Skell lawyer for total disgrace Jose Ramos (Bronx tix-fix-drug dealer mutt) gets bounced off case

This a public forum. To edit this forum's settings go to Menu > Structure > Preferences.

Skell lawyer for total disgrace Jose Ramos (Bronx tix-fix-drug dealer mutt) gets bounced off case

kopinyc

08 May 2013, 11:41 #1

The lead defendant in the Bronx ticket-fixing scandal lost his lawyer yesterday after prosecutors announced that her alleged misconduct with him in a lower Manhattan jail is currently under investigation.

Bronx prosecutor Omer Wiczyk said the unspecified misconduct occurred in the Tombs in November 2012, when attorney Dawn Florio was visiting disgraced NYPD cop Jose Ramos, 43, charged with conspiring to kill one of the witnesses in the 2012 scandal. Ramos was immediately assigned a new lawyer; a June 17 court date was set in his case.

As she left court, Florio said that she had only just heard about the investigation. The misconduct investigation is being conducted by the Manhattan DA’s Office, where a spokeswoman declined to comment.

Florio, a former Bronx prosecutor, had been fired in 2000 after officials alleged she had used her position to help an ex-con boyfriend in a burglary. She was arrested in 2005 for allegedly passing contraband, including 300 prescription pills, to another client at Manhattan Criminal Court. Those charges were eventually sealed.
"They don't think it be like it is but it do" - Oscar Gamble

Posts 0

08 May 2013, 12:00 #2

How many crimes does a perp lawyer have to commit before the appellate division's atty disciplinary committee lifts their license?

kopinyc

08 May 2013, 12:04 #3

terry wrote:
How many crimes does a perp lawyer have to commit before the appellate division's atty disciplinary committee lifts their license?
Well, Terry, you sure are putting them on the spot, aren't ya?...Female and Hispanic....I'd even venture to say that she might have been a triple threat (gay) but I'm suspecting a BJ in the incident that lead to her dismissal...But still, a 'two-fer" is enough to make any cowardly bureaucracy look away w/a "tsk, tsk."  
"They don't think it be like it is but it do" - Oscar Gamble

10 08

08 May 2013, 12:50 #4

terry wrote:

TrueBlue

08 May 2013, 12:59 #5

It always seemed to me that it was the Legal Profession that needed an Inspector General who had some ballz and teeth.
But there's too much inbreed corruption amongst it...politicians, attorneys, money, etc.
Can we even imagine how Probate Court is handled ?I recently read a story of a multi - $40 mil - millionaire who died without a Will or any family.Imagine the deals being cut to get a bite of that pie ?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... state.html
Everybody hypes "The Blue Wall".
The Legal Wall is umpteenth times more pernicious....as they make the rules.

Ft Z

08 May 2013, 14:27 #6

You can be a convicted FELON and still practice law...go figure!

http://blogs.wsj.com/law/2007/03/08/new ... ted-felon/
Fort Zinderneuf - Heroic Adventurs, Savage desert Tribesman, Men who laugh in the face of Death!

exfed2002

08 May 2013, 15:16 #7

Ft Z wrote:
You can be a convicted FELON and still practice law...go figure!
When did that change?
The guy I convicted in 1987 got disbarred as soon as he was sentenced and didn't get his license back until 2007.
The answer is there is no answer..............