Conway
Administrator
Conway
Administrator

Aug 31 2007, 11:07 AM #1

And after casting my vote at the end of extra time the final result is:

Garden - 96
Leave The Capitol - 97

So congratulations to Leave The Capitol.

Thanks to everyone who took part in the competition and cheers for all the kind words of thanks. I hope everyone has enjoyed it as much as I have. :)

We will do another similar competition next year, probably a studio albums play-off series as has been suggested.

The side bets was very interesting. 5 people picked Leave The Capitol to make the final 4 songs, but no-one picked it to win, and none of the 5 picked Garden as well. But 2 people picked one other of the semi-finalists, so it comes down to those 2 people. I have tossed a coin and the winner is: Herman O Maddass - congratulations. I'll send you a message and we can discuss a prize. :beer:

Thanks again everyone! :)
The Fall online = The Fall A-Z. Every century... past, present and future. No re-writing the past; no obliterating it.

Keeping the vocalist away from fiddling with our knobs since 1998! Hup!

Aug 31 2007, 11:09 AM #2

Yahooooooooooooeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Let's go f****n' mental, let's go f****n' mental, la la la la etc.
'Appeals to rationality are mostly bluff. There is no good theory of what it is nor of how to recognise it.'

Aug 31 2007, 11:10 AM #3

'Appeals to rationality are mostly bluff. There is no good theory of what it is nor of how to recognise it.'

Aug 31 2007, 11:11 AM #4

Aug 31 2007, 11:14 AM #5

Aug 31 2007, 11:18 AM #6

Osibisa :wub: LTC

Divvey
Divvey

Aug 31 2007, 11:25 AM #7

it's a mistake.

black dog

Aug 31 2007, 11:27 AM #8

:applaud:
Great fun!!
Apologies for getting carried away and doubting the integretity of the vote :ohdear:

I got caught up in it and supported my favourites a bit too much. Suppose its a bit like shouting at the ref at a football match when things go against your team.

Many, many thanks to Conway for organising it all. Much appreciated. Its been a lot of fun and anything that gets me delving into neglected Fall tracks has to be a good thing.
Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead.

life just bounces

"To be realistic, you barely need anything else, do you?"

Consternation in Mayfair, rioting in Notting Hill Gate

Save me from the ails and the ills and from other things

Mere Pseud.

Aug 31 2007, 11:28 AM #9

Many thanks for all your efforts during the Cup, Conway

...and congratulations on your taste in the final :)
There's nothing more to be said.

Aug 31 2007, 11:31 AM #10

Divvey @ Aug 31 2007, 09:25 PM wrote: it's a mistake.

"It's based on solid, peer-reviewed evidence and is therefore the Truuuuuuuuuuuuuuth, you tree-hugging homeopath-consulting prole! Let's go f****n' rational, let's go f****n' rational, la la la la..."

Even Dick the Dawk :wub: LTC.

Conway
Administrator
Conway
Administrator

Aug 31 2007, 11:33 AM #11

I thought for a while that it might have ended as a draw. It's quite incredible that after a week and then 24 hours of extra time, there ended up being only 1 vote in it!
The Fall online = The Fall A-Z. Every century... past, present and future. No re-writing the past; no obliterating it.

Keeping the vocalist away from fiddling with our knobs since 1998! Hup!

Aug 31 2007, 11:35 AM #12

LTC fan after night out celebrating historic win

"whasssafucinyoareeleavecapisporfucinbessfallsongsberr'ngdn .... zzz ...zzz ..."

Aug 31 2007, 11:41 AM #13

Can we have a word with a Leave The Capitol fan then?

Did you go for it with your side bets?
How long in a PC camp?

Mere Pseud.

Aug 31 2007, 11:52 AM #14

The Man Whose Bed Diminished @ Aug 31 2007, 01:41 PM wrote:Can we have a word with a Leave The Capitol fan then?

I recently skimmed through the side bets and noticed that nobody predicted LTC as the winner. Conway may prove me wrong, though.

Personally I always hoped it would make it very far but didn't realistically dare to expect it.

on edit: I just noticed that Conway has edited his opening post concerning the side bets.
There's nothing more to be said.

Aug 31 2007, 12:02 PM #15

Mere Pseud. @ Aug 31 2007, 11:52 AM wrote:
The Man Whose Bed Diminished @ Aug 31 2007, 01:41 PM wrote:Can we have a word with a Leave The Capitol fan then?

