - Jul 23, 2018 #9719

engine wrote: That there's a lack of fucking respect in this household and I intend to take action immediately !

You got it a card to apologize for posting its picture without permission?
SaveSave

engine

4:22 PM - Jul 23, 2018 #9720

I needs a bfgztfz to English dictionary. 🤔

engine

6:09 AM - Jul 24, 2018 #9721

Aren't workmates funny ?
🙄

upload photos to internet free

Neal Cassady

9:04 AM - Jul 24, 2018 #9722

When making coffee of the instant variety, they take the smell out at the start - then add it back in just before it goes in the jar.
I'm not that good at smoking bongs, I'm not that good at breathing in.

9:14 AM - Jul 24, 2018 #9723

Neal Cassady wrote: When making coffee of the instant variety, they take the smell out at the start - then add it back in just before it goes in the jar.
Sounds like what they do for 'freshly squeezed' orange juice but in that case they take everything out and then add back to water to sell as fresh. 

Jim Kidder

12:40 PM - Jul 24, 2018 #9724

In the future, robots will harvest cannabis and then have sex with you.

And then come the monkeys enslaved by robots.

Next, enslaved monkeys interbreeding with humans, supervised by the robots. 

Then the master race, the decision to eradicate once and for all the pestilence of humanity.

Jim Kidder

12:45 PM - Jul 24, 2018 #9725

academichamilton wrote:
Neal Cassady wrote: When making coffee of the instant variety, they take the smell out at the start - then add it back in just before it goes in the jar.
Sounds like what they do for 'freshly squeezed' orange juice but in that case they take everything out and then add back to water to sell as fresh. 
They do?  That's dishonest!