Fiera della Musica. Italy.

Fiera della Musica. Italy.

Joined: 17 May 2003, 12:20

19 Jul 2014, 12:15 #1

Reply

Little Frank
Member
Joined: 17 Feb 2006, 15:37

19 Jul 2014, 13:49 #2

The Remainderer / Cowboy George / Bury / 2014 > White Lightning > 2014 / Sir William Wray / Mister Rode // Blindness

Think that's everything. Solid festival set. Rode fantastic, as per usual. Blindness a blinder (I can usually do without it). Lovely place to have a concert.

Could hear Buzzcocks and Inspiral Carpets from the bar. Makes you realise how lucky we are that The Fall exist.
The plastic turns to rotten.
Reply

Joined: 14 Mar 2005, 17:47

19 Jul 2014, 20:19 #3

Little Frank @ Jul 19 2014, 01:49 PM wrote: The Remainderer / Cowboy George / Bury / 2014 > White Lightning > 2014 / Sir William Wray / Mister Rode // Blindness

Think that's everything.  Solid festival set.  Rode fantastic, as per usual.  Blindness a blinder (I can usually do without it).  Lovely place to have a concert.

Could hear Buzzcocks and Inspiral Carpets from the bar.  Makes you realise how lucky we are that The Fall exist.
Well done.

But as you are fully aware, you'll need to be in my office first thing in the morning to explain yourself.
hello hello this is monkey wrench.......
Reply

Joined: 21 Jun 2003, 19:03

19 Jul 2014, 23:46 #4

Quite right. He needs hauling over the coals for listening to The Inspiral Carpets. From anywhere.
Down pokey quaint streets in Cambridge
Cycles our distant spastic heritage

http://nomorethanabigcrashingbeathappen ... gspot.com/
Reply

Tobydynamik
Member
Joined: 18 Jul 2005, 16:21

20 Jul 2014, 00:00 #5

good set. better to come
Reply

Little Frank
Member
Joined: 17 Feb 2006, 15:37

20 Jul 2014, 07:13 #6

Fantastic review:

http://www.instart.info/8-inmusica/606- ... usica.html

"Speech completely different must be done for The Fall. By Mark E. Smith all those who have chewed a bit of English music in the eighties have heard that it was never a "regular". I have always described with crazy, touchy, too much pain in the ass, a character always difficult to handle and to manage; Well, last night has really outdone himself dangling between the instruments, mumbling nonsense barking and altering the sounds of his instrumentalists inconsultamente acting on all pots of all amplifiers on stage, as if it were in the rehearsal room, almost unconscious of being in concert. In the struggle with the microphone wire for the whole concert, always looking the same after losing a dozen times on his walks dazed, Mark Smith spat a dirge continued, monotonous and lackluster, as inserted randomly into the dark and rhythmic sound tracks , which is well performed by a band of respect he has seen, however, thwarted all their work by the complete unavailability earth, on that stage and in those precise moments, of what was supposed to be the frontman, vocalist and leader. Mark E. Smith was elsewhere, with its ghosts, in a parallel world that had little to do with either Azzano Decimo both with the public in the audience is even with the other two groups on the bill."
The plastic turns to rotten.
Reply

Joined: 14 Mar 2005, 17:47

20 Jul 2014, 08:11 #7

Little Frank @ Jul 20 2014, 07:13 AM wrote: Fantastic review:

http://www.instart.info/8-inmusica/606- ... usica.html

"Speech completely different must be done for The Fall. By Mark E. Smith all those who have chewed a bit of English music in the eighties have heard that it was never a "regular". I have always described with crazy, touchy, too much pain in the ass, a character always difficult to handle and to manage; Well, last night has really outdone himself dangling between the instruments, mumbling nonsense barking and altering the sounds of his instrumentalists inconsultamente acting on all pots of all amplifiers on stage, as if it were in the rehearsal room, almost unconscious of being in concert. In the struggle with the microphone wire for the whole concert, always looking the same after losing a dozen times on his walks dazed, Mark Smith spat a dirge continued, monotonous and lackluster, as inserted randomly into the dark and rhythmic sound tracks , which is well performed by a band of respect he has seen, however, thwarted all their work by the complete unavailability earth, on that stage and in those precise moments, of what was supposed to be the frontman, vocalist and leader. Mark E. Smith was elsewhere, with its ghosts, in a parallel world that had little to do with either Azzano Decimo both with the public in the audience is even with the other two groups on the bill."
Sounds about right.
hello hello this is monkey wrench.......
Reply

