Liam
Member
Liam
Member
Joined: Jan 7 2005, 12:10 PM

Feb 6 2014, 10:25 PM #76

Ducky @ Feb 6 2014, 04:29 PM wrote: Right, let's get to the crunch question?!


Open G- three or four fingers?


I'm a four man.
Usually 3, using index, middle and ring.

I still have problems with using all four fingers for the B major shaped chords so I just bar it with the index and ring fingers.
Quote
Share

Joined: Jan 20 2006, 08:39 PM

Feb 6 2014, 10:34 PM #77

Bar, yes!

That "Barre chords" nonsense always annoys me. What's wrong with "Bar?"
"... a shiftless person, roving and magotie-headed, and sometimes little better than crased."
Quote
Share

Joined: Jun 20 2009, 02:14 AM

Feb 7 2014, 12:08 AM #78

Well, there's some guy out there named Barre who insists you spell it that way. :D Since you are making a Bar with your finger, it does seem counterintuitive to spell it a français...
Quote
Share

Joined: Jan 20 2006, 08:39 PM

Feb 7 2014, 10:46 AM #79

I never liked Mic (for microphone) either. :(
"... a shiftless person, roving and magotie-headed, and sometimes little better than crased."
Quote
Share

Divvey
Moderator
Divvey
Moderator
Joined: Dec 6 2003, 05:56 AM

Feb 7 2014, 10:58 AM #80

flickeringlexicon @ Feb 7 2014, 10:08 AM wrote: Well, there's some guy out there named Barre who insists you spell it that way. :D Since you are making a Bar with your finger, it does seem counterintuitive to spell it a français...
well the fuckers spelled it guitar not geetar, what do you expect?
Quote
Share

Joined: Jun 20 2009, 02:14 AM

Feb 7 2014, 04:14 PM #81

Divvey @ Feb 7 2014, 02:58 AM wrote:
flickeringlexicon @ Feb 7 2014, 10:08 AM wrote: Well, there's some guy out there named Barre who insists you spell it that way. :D Since you are making a Bar with your finger, it does seem counterintuitive to spell it a français...
well the fuckers spelled it guitar not geetar, what do you expect?
:D and in the Southern U.S., it's pronounced: "GITT-tar."
Quote
Share

Liam
Member
Liam
Member
Joined: Jan 7 2005, 12:10 PM

Feb 8 2014, 08:55 AM #82

Divvey @ Feb 7 2014, 10:58 AM wrote:
flickeringlexicon @ Feb 7 2014, 10:08 AM wrote: Well, there's some guy out there named Barre who insists you spell it that way. :D Since you are making a Bar with your finger, it does seem counterintuitive to spell it a français...
well the fuckers spelled it guitar not geetar, what do you expect?
Only a balding metrosexual would call them "barre" chords,
Quote
Share

Joined: Jan 20 2006, 08:39 PM

Feb 8 2014, 09:05 AM #83

That's the trouble: I can't say it now for fear that people will think I'm saying "Barre."
"... a shiftless person, roving and magotie-headed, and sometimes little better than crased."
Quote
Share

Joined: Dec 19 2011, 08:23 AM

Feb 19 2014, 07:19 PM #84

This is my aide to learning chords. A mock-up of a fret board which I can pick up and run through my chords.

Scotch cockney cunt
Quote
Share

Conway
Administrator
Conway
Administrator
Joined: May 16 2003, 11:03 AM

Feb 19 2014, 07:49 PM #85

A minor. That's a thick neck for a guitar substitute.
The Fall online = The Fall A-Z. Every century... past, present and future. No re-writing the past; no obliterating it.

Keeping the vocalist away from fiddling with our knobs since 1998! Hup!
Quote
Share

Joined: Dec 19 2011, 08:23 AM

Feb 19 2014, 08:03 PM #86

Conway @ Feb 19 2014, 08:49 PM wrote: A minor. That's a thick neck for a guitar substitute.
It is the exact thickness of my guitar. I made sure. That is supposed to be me playing E major!

Maybe you mean the depth. Yes I know it is not perfect. It is just to practice the finger positions. Obviously I am practising with the real guitar regularly. No substitute for that.
Scotch cockney cunt
Quote
Share

Ducky
Member
Joined: Feb 8 2006, 05:37 PM

Feb 19 2014, 08:07 PM #87

Righteous Fred @ Feb 19 2014, 08:03 PM wrote:
Conway @ Feb 19 2014, 08:49 PM wrote: A minor. That's a thick neck for a guitar substitute.
It is the exact thickness of my guitar. I made sure. That is supposed to be me playing E major!
It is E major- only one bass string visible.

I dread to think about the size of your guitar and why don't you practice on that?
Quote
Share

Joined: Dec 19 2011, 08:23 AM

Feb 19 2014, 08:11 PM #88

Ducky @ Feb 19 2014, 09:07 PM wrote:
Righteous Fred @ Feb 19 2014, 08:03 PM wrote:
Conway @ Feb 19 2014, 08:49 PM wrote: A minor. That's a thick neck for a guitar substitute.
It is the exact thickness of my guitar. I made sure. That is supposed to be me playing E major!
It is E major- only one bass string visible.

I dread to think about the size of your guitar and why don't you practice on that?
I am practising on the guitar. But it is good to grab the length of wood and whizz through my chords while I am pottering about my kitchen.
Scotch cockney cunt
Quote
Share

Conway
Administrator
Conway
Administrator
Joined: May 16 2003, 11:03 AM

Feb 19 2014, 08:13 PM #89

Is the heavy line closest to the viewer the low E string or the edge of the guitar?

