Music made by forum members

Music made by forum members

gorillabat

26 May 2004, 22:53 #1

This may have been asked here before. I am a newbie, forgiveness please.

Just wondering if any of you are in bands or make music of any kind or have in the past.

I figure The Fall influence and folks' interest in music in general may have resulted in some creative endeavours at some point.
unrefined

26 May 2004, 23:01 #2

I have my little doodles of music. I play everything myself and "sing".. my singing is better than Marks, but lacks the power, I generally record everything using my honha acoustic guitar with its martin bluegrass strings. You can add "fake bass" by resting the microphone on the body of the guitar itself, but i usually just use rhythm with lead overdub. Its all on tape. Ive got 2 volumes of tape and a third in progress. No one will EVER hear them tho I was tempted to send them off to Cherry Red. My "band" is called Aquarian Star One Dancer (which is the product of a cut-up, I am not an Aquarian, and Im no good at dancing) Tape 1 is called Lancaster Bombers. Tape 2 is called Bubblegum Tree. They amuse me and a handful of select friends... I doubt anyone will be hearing from me any time soon!
He called through sh*t but didn't come out clean, everyone just pretended to not mind the smell.

danjo
danjo

27 May 2004, 00:42 #4

I write and record my own songs. Im actually a drummer but i also sing and play guitar. Ive worked with Paul ryder too! from the Happy Mondays. Done a few gigs with him and some recording too. Paul used to be quite friendly with mes many moons ago. Not met pauls brother shaun though! And i dont think i want to :blink: Having said that i do love the mondays. Not as much as the fall though! :D
shurup! yer skriking kid!!!

danjo
danjo

27 May 2004, 00:47 #5

Well! Fallfandave. Come on! :applaud:
shurup! yer skriking kid!!!

Bagrec

27 May 2004, 07:31 #6

I'm learning to play Morris Dance tunes on a melodeon (a kind of accordion), I do improv with all and sundry and...er...guitar and electric piano in The Hideous Replicas ...

Give us a gig someone- we're stagnating here! (although that might be cos I've got the wrong e-mail address on the webpage). Do you still want us to play your birthday party, FFDave?

I was in loads of unsuccessful bands in the North East in the 70's and 80's that sounded a bit like The Fall;- Drop (geddit), The Euphoria Case, Tick Tick... blah blah...

To old for this rock band stuff now though!
"A memorex for the kraken..."

My Label
My Album

bezenby2
Posts 0
bezenby2

27 May 2004, 07:48 #7

Use to have a proper band but now it's just me, a mate and some computer software.

If you want you can hear some it at
Bezenby Heat

We used to do covers of Winter, and Deer Park but now it's non-fall like

fallfandave
Posts 0
fallfandave

27 May 2004, 08:19 #8

BUY ALL MY CDS NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

there's only one album done yet :huh:

but i did about 50 on mp3.com....then they blew up the site...so i'm doin em all again....but with different songs on em sometimes....depends if i still like the song or not...

i have been going for 2 years now....and have only had a couple of rows with meself so far....

some music off 2nd n 3rd lps is heremusic by ffd

stop by and comment:

some suggestions if u cant think of a comment:-

u suck! u r not even music!!!!
can get better results on john shuttleworth's organ
u r gr8
u r not so bad
u r insane
u rock
u r shit
u r quite good
u r .......... :zip: [no i like comments....really...but if they're shit i'll delete em]

done covers albums too...so far...

the fall, the kinks, the passage, syd barrett , magazine [conway was on quite a lot of that one], the monks....can't remember what else... i drink too much :(

david shrigley kindly let me have 2 of his pictures for the cover of me 2nd album... so i am glad about that...

B) goin back to sleep now........hangover :zzzz:

27 May 2004, 10:18 #9

Earlier this year I had a band called McBain, which was a joke electropop thing between me and a mate. Me on synths, him on yelling. We got most of the music recorded (some of which sounded good and quite Fall-ish) but never got round to finishing the vocals. Just when we were getting on to a good roll with the recording, a bunch of kids came into my mate's attic and started doing lines of coke about a foot away from my equipment... and you can't just tell coked-up scallies to piss off, can you?

Still, we had a lot of fun with this McBain thing. I'm trying to get some very different songs written. Aiming for a cross between early Ramones and Goldfrapp. Which sounds pretentious as hell as won't really work, but hey....