chrisgoodhead
Member
Joined: 31 Oct 2003, 09:14

20 Jul 2014, 08:57 #8

Damn that Mark E Smith and his complete unavailability earth on that stage and in those precise moments...
It is idle to think that things in this life will last for ever in one state.
Reply

rainmaster
Member
Joined: 02 Mar 2008, 19:44

20 Jul 2014, 09:19 #9

^^^ Absolutely, and as for him dangling between the instruments...
Grade A triple platinum cunt.
Reply

misterrogers
Member
Joined: 07 May 2007, 00:35

22 Jul 2014, 15:06 #10

really nice promo shot... I like it
Reply

Daggerfall96
Member
Joined: 14 May 2007, 11:02

30 Jul 2014, 05:33 #11

Hmmm, I guess using a similar (mis)translation method for certain lyrics would just be cheating.
I wonder how much money some folk lost when the beard disappeared.....
Anyway, sounds like a great gig (says a prayer mtioning You Tube. Not redtube now the beard has gone......)
Reply

bs120603
Member
Joined: 06 Dec 2003, 13:10

25 Jun 2015, 09:52 #12

here is the video of the show:

https://vimeo.com/131735560


as i've already written elsewehere, it has been taken from a trash-can beside the stage, so the sound is rather good.



cheers, all the best!
marco


p.s.: in the video i'm the guy who wears red trousers and a THE WEDDING PRESENT Geoge Best t-shirt
THE FALL roll
Reply

Joined: 09 Mar 2011, 08:15

25 Jun 2015, 13:28 #13

bs120603 @ Jun 25 2015, 09:52 PM wrote: here is the video of the show:

https://vimeo.com/131735560


as i've already written elsewehere, it has been taken from a trash-can beside the stage, so the sound is rather good.



cheers, all the best!
marco


p.s.: in the video i'm the guy who wears red trousers and a THE WEDDING PRESENT Geoge Best t-shirt
Amazing sound!
Reply

bs120603
Member
Joined: 06 Dec 2003, 13:10

25 Jun 2015, 15:05 #14

Peter Cook's Jokes @ Jun 25 2015, 01:28 PM wrote:
bs120603 @ Jun 25 2015, 09:52 PM wrote: here is the video of the show:

https://vimeo.com/131735560


as i've already written elsewehere, it has been taken from a trash-can beside the stage, so the sound is rather good. 



cheers, all the best!
marco


p.s.: in the video i'm the guy who wears red trousers and a THE WEDDING PRESENT Geoge Best t-shirt
Amazing sound!
so thanks to http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-HDR-MV1B-M ... dio+camera

cheers, all the best
marco
THE FALL roll
Reply

bs120603
Member
Joined: 06 Dec 2003, 13:10

26 Jun 2015, 20:46 #15

well, it seems that THE FALL are going to come in italia again on the 4th of july 2015 (and of course i will be there):

http://zannefestival.net/zannebenedettini/


cheers, all the best!
marco
THE FALL roll
Reply

bs120603
Member
Joined: 06 Dec 2003, 13:10

27 Jun 2015, 20:18 #16

...and here are some pics taken by beppe zanardelli before and during the show:

http://www.theotheremission.net/


cheers, all the best
marco
THE FALL roll
Reply

rainmaster
Member
Joined: 02 Mar 2008, 19:44

27 Jun 2015, 21:48 #17

bs120603 @ Jun 27 2015, 09:18 PM wrote: ...and here are some pics taken by beppe zanardelli before and during the show:

- http://otheremissions.net/THE_FALLlive_ ... ecimo.html

What is Eleni playing at with her dress sense? :confused:

I mean spotty dress, handbag inside the coat, coat with another handbag over, short leggins, socks and high heels.... for crying out loud woman, sort it out! :unsure:
Grade A triple platinum cunt.
Reply

José Raúl
Member
Joined: 27 Aug 2011, 21:00

27 Jun 2015, 22:47 #18

bs120603 @ Jun 27 2015, 09:18 PM wrote:...and here are some pics taken by beppe zanardelli before and during the show:

- http://otheremissions.net/THE_FALLlive_ ... ecimo.html


cheers, all the best
marco

Wonderful pictures, Marco! This one's my favourite:



Thank you!

:applaud:
Spes agit M entem,
Reply

wearethedead
Member
Joined: 13 Jul 2008, 22:34

05 Jul 2015, 02:09 #19

nice photos! and downloadable vimeo link too
Reply