100 Club, London

100 Club, London

Philh

27 Jul 2017, 23:45 #1

Nothing on here about the gig that finished about an hour and a half ago. So I'm listening to New Facts Emerge on Spotify.
Vote All Leave Cancelled for the YZN Cup (edited/corrected by the author).

Clive Barton

28 Jul 2017, 05:49 #2

Very little on Twitter. Various expressions of concerns re MES's health.

Pete's hair is growing back:https://twitter.com/kopalina82/status/8 ... 7591753728

Philh

28 Jul 2017, 05:57 #3

Michael Clapham on keyboards again.
Vote All Leave Cancelled for the YZN Cup (edited/corrected by the author).

dannyno
dannyno

28 Jul 2017, 06:03 #4

Social media posts suggest MES spent the majority of the gig either off stage or behind a speaker. And Pam Van Damned did some crowd warming-up?

Dan

huh
huh

28 Jul 2017, 06:04 #5

That Pam from Twitter.

28 Jul 2017, 06:51 #6

A few bits on FB The Mighty Fall. This Pam girl giving it plenty.

28 Jul 2017, 07:25 #7

Anyone bump into Jeremy Vine?
http://jeremyvine.tv/why-i-love-the-fall/

28 Jul 2017, 07:25 #8

Edit: whoops, double post

28 Jul 2017, 07:39 #9

WrayWrayWrayWrayWrayWrayWrayWray @ Jul 28 2017, 08:25 AM wrote: Anyone bump into Jeremy Vine?
http://jeremyvine.tv/why-i-love-the-fall/
Yeah, his brother was there too.
My brain is the most complex thing in the Universe. Hiccup said so.

"for the LOLZ!!!!"

'false bravado won't hide the cracks'

28 Jul 2017, 07:45 #10

I was thrilled that my son won the tickets, I had to pinch myself .... and on arrival to be given a couple of tokens each for two drinks apiece, on the house, was further joy. Crowd were a mix, loads of young people, yes them! Quite a few of our generation. Ran into a couple of fofers. Well you do, don't you?

As soon as they came on stage, it was obvious that MES did not look his usual self, but his voice was fine and so there was really no indication that it would become a bit of a car crash event in some ways. I don't know, perhaps self consciousness about his looks, or tired legs, general illness, but MES ducked down from pretty early on, at one point all I could see was his hair, thin, flapping in a fan- breeze. Then invisibility, well, I couldn't see him. Group were spot on, driving the machine, safe hands, been here before, seen it before, you know they can steer the bus.

I don't know why Pam came on stage, was it to 'help'? There were a lot of hand signals to 'up' the crowd, and much strutting about the stage like a cross between Tina Turner and Rod Stewart. A cheerleader without the ra ra skirt. The principal boy in panto. The band played on, skinny rats dressed in 'black' to Pam's pea-cocking. Pam hand slapping the audience,doing little theatrical stares, taking the mic and doing a sort of MES impersonation. I don't know what the group thought, they gave nothing away.

Some people there clearly enjoyed her role, but others not. Lots of things with The Fall have taken some getting used to when changes come, I don't know if Pam is in the group or not, but she told us at the end, after a hurried encore, that she was Mark's girlfriend, in a sort of 'get used to it' type way. Pam didn't seem to be able to stop herself from berating the audience as the music ended and folk fled the club. I can't remember verbatim (six pints of Dead Donkey) but the gist was, 'You might not have got what you expected but you got something' and 'That was worth a fiver' something about London audiences and I think maybe a piss off, get lost, style of parting shot. This was my worry, not the verbal stuff .... but the domination. Maybe there'll be a name change soon to 'Pam's New Fall'.

Personally I think it up to the audience to show appreciation or not, they've a right to enjoy what is offered, and an equal right to be unimpressed. I enjoyed myself, but then, I mostly do.

See Little Frank for set.

"for the LOLZ!!!!"

28 Jul 2017, 07:45 #11

I am Alvin Snook in all but website.

28 Jul 2017, 07:51 #12

Starsky-Tandoori @ Jul 28 2017, 07:45 AM wrote: I was thrilled that my son won the tickets, I had to pinch myself .... and on arrival to be given a couple of tokens each for two drinks apiece, on the house, was further joy. Crowd were a mix, loads of young people, yes them!  Quite a few of our generation.  Ran into a couple of fofers. Well you do, don't you?

As soon as they came on stage, it was obvious that MES did not look his usual self, but his voice was fine and so there was really no indication that it would become a bit of a car crash event in some ways. I don't know, perhaps self consciousness about his looks, or tired legs, general illness, but MES ducked down from pretty early on, at one point all I could see was his hair, thin, flapping in a fan- breeze. Then invisibility, well, I couldn't see him. Group were spot on, driving the machine, safe hands, been here before, seen it before, you know they can steer the bus.

I don't know why Pam came on stage, was it to 'help'? There were a lot of hand signals to 'up' the crowd, and much strutting about the stage like a cross between Tina Turner and Rod Stewart. A cheerleader without the ra ra skirt. The principal boy in panto. The band played on, skinny rats dressed in 'black' to Pam's pea-cocking. Pam hand slapping the audience,doing little theatrical stares, taking the mic and doing a sort of MES impersonation. I don't know what the group thought, they gave nothing away.

