The Boiler Shop, Newcastle.

The Boiler Shop, Newcastle.

3000 NVB
Member
Joined: 13 Mar 2007, 22:18

23 Oct 2017, 22:49 #1

Very good for 45 mins, Good for another 20. Seen then much worse
Stop clogging my system up
Reply

Suri
Member
Suri
Member
Joined: 23 Nov 2012, 18:19

23 Oct 2017, 23:24 #2

3000 NVB @ Oct 24 2017, 10:49 AM wrote: Very good for 45 mins, Good for another 20. Seen then much worse
It’s a hoax: The Fall are fine xx
Che vuoi?
Reply

ponsho
Member
ponsho
Member
Joined: 07 Apr 2005, 00:07

23 Oct 2017, 23:43 #3

3000 NVB @ Oct 23 2017, 11:49 PM wrote: Very good for 45 mins, Good for another 20. Seen then much worse
I don't agree at all.

In my experience the live shows have been better in the last three years. when many would argue that the recorded material was weaker. than at nearly any time in the past. This line up is as tight as a chicken's face and tonight they hit some heights. Smith's voice was really strong and he may have looked unwell but he put everything into it.

In my opinion they were excellent and it may well be the best Fall gig I've seen, And, no, I don't mean in the circumstances.

I'll stake the reputation I don't have on that.
Reply

Philh
Member
Joined: 07 Sep 2006, 22:38

24 Oct 2017, 00:23 #4

ponsho @ Oct 23 2017, 11:43 PM wrote:
3000 NVB @ Oct 23 2017, 11:49 PM wrote: Very good for 45 mins, Good for another 20. Seen then much worse
I don't agree at all.

In my experience the live shows have been better in the last three years. when many would argue that the recorded material was weaker. than at nearly any time in the past. This line up is as tight as a chicken's face and tonight they hit some heights. Smith's voice was really strong and he may have looked unwell but he put everything into it.

In my opinion they were excellent and it may well be the best Fall gig I've seen, And, no, I don't mean in the circumstances.

I'll stake the reputation I don't have on that.
:applaud: :applaud: :applaud:
He was the best man I never met.
Reply



Pott
Member
Pott
Member
Joined: 21 Sep 2006, 13:48

24 Oct 2017, 08:27 #7

Smith looks a little bit better than he did in Wakefield.


Did anyone catch the support band Bloodsport? I'm a big fan of theirs.
I'm not that type of wanker.
Reply

ifeelvoxish
Member
Joined: 06 Oct 2005, 19:25

24 Oct 2017, 09:43 #8

First time I've seen the Fall in a number of years.

Was a regular from Fall Heads Roll to YFOC, but started losing interest in their new output and live performances by then. The walk off at Edinburgh after 20 minutes being the final straw, but I remained an observant fan.

Was lucky enough to win tickets for last night in a competition.

Have to say it was possibly the best I've seen them (assisted by the tasty 4 pints of Erdinger I'm fairly sure).

Smith's voice and performance was in fine form and the band were tight and blistering, especially the bass (which had an extraordinary attack even though DS is a finger player).

The lifestyle that contributes towards the man's art has clearly left a mark (groan), but the same can be said about every balding tubby middle aged man in the crowd.

Long live the Fall.
I was talking to Jane Seymour, the neck was slightly dislocated!
Reply

Joined: 19 Dec 2011, 08:23

24 Oct 2017, 10:17 #9

I feared the worst, but both Su and I were impressed. It is probably the last time I will see them, and I am glad it was a positive experience.
We met up with Philh and Little Frank beforehand and had a nice chat and couple of pints.



The barman even put The Fall on for us. :applaud:
Scotch cockney cunt
Reply

Joined: 11 May 2008, 08:35

24 Oct 2017, 10:30 #10

Pics found via Twitter.....more in focus than a certain rubbish one doing the rounds on FB.
http://www.tynesight.co.uk/LiveMusic/Th ... le-231017/
Reply

ponsho
Member
ponsho
Member
Joined: 07 Apr 2005, 00:07

24 Oct 2017, 11:08 #11

ifeelvoxish @ Oct 24 2017, 10:43 AM wrote: First time I've seen the Fall in a number of years.

Was a regular from Fall Heads Roll to YFOC, but started losing interest in their new output and live performances by then. The walk off at Edinburgh after 20 minutes being the final straw, but I remained an observant fan.

Was lucky enough to win tickets for last night in a competition.

Have to say it was possibly the best I've seen them (assisted by the tasty 4 pints of Erdinger I'm fairly sure).

Smith's voice and performance was in fine form and the band were tight and blistering, especially the bass (which had an extraordinary attack even though DS is a finger player).

The lifestyle that contributes towards the man's art has clearly left a mark (groan), but the same can be said about every balding tubby middle aged man in the crowd.

Long live the Fall.
Did anybody pay for tickets last night? I won mine in a competition too as did some others that I bumped into.
Reply

Joined: 28 Mar 2013, 15:21

24 Oct 2017, 12:00 #12

The funny thing is, apart from the chubby cheeks , Mark looks surprisingly healthy, tanned, full head of hair and the beard looks good. Here's hoping he pulls through this tough time and makes sure he looks after number 1 for a bit ..
Reply

ifeelvoxish
Member
Joined: 06 Oct 2005, 19:25

24 Oct 2017, 12:05 #13

ponsho @ Oct 24 2017, 11:08 PM wrote:
ifeelvoxish @ Oct 24 2017, 10:43 AM wrote: First time I've seen the Fall in a number of years.

Was a regular from Fall Heads Roll to YFOC, but started losing interest in their new output and live performances by then. The walk off at Edinburgh after 20 minutes being the final straw, but I remained an observant fan.

Was lucky enough to win tickets for last night in a competition.

Have to say it was possibly the best I've seen them (assisted by the tasty 4 pints of Erdinger I'm fairly sure).

Smith's voice and performance was in fine form and the band were tight and blistering, especially the bass (which had an extraordinary attack even though DS is a finger player).

The lifestyle that contributes towards the man's art has clearly left a mark (groan), but the same can be said about every balding tubby middle aged man in the crowd.

Long live the Fall.
Did anybody pay for tickets last night? I won mine in a competition too as did some others that I bumped into.
Was it posting on the Boiler Shop's Facebook post asking you to tag a friend?

I wondered if they knew the event wasn't selling out and just made everyone that commented a winner to bring in the numbers?
I was talking to Jane Seymour, the neck was slightly dislocated!
Reply

Philh
Member
Joined: 07 Sep 2006, 22:38

24 Oct 2017, 12:11 #14

prestwichborngirl @ Oct 24 2017, 10:30 AM wrote: Pics found via Twitter.....more in focus than a certain rubbish one doing the rounds on FB.
http://www.tynesight.co.uk/LiveMusic/Th ... le-231017/
Great pics - ta for the link.
He was the best man I never met.
Reply

Joined: 13 May 2010, 15:53

24 Oct 2017, 12:21 #15

ifeelvoxish @ Oct 24 2017, 12:05 PM wrote: I wondered if they knew the event wasn't selling out and just made everyone that commented a winner to bring in the numbers?
Nah, I left a comment to try and get a ticket for my girlfriend. No luck, she had to pay full price on the door.
Reply

HiccupPercy
Member
Joined: 27 Feb 2006, 15:19

24 Oct 2017, 12:25 #16

Peter D. Hogg IV @ Oct 24 2017, 12:00 PM wrote:The funny thing is, apart from the chubby cheeks , Mark looks surprisingly healthy, tanned, full head of hair and the beard looks good.
The massive lump on his forehead is very fetching, isn't it?
Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Reply

robbroncs
Member
Joined: 08 Apr 2005, 23:38

24 Oct 2017, 14:01 #17

Righteous Fred @ Oct 24 2017, 06:17 AM wrote:

Stone Brewing! used to be one of my favorite go to ales before the big beer boom


B)
"who's gonna play me in the movie? STING!"
Reply

ponsho
Member
ponsho
Member
Joined: 07 Apr 2005, 00:07

24 Oct 2017, 18:22 #18

ifeelvoxish @ Oct 24 2017, 01:05 PM wrote:
ponsho @ Oct 24 2017, 11:08 PM wrote:
ifeelvoxish @ Oct 24 2017, 10:43 AM wrote: First time I've seen the Fall in a number of years.

