7-CD singles box set ....

7-CD singles box set ....

Philh
Member
Joined: 07 Sep 2006, 22:38

19 Aug 2016, 23:56 #1

"'The Fall Singles 1978-2016', slated for November" (according to Mojo). Please let there be a few decent demos, out-takes, alternative mixes.
Vote All Leave Cancelled for the YZN Cup (edited/corrected by the author).
Reply

elvischomsky
Member
Joined: 13 Jan 2006, 16:26

20 Aug 2016, 00:07 #2

Philh @ Aug 19 2016, 11:56 PM wrote: "'The Fall Singles 1978-2016', slated for November" (according to Mojo). Please let there be a few decent demos, out-takes, alternative mixes.
Well, it's not like their compliations tend to be mad rocking horse crap, but fingers crossed.

Put singles in order - job done.
'A good man and loyal' MES 2014.

I've never met a Fall fan I did like.
Reply

Joined: 03 Mar 2009, 14:11

20 Aug 2016, 00:11 #3

I'm not getting it either way. Reduction, not acquisition.
My brain is the most complex thing in the Universe. Hiccup said so.

"for the LOLZ!!!!"

'false bravado won't hide the cracks'
Reply

Philh
Member
Joined: 07 Sep 2006, 22:38

20 Aug 2016, 00:14 #4

elvischomsky @ Aug 20 2016, 12:07 AM wrote:
Philh @ Aug 19 2016, 11:56 PM wrote: "'The Fall Singles 1978-2016', slated for November" (according to Mojo). Please let there be a few decent demos, out-takes, alternative mixes.
Well, it's not like their compliations tend to be mad rocking horse crap, but fingers crossed.
Elvis - I utterly love them and play them loads.
Vote All Leave Cancelled for the YZN Cup (edited/corrected by the author).
Reply

Philh
Member
Joined: 07 Sep 2006, 22:38

20 Aug 2016, 00:15 #5

Starsky-Tandoori @ Aug 20 2016, 12:11 AM wrote: I'm not getting it either way. Reduction, not acquisition.
It's product. Keep it coming ......
Vote All Leave Cancelled for the YZN Cup (edited/corrected by the author).
Reply

Divvey
Moderator
Divvey
Moderator
Joined: 06 Dec 2003, 05:56

20 Aug 2016, 01:11 #6

Some good latter day b sides need a good release.
Reply

Joined: 03 Mar 2009, 14:11

20 Aug 2016, 01:13 #7

Philh @ Aug 20 2016, 01:15 AM wrote:
Starsky-Tandoori @ Aug 20 2016, 12:11 AM wrote: I'm not getting it either way. Reduction, not acquisition.
It's product. Keep it coming ......
......... production line. No quality control.
My brain is the most complex thing in the Universe. Hiccup said so.

"for the LOLZ!!!!"

'false bravado won't hide the cracks'
Reply

avsp
Member
avsp
Member
Joined: 19 Feb 2007, 12:30

20 Aug 2016, 05:43 #8

Wonder how 'complete' it will be?

Will all the HTN remixes be on their own separate disc again?

& if eps are included? & if so, if Slates in slated for inclusion?

Maybe someone who has slept more recently than me can add up all the track timings to see what'll fit on 7 cds?
Reply

devin12
Member
devin12
Member
Joined: 03 Aug 2016, 07:09

20 Aug 2016, 07:05 #9

Will it be on iTunes? Maybe this is still unknown.
Reply

dannyno
Moderator
dannyno
Moderator
Joined: 11 May 2004, 15:28

20 Aug 2016, 07:16 #10

Other than the concept, it all seems to be pretty much unknown! Can't find any pre-release information anywhere.

Dan
Reply

dannyno
Moderator
dannyno
Moderator
Joined: 11 May 2004, 15:28

20 Aug 2016, 07:17 #11

devin12 @ Aug 20 2016, 08:05 AM wrote: Will it be on iTunes? Maybe this is still unknown.
Probably all the singles are on itunes in various forms anyway, so you could do your own compilation. I guess as others have said it's whether there's any additional stuff to draw in the completists.

Dan
Reply

Joined: 07 Aug 2013, 18:36

20 Aug 2016, 08:42 #12

As long as this is done properly and the Beggars ers isn't skipped, this could be the cat's pajamas. Yes, I could put this together myself but let's face it, they're one of the greatest singles bands ever to roamed the earth. Name me one shit Fall A-side....
Can't dance, can't sing. Cursed forever is...well, me.
Reply

Joined: 07 Aug 2013, 18:36

20 Aug 2016, 08:43 #13

....exactly, you can't. :lol:
Can't dance, can't sing. Cursed forever is...well, me.
Reply

Divvey
Moderator
Divvey
Moderator
Joined: 06 Dec 2003, 05:56

20 Aug 2016, 08:59 #14

Cos there's none
Reply

Neal Cassady
Member
Joined: 08 Dec 2005, 11:05

20 Aug 2016, 09:15 #15

thehippriestess @ Aug 20 2016, 08:42 AM wrote:Name me one shit Fall A-side....
Victoria :unsure:
Popcorn Double Feature :unsure: :unsure:

Though that's not bad out of the, erm, 70 odd, there have been.
I'm not that good at smoking bongs, I'm not that good at breathing in.
Reply

skyhighatrist
Member
Joined: 25 May 2013, 22:34

20 Aug 2016, 09:23 #16

susan vs youthclub
wise old man

are both fairly poor at best
Reply

Joined: 07 Aug 2013, 18:36

20 Aug 2016, 09:42 #17

Christ, here we go, they've not even announced the tracklisting yet.... :lol:


I would expect this to do exactly what it says on the tin - no outtakes or extras etc. Also, I wouldn't expect every HTN mix or the So What About It mixes etc either.
Can't dance, can't sing. Cursed forever is...well, me.
Reply

Neal Cassady
Member
Joined: 08 Dec 2005, 11:05

20 Aug 2016, 10:08 #18

thehippriestess @ Aug 20 2016, 09:42 AM wrote:Christ, here we go, they've not even announced the tracklisting yet....  :lol:


I would expect this to do exactly what it says on the tin - no outtakes or extras etc. Also, I wouldn't expect every HTN mix or the So What About It mixes etc either.
Well, you did ask :P
As for Hit The North, one mix is one to many... so add that to the list!
I'm not that good at smoking bongs, I'm not that good at breathing in.
Reply

Stranger
Member
Joined: 19 Jul 2004, 12:06

20 Aug 2016, 10:18 #19

Neal Cassady @ Aug 20 2016, 11:08 AM wrote:
thehippriestess @ Aug 20 2016, 09:42 AM wrote:Christ, here we go, they've not even announced the tracklisting yet....  :lol:


I would expect this to do exactly what it says on the tin - no outtakes or extras etc. Also, I wouldn't expect every HTN mix or the So What About It mixes etc either.
Well, you did ask :P
As for Hit The North, one mix is one to many... so add that to the list!
no.

All Hit the North mixes, Susan vs Youthclub, Popcorn Double Feature, and Victoria - all class imo.

still getting my head around Wise Old Man, but I like the vast majority of the output from the last few years (inc the wrongly maliged Ersatz GB) so I might get there yet.
BBC...Clitheroe Castle....The Fall...1985...please...
Reply

gappy tooth
Member
Joined: 13 Jun 2003, 11:23

20 Aug 2016, 10:18 #20

thehippriestess @ Aug 20 2016, 08:42 PM wrote: As long as this is done properly and the Beggars ers isn't skipped, this could be the cat's pajamas. Yes, I could put this together myself but let's face it, they're one of the greatest singles bands ever to roamed the earth. Name me one shit Fall A-side....
Ed's Babe won't be winning any awards.
Good Vi-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-bratio-xx
Reply

gappy tooth
Member
Joined: 13 Jun 2003, 11:23

20 Aug 2016, 10:26 #21

Philh @ Aug 20 2016, 11:56 AM wrote: Please let there be a few decent demos, out-takes, alternative mixes.
I'm hoping the opposite, then I won't have to consider buying it.
Good Vi-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-bratio-xx
Reply

Joined: 20 Jan 2006, 20:39

20 Aug 2016, 10:30 #22

gappy tooth @ Aug 20 2016, 11:18 AM wrote:
thehippriestess @ Aug 20 2016, 08:42 PM wrote: As long as this is done properly and the Beggars ers isn't skipped, this could be the cat's pajamas. Yes, I could put this together myself but let's face it, they're one of the greatest singles bands ever to roamed the earth. Name me one shit Fall A-side....
Ed's Babe won't be winning any awards.
Oh golly, it will. That whole ep's great.
"... a shiftless person, roving and magotie-headed, and sometimes little better than crased."
Reply

Stranger
Member
Joined: 19 Jul 2004, 12:06

20 Aug 2016, 10:31 #23

gappy tooth @ Aug 20 2016, 11:18 AM wrote:
thehippriestess @ Aug 20 2016, 08:42 PM wrote: As long as this is done properly and the Beggars ers isn't skipped, this could be the cat's pajamas. Yes, I could put this together myself but let's face it, they're one of the greatest singles bands ever to roamed the earth. Name me one shit Fall A-side....
Ed's Babe won't be winning any awards.
No - love that one too, love the chords on the 'chorus' bit, and those 'ooo-ooh' backing vocals, great stuff. :)
BBC...Clitheroe Castle....The Fall...1985...please...
Reply

elvischomsky
Member
Joined: 13 Jan 2006, 16:26

20 Aug 2016, 10:42 #24

Just checked on amazon, no sign yet, but by Jupiter I hadn't realised how much the group's singles are now going for plenty handbag! :o


PS Ed's Babe is beautiful (and a bromance song to Blaney).
'A good man and loyal' MES 2014.

I've never met a Fall fan I did like.
Reply

In The North
Member
Joined: 18 Jun 2014, 09:38

20 Aug 2016, 10:52 #25

Mojo Slates November, no mention of which Nov.
Dan
Reply