Some people there clearly enjoyed her role, but others not. Lots of things with The Fall have taken some getting used to when changes come, I don't know if Pam is in the group or not, but she told us at the end, after a hurried encore, that she was Mark's girlfriend, in a sort of 'get used to it' type way. Pam didn't seem to be able to stop herself from berating the audience as the music ended and folk fled the club. I can't remember verbatim (six pints of Dead Donkey) but the gist was, 'You might not have got what you expected but you got something' and 'That was worth a fiver' something about London audiences and I think maybe a piss off, get lost, style of parting shot. This was my worry, not the verbal stuff .... but the domination. Maybe there'll be a name change soon to 'Pam's New Fall'.

Personally I think it up to the audience to show appreciation or not, they've a right to enjoy what is offered, and an equal right to be unimpressed. I enjoyed myself, but then, I mostly do.

Sounds like a load of wank.

Why does each new girlfriend have to turn into Linda McCartney? :D

OK, we know Brix had genuine talent, but the rest. C'mon.
Not everyone's cup of tea.

johncoan

28 Jul 2017, 08:07 #13

Starsky-Tandoori @ Jul 28 2017, 07:45 PM wrote: I was thrilled that my son won the tickets, I had to pinch myself .... and on arrival to be given a couple of tokens each for two drinks apiece, on the house, was further joy. Crowd were a mix, loads of young people, yes them! Quite a few of our generation. Ran into a couple of fofers. Well you do, don't you?

Interesting. Thanks.
be-boxed focken clown

Divvey
Divvey

28 Jul 2017, 09:16 #14

JumperClown

28 Jul 2017, 10:23 #15

Blimey that photo - never mind "I Am Damo Suzuki" - he's more "My name is John Merrick" :o

Circus Money

28 Jul 2017, 10:24 #16

I went into you tube this morning to see if there was any film of last night show and noticed that there were quite a few options for a 'live' streaming of it.

Does anybody know anything about this ?

Perhaps this may explain Mark's reticence to appear on stage if he has a medical problem.
Sometimes life just bounces so you don't get worried at all.

robbroncs

28 Jul 2017, 10:40 #17

christ.... i was seriously stoked for these NYC shows. now i'm fearing that i'll just be watching someone prance around on stage like a fucking Frankie and Annette beach party movie.

<_<
"who's gonna play me in the movie? STING!"

28 Jul 2017, 10:45 #18

At the last 'Fred Perry' Fall gig, at The Garage, there was some decent quality footage released not long after the gig. I did see a young fellah with a hand held camera, so it's possible something will appear.

"for the LOLZ!!!!"

JumperClown

28 Jul 2017, 10:45 #19

robbroncs @ Jul 28 2017, 10:40 PM wrote: christ.... i was seriously stoked for these NYC shows. now i'm fearing that i'll just be watching someone prance around on stage like a fucking Frankie and Annette beach party movie.

<_<
A brave move booking a New York residency if he's as frail as eye witnesses reported.

In The Fall tradition though - American tours are where it all kicks off..

robbroncs

28 Jul 2017, 10:51 #20

i'm going to hell.... my usual black humor.

mods, feel free to delete https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klVhwlwHhY4
"who's gonna play me in the movie? STING!"

28 Jul 2017, 11:38 #21

Few more decent Twitter-sourced snaps from last night:
https://twitter.com/dtemple90/status/890885856768217088
Rosing it up on the wrong side of the family white trash type
I love you so I want to be sick, and go home slow

28 Jul 2017, 11:48 #22

Actresses on Cupboards @ Jul 28 2017, 11:38 PM wrote: Few more decent Twitter-sourced snaps from last night:
https://twitter.com/dtemple90/status/890885856768217088
Poor Mark.

Hope he's better soon.

28 Jul 2017, 11:57 #23

What on earth is up with him? Seriously?

Like, what kind of medical condition would cause bloating, boils etC?

Unless its medication he's on, strong antibiotics or something?

Worrying to say the least.

avsp
avsp

28 Jul 2017, 13:58 #24

Circus Money @ Jul 28 2017, 10:24 AM wrote: I went into you tube this morning to see if there was any film of last night show and noticed that there were quite a few options for a 'live' streaming of it.

Does anybody know anything about this ?

Perhaps this may explain Mark's reticence to appear on stage if he has a medical problem.
almost certainly a scam, nearly fell for myself last year

a clue is that the url on redirect isn't yt etc

few venues would allow live streaming & even if they did a ppv fingy would be well publicised here beforehand

28 Jul 2017, 13:59 #25

Peter D. Hogg IV @ Jul 28 2017, 12:57 PM wrote: What on earth is up with him? Seriously?

Like, what kind of medical condition would cause bloating, boils etC?

Unless its medication he's on, strong antibiotics or something?

Worrying to say the least.
Yes agreed. Feeling a bit sad about this. Can't help but wonder how serious it is.
EXCEPT