Was a regular from Fall Heads Roll to YFOC, but started losing interest in their new output and live performances by then. The walk off at Edinburgh after 20 minutes being the final straw, but I remained an observant fan.

Was lucky enough to win tickets for last night in a competition.

Have to say it was possibly the best I've seen them (assisted by the tasty 4 pints of Erdinger I'm fairly sure).

Smith's voice and performance was in fine form and the band were tight and blistering, especially the bass (which had an extraordinary attack even though DS is a finger player).

The lifestyle that contributes towards the man's art has clearly left a mark (groan), but the same can be said about every balding tubby middle aged man in the crowd.

Long live the Fall.
Did anybody pay for tickets last night? I won mine in a competition too as did some others that I bumped into.
Was it posting on the Boiler Shop's Facebook post asking you to tag a friend?

I wondered if they knew the event wasn't selling out and just made everyone that commented a winner to bring in the numbers?
Yep. I think you nailed it. I reckon a lot of people didn't buy because they were worried it'd be cancelled again.
Reply

pseick
Member
pseick
Member
Joined: 26 Dec 2009, 00:26

24 Oct 2017, 22:07 #19

Any recordings up?
Reply

ponsho
Member
ponsho
Member
Joined: 07 Apr 2005, 00:07

25 Oct 2017, 01:56 #20

My tuppence worth.

It might be the best Fall gig I've seen. MES looks like he does but he is throwing everything into these performances. The band is tighter than Sean Connery's diving gear in 'Thunderball' and MES's voice is really strong. Pamela Vander steps in at times and is a likeable stage presence with her silver coat and shrieky vocals She also reappears when MES goes offstage - to a massive ovation that must move even the toughest Prestwich heart - to pass the mic and make sure the crowd get to sing along with '(I'm not from) Bury'.

Smith was onstage for fifty minutes out of seventy. Even then he sang offstage when he was able to. He gave his all and I hope that I get to see them many more times. His best live vocal performance for me in more than a decade.

In my humble opinion the Fall gigs I've seen over the last three years have gotten better and better even though many would argue that the material was not as strong as it once was. This was a performance that I will remember but I'm hoping to see a few more.
Reply

Joined: 11 May 2008, 08:35

25 Oct 2017, 12:13 #21

Philh @ Oct 24 2017, 12:11 PM wrote:
prestwichborngirl @ Oct 24 2017, 10:30 AM wrote: Pics found via Twitter.....more in focus than a certain rubbish one doing the rounds on FB.
http://www.tynesight.co.uk/LiveMusic/Th ... le-231017/
Great pics - ta for the link.
They're definitely bril pics.
Still seeing that distorted photo from Wakefield on FB. :angry:
Reply

Joined: 03 Mar 2009, 14:11

25 Oct 2017, 20:12 #22

prestwichborngirl @ Oct 25 2017, 01:13 PM wrote:
Philh @ Oct 24 2017, 12:11 PM wrote:
prestwichborngirl @ Oct 24 2017, 10:30 AM wrote: Pics found via Twitter.....more in focus than a certain rubbish one doing the rounds on FB.
http://www.tynesight.co.uk/LiveMusic/Th ... le-231017/
Great pics - ta for the link.
They're definitely bril pics.
Still seeing that distorted photo from Wakefield on FB. :angry:
Yes, thanks, some very crisp images.
My brain is the most complex thing in the Universe. Hiccup said so.

"for the LOLZ!!!!"

'false bravado won't hide the cracks'
Reply

Joined: 14 Mar 2005, 17:47

26 Oct 2017, 15:57 #23

pseick @ Oct 24 2017, 10:07 PM wrote: Any recordings up?
later tonight.

Now is later tonight -
http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-deta ... ?id=604339
hello hello this is monkey wrench.......
Reply

Joined: 03 Mar 2009, 14:11

26 Oct 2017, 20:26 #24

Very professional.
My brain is the most complex thing in the Universe. Hiccup said so.

"for the LOLZ!!!!"

'false bravado won't hide the cracks'
Reply

Philh
Member
Joined: 07 Sep 2006, 22:38

26 Oct 2017, 20:35 #25

Starsky-Tandoori @ Oct 26 2017, 08:26 PM wrote: Very professional.
You're not gonna think that when you hear it either. There was a lapse in concentration during the encore.
He was the best man I never met.
Reply