Yes, I meant the depth. What guitar do you play?
The Fall online = The Fall A-Z. Every century... past, present and future. No re-writing the past; no obliterating it.

Keeping the vocalist away from fiddling with our knobs since 1998! Hup!
Quote
Share

delmore
Moderator
delmore
Moderator
Joined: Feb 4 2009, 10:07 PM

Feb 19 2014, 09:10 PM #90

It sounds more like a muffled Am.
MSGM3... Shombalor!

[img]http://i66.tinypic.com/16iic9l.jpg[img]

http://www.emoticons.online.fr/index.php?cat=Default

The cure was in no pill.
Quote
Share

Joined: Dec 19 2011, 08:23 AM

Feb 19 2014, 09:29 PM #91

Conway @ Feb 19 2014, 09:13 PM wrote: Is the heavy line closest to the viewer the low E string or the edge of the guitar?

Yes, I meant the depth. What guitar do you play?
That thick line is the top string. The thick one :P

I have a Fender 'Squier'. A black one.
Scotch cockney cunt
Quote
Share

Joined: Dec 19 2011, 08:23 AM

Feb 19 2014, 09:36 PM #92

My target is to be able to play this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOwQFOiZODI
Scotch cockney cunt
Quote
Share

Conway
Administrator
Conway
Administrator
Joined: May 16 2003, 11:03 AM

Feb 19 2014, 10:49 PM #93

Righteous Fred @ Feb 20 2014, 09:29 AM wrote:
Conway @ Feb 19 2014, 09:13 PM wrote: Is the heavy line closest to the viewer the low E string or the edge of the guitar?

Yes, I meant the depth. What guitar do you play?
That thick line is the top string. The thick one :P

I have a Fender 'Squier'. A black one.
Well, it looks to me like you're playing 002210 = Am.

A black Squier what??? Strat? Tele? Something else?
The Fall online = The Fall A-Z. Every century... past, present and future. No re-writing the past; no obliterating it.

Keeping the vocalist away from fiddling with our knobs since 1998! Hup!
Quote
Share

Conway
Administrator
Conway
Administrator
Joined: May 16 2003, 11:03 AM

Feb 19 2014, 10:55 PM #94

Righteous Fred @ Feb 20 2014, 09:36 AM wrote: My target is to be able to play this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOwQFOiZODI
The original is in Eb. Do you downtune or just play it a semitone higher?
The Fall online = The Fall A-Z. Every century... past, present and future. No re-writing the past; no obliterating it.

Keeping the vocalist away from fiddling with our knobs since 1998! Hup!
Quote
Share

Liam
Member
Liam
Member
Joined: Jan 7 2005, 12:10 PM

Feb 19 2014, 10:59 PM #95

Conway @ Feb 19 2014, 10:49 PM wrote:
Righteous Fred @ Feb 20 2014, 09:29 AM wrote:
Conway @ Feb 19 2014, 09:13 PM wrote: Is the heavy line closest to the viewer the low E string or the edge of the guitar?

Yes, I meant the depth. What guitar do you play?
That thick line is the top string. The thick one :P

I have a Fender 'Squier'. A black one.
Well, it looks to me like you're playing 002210 = Am.

A black Squier what??? Strat? Tele? Something else?
I only really play acoustic but I used to have a Squier Tele, the neck on those is not thick, nice and comfortable to play.
Quote
Share

Conway
Administrator
Conway
Administrator
Joined: May 16 2003, 11:03 AM

Feb 19 2014, 11:02 PM #96

Liam @ Feb 20 2014, 10:59 AM wrote: I only really play acoustic but I used to have a Squier Tele, the neck on those is not thick, nice and comfortable to play.
The modern Tele neck is quite a slim C shape. Vintage spec necks can be very chunky Ds. But not like a 4x2. Or a 2x4, depending where you come from.
The Fall online = The Fall A-Z. Every century... past, present and future. No re-writing the past; no obliterating it.

Keeping the vocalist away from fiddling with our knobs since 1998! Hup!
Quote
Share

Joined: Jun 20 2009, 02:14 AM

Feb 19 2014, 11:25 PM #97

Righteous Fred @ Feb 19 2014, 01:29 PM wrote: I have a Fender 'Squier'.
:thumbsup:
Quote
Share

delmore
Moderator
delmore
Moderator
Joined: Feb 4 2009, 10:07 PM

Feb 19 2014, 11:53 PM #98

Then what's he plugging into?
MSGM3... Shombalor!

[img]http://i66.tinypic.com/16iic9l.jpg[img]

http://www.emoticons.online.fr/index.php?cat=Default

The cure was in no pill.
Quote
Share

Joined: Jun 20 2009, 02:14 AM

Feb 20 2014, 12:00 AM #99

delmore @ Feb 19 2014, 03:53 PM wrote: Then what's he plugging into?
Quote
Share

delmore
Moderator
delmore
Moderator
Joined: Feb 4 2009, 10:07 PM

Feb 20 2014, 12:08 AM #100

flickeringlexicon @ Feb 19 2014, 08:00 PM wrote:
delmore @ Feb 19 2014, 03:53 PM wrote: Then what's he plugging into?
I think he's hiding a Marshall stack. :angry:
MSGM3... Shombalor!

[img]http://i66.tinypic.com/16iic9l.jpg[img]

http://www.emoticons.online.fr/index.php?cat=Default

The cure was in no pill.
Quote
Share