I recently skimmed through the side bets and noticed that nobody predicted LTC as the winner. Conway may prove me wrong, though.
You and me both. ;)
How long in a PC camp?

Kapitän

Aug 31 2007, 02:04 PM #16

Congrats to Leave the Capitol! :applaud:

Not my top Fall song, but a worthy winner nonetheless...

Thin line between heaven and here
Owner of dogs, slow-witted dog owner

It takes grace to play the second fiddle well

renaldo

Aug 31 2007, 02:33 PM #17

I enjoyed this competition more than a grown man should - so thanks a lot Conway.

Still think Blindness was robbed mind.
The cops are tops

octophone

Aug 31 2007, 03:15 PM #18

Just think "Garden" voters, if you'd tipped just one of us the other way... :P

twinz2z

Aug 31 2007, 05:09 PM #19

Smile in unison.
Thanks Conway
Just Like People
FamiliarityandRecgnitionare not a valid basis for Approval

My BLOG "Ouspenskyfallexo.blogspot"

Aug 31 2007, 05:16 PM #20

The Man Whose Bed Diminished @ Aug 31 2007, 11:41 PM wrote: Can we have a word with a Leave The Capitol fan then?

Sure did.

In fact, I was *thinking* of picking it to win, but then thought... "Nah... no-one likes it THAT much (other than me)" and I picked "The Classical" instead.

Still rather astounded that The Classical lost to Blindness, to tell the truth.

Also, I was even thinking of not putting Leave The Capitol in my top 4 semi-finalists at all, because I really didn't think anyone rated it that highly. (Hence the reason I didn't pick it to win, and also because some days I think The Classical is just as astounding, if not more so...)

But then I am also surprised that people rate Garden as highly as they do... I like it and all, but really don't find it ranks amongst my all-time-favourite Fall tracks...

I'm also still thinking (looking back) that the other surprise in this competition for me was the "Who Makes The Nazis" upset in round 1... Still can't see how such a unique & ambitious song gets knocked out first round when met by a less unique & ambitious song...

But there you go.

And Blindness making it that far, too? Surprising. Though I do think Blindness is fantastic & all.

Yes yes... a fun & a strangely obsessive diversion, this Fallcup.

Didn't think I'd get wrapped up in it as I did.

Cheers to everyone for the fun & debate, and really, a lot of these comments where people are winding up or cussing out I think are really not worth taking too personally... I think it's all in the spirit of fun & passion over one of our favourite topics of conversation...

Hurrah The Fall, Fallcup, Conway, UFFers & UFF!!

Hurrah Leave The Capitol!!!!

Sorry if I offended anyone in the course of these proceedings & best wishes to all...

"Hotel maids smile in unison and you know you must...."
When do I quit. This. Hospital?

black dog

Aug 31 2007, 06:39 PM #21

Listening to Garden as I type.....shit, I voted for LTC....what madness overcame me..?

Can I ever be forgiven?

life just bounces

Aug 31 2007, 06:49 PM #22

Conway @ Aug 31 2007, 12:07 PM wrote: And after casting my vote at the end of extra time the final result is:

Garden - 96
Leave The Capitol - 97

So congratulations to Leave The Capitol.

Thanks to everyone who took part in the competition and cheers for all the kind words of thanks. I hope everyone has enjoyed it as much as I have. :)

We will do another similar competition next year, probably a studio albums play-off series as has been suggested.

The side bets was very interesting. 5 people picked Leave The Capitol to make the final 4 songs, but no-one picked it to win, and none of the 5 picked Garden as well. But 2 people picked one other of the semi-finalists, so it comes down to those 2 people. I have tossed a coin and the winner is: Herman O Maddass - congratulations. I'll send you a message and we can discuss a prize. :beer:

Thanks again everyone! :)
cheers Conway

:applaud:

was going to offer congrats to leave the capitol but on reflection it seems a bit silly talking to a song :)

more of a wimbledon than a real madrid to use a footballing anology ;)

a fine song though
much discussion in room CH one O two H eleven

black dog

Aug 31 2007, 06:49 PM #23

This has been a hollow victory :(

life just bounces

odlawyer
odlawyer

Aug 31 2007, 07:02 PM #24

black dog @ Sep 1 2007, 06:39 AM wrote: Listening to Garden as I type.....shit, I voted for LTC....what madness overcame me..?

Can I ever be forgiven?
Depends. Are you a Christian? :D

black dog

Aug 31 2007, 07:16 PM #25

Less worried about Jesus' opinion than that of Conway, surely a demi-god in our midst ;)

life just bounces