Cleric
Cleric

27 May 2004, 11:50 #10

Recorded an album at home. I go under the name O to Completion. <_<

Also have recorded a Fall tribute for a laugh called I Am Mark E Smith. :huh:

Trying to court record companies. Will need one with considerable patience! :unsure:

27 May 2004, 12:53 #11

me n my mate used to have a "band" called Act26:14 - we even made a record -

- by glueing 2 Cabaret Voltaire records together :o - B sides - and doing new labels - sent it to the Melody Maker but didn't hear nothing - should of sent it to Peel - bet he would have played it -

- should have heard our cover of Blue Monday using pillows as drums - or perhaps not - did Prole Art Threat too - B) - punk/thrash version of George Michaels Faith - ;) ---
We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams...

anonyarena

27 May 2004, 13:47 #12

I'm in a band for a few months now, but we don't have a name yet. I wish we had a name. :cry:

I used to be in bands years ago too. My first band was Horror Planet and my 2nd band was Bozo Shmo.

27 May 2004, 13:53 #13

anonyarena @ May 28 2004, 01:47 AM wrote: I'm in a band for a few months now, but we don't have a name yet. I wish we had a name. :cry:

I used to be in bands years ago too. My first band was Horror Planet and my 2nd band was Bozo Shmo.
What's wrong with "Anonyarena" B)
We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams...

fallfandave
Posts 0
fallfandave

27 May 2004, 15:22 #14

i like that B)

brutechior

22 Oct 2005, 22:32 #15

I know that we are all opinionated music fans, but am curious how many of us make music in some respect ourselves. I have seen some show listings, mention of projects, etc.. and thought it may be useful and fun to have a thread of links and such to show off your project and get feedback from the masses (that matter).

Any takers?

Stephen

22 Oct 2005, 23:02 #16

These two polls may be of interest:

Have you made a record?
Bands of forum members.

Joseph Holt

22 Oct 2005, 23:08 #17

I've no musical talent whatsoever, but this is my younger brother's outfit; he's the singer. He tells me they're quite big in Reading... :D

I've only ever heard the downloadable song here. Seems quite 'Warsaw' to me. He tells me they've 'moved on' musically since.

http://www.thepalestinians.co.uk

Let's not get into a debate about their name... B)

cupid's bullet
Posts 0
cupid's bullet

23 Oct 2005, 06:26 #18

Joseph Holt @ Oct 23 2005, 12:08 AM wrote:I've no musical talent whatsoever, but this is my younger brother's outfit; he's the singer. He tells me they're quite big in Reading... :D
That's not the sort of thing to be commended for, surely? :P ;)

brutechior

23 Oct 2005, 15:00 #19

Here is a link to my bands simple page. We are called Fits and Starts and have been playing together for about a year. You can hear (and download if you wish) three songs. Please keep in mind that they were recorded with a minidisc recorder at practice. We may have an opportunity to actually record a few songs this week. So if that works out I will post them here for some input.
It's had been so long since I played music with anyone until this, and it is with some kids that are at least seven years younger than me. I wouldn't be able to place our references beacuse we all come from such different times and arrived at this point through such different paths.
Any way, be gentle and hopfully better recordings of our better songs are on the way.

www.myspace.com/fitsandstarts

Dermo
Dermo

25 Oct 2005, 13:46 #20

Silent Partners - http://www.silent-partners.info

Dermo........SP B)

brutechior

25 Oct 2005, 16:37 #21

Great stuff! Is that your voice? What do you do in the band?

25 Oct 2005, 16:53 #22

I am going to go out on a limb and say that I have more songs available than anybody else on this forum since we lost Cog's bro Bend.

If anyone wants to challenge this brag, here is what you are up against:

the free downloads (1990-2003)

Dermo
Dermo

26 Oct 2005, 11:10 #23

Nice one Brutechior B) Yeah its my voice and i write the lyrics and manage us too ha ha.

Stay cool,

Dermo.........SP B)

wezgonzalez

30 Oct 2005, 22:49 #24

Hey I'm in a band called Grip Right Swing Right sort of like Neutral Milk Hotel or Grandaddy

www.myspace.com/griprightswingright

Check it

-W.P.G

i am the almighty gringo

nashe
nashe

31 Oct 2005, 01:25 #25

yes!

i'm guitar in a countryish band named THE MULES. we have a site at www.organgrinderrecords.com, and if everything goes to plan we have a gig at tatty bogles, off carnaby st, this saturday night at 1am. we do odd timesignatures unfolding all over traditional murder ballads, one-chord chkachnk and cheap white funk. there are a couple of recordings from last year on the website that show up the eastern european side of things but we're multivaried beasts. enjoy!