Brixtricated

Brixtricated

bzfgt
bzfgt

13 Dec 2015, 04:06 #1

There aren't enough Brix threads in this section. My title is a shameless ripoff of Academic Hamilton-style detournement. What do you all think of this Brix music that has been flooding the airwaves?

Divvey
Divvey

13 Dec 2015, 05:38 #2

And the tell all book, how she learns to cope with "a brew" in the NW of England, how she learns to differentiate between different kinds of bread rolls (baps, barm cakes, stotties etc) and why does everyone in Manchesterford look anaemic?

Can't wait.

bzfgt
bzfgt

13 Dec 2015, 09:55 #3

Damn it, you guys can't behave--I'm locking this thread until it cools down.

bzfgt
bzfgt

20 Dec 2015, 20:56 #4

Topic re-opened as things are clearly much calmer and more cordial on the forum of late...

Divvey
Divvey

20 Dec 2015, 20:58 #5

bzfgt @ Dec 21 2015, 06:56 AM wrote: Topic re-opened as things are clearly much calmer and more cordial on the forum of late...
:lol:

bzfgt
bzfgt

01 Apr 2017, 00:47 #6

A REVIEW FROM fuck caps lock Norman Records web page:

7/10 Clinton Staff review, 08 March 2017

Well I was expecting worse but it has to remembered that Brix Smith was around for two of the Fall's best and brightest eras in the '80s and '90's. Thing is though she's a great guitarist and songwriter she's never quite had the charisma to be a front person and here it shows. Both songs are vibrant and churning pieces no doubt helped by having the 'classic Hanley brothers rhythm section churning away. 'Something to Lose' bangs along like 'Big New Prinz' but there's no replacing Smith is there and Brix doesn't help with clunky couplets such as " tomorrow i'll be filthy today I am a rainbow" 'Faced With Time' is probably better for not attempting to be the Fall and instead sounds like a decent take on the 90's tangle rock of the Breeders or Belly. With the last few the Fall albums being at best so-so maybe Mark E Smith could swallow his pride and give her a call? Or maybe not.
https://www.normanrecords.com/records/1 ... e-faced-by

tim
tim

18 Apr 2017, 19:43 #7

vote for me and i'll set you free
rap on brother and sister rap on

as the song goes

the extricated and brix were on bbc radio 6
today on maconie and Radcliffe show their new single was aired
and yesterday was on Riley's show being played in gay abandon
it was - oo er , well i'll go to the bottom of owa stairs - shut that
door etc .

sinister exaggerator

tim
tim

22 Aug 2017, 14:10 #8

their debut album launch in house appearance whatsit
on sept 22nd seven ish rough trade Nottingham branch
then on the 23rd sept at two ish at rough trade east of capital there in.

more sandbags arnie , not for world war 3 apocalyptic thermal nuclear meltdown , but a barrage of smite & a blitzkrieg of abuse which , said beat combo are expected to be recipitants of , from here once album is launched - remember Charlie don't surf keyboards of fury etc. etc.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------helping to make Britain great again

redclaw2

27 Sep 2017, 13:28 #9

Divvey @ Dec 13 2015, 05:38 PM wrote: And the tell all book, how she learns to cope with "a brew" in the NW of England, how she learns to differentiate between different kinds of bread rolls (baps, barm cakes, stotties etc) and why does everyone in Manchesterford look anaemic?

Can't wait.
Do they have Stottie Cakes in Manchester? :whistle: