What the hell is the matter with the GTA airgun forum?

What the hell is the matter with the GTA airgun forum?

June 30th, 2012, 11:33 pm #1

Look, I've tried several times to sign up at the GTA airgun forum. Because...you have to admit there is a bit of a "brain drain" from the yellow forum with all the banning of people who dare to speak freely, or dealers who aren't paying a tithe.

So, I've tried several times to sign up over at the GTA with my same username that I use on Network 54, just to keep things consistent...so if I buy or sell, there is an easily findable/recognizeable identity that follows me around.

Problem is, in the sign-up process, there are so many layers of catchpas, mensa puzzles, and general ******** that I just can't fight my way through it all. And you know what...its not like I'm some computer illerterate old fart...I'm actually pretty handy. Makes me wonder how many other well intentioned people simply aren't there to contrubute because of it all.

Can I hire someone to create my identity for me? Or is there any way someone here, who is a member there, can contact an administrator at the GTA, and tell them to dial back all the ******** by several layers.

Mpac
Mpac

July 1st, 2012, 12:51 am #2

The old forum I couldn't use my old handle so when the new one came up running I had to rerigister and loose al my photos that I had and register with a new name.Maybe somebody knows something different about using old member name.

July 1st, 2012, 1:22 am #3

Look, I've tried several times to sign up at the GTA airgun forum. Because...you have to admit there is a bit of a "brain drain" from the yellow forum with all the banning of people who dare to speak freely, or dealers who aren't paying a tithe.

So, I've tried several times to sign up over at the GTA with my same username that I use on Network 54, just to keep things consistent...so if I buy or sell, there is an easily findable/recognizeable identity that follows me around.

Problem is, in the sign-up process, there are so many layers of catchpas, mensa puzzles, and general ******** that I just can't fight my way through it all. And you know what...its not like I'm some computer illerterate old fart...I'm actually pretty handy. Makes me wonder how many other well intentioned people simply aren't there to contrubute because of it all.

Can I hire someone to create my identity for me? Or is there any way someone here, who is a member there, can contact an administrator at the GTA, and tell them to dial back all the ******** by several layers.
in my mind not worth the effort. What the hell are they affraid of?

July 1st, 2012, 3:44 am #4

About 6 months ago I tried my hardest to sign up to respond to someone. After an hour or so, I gave up in disgust. Even one of their moderators tried to help, but no joy. No great loss anyhow.

So it isn't just you.

Packrat1947

www.pbase.com/packrat

warren
warren

July 1st, 2012, 6:07 am #5

I just sent a personal E-mail to one of the moderators of the GTA forum to try to explain this problem

warren

July 1st, 2012, 9:50 am #6

Yep, I experienced similar problems/obstacles initially.
Why? GTA measures to protection from spammers/junkmailers.
If you persist ... you will eventually succeed.

Moreover, I would try to Log-In and have the system send your old pass word.
The tactic of resetting my password solved most of my problems.

Even so, one is required to make twenty or so posts to be able to insert links.

howard intveld
howard intveld

July 1st, 2012, 3:37 pm #7

problems reinstalling my old name and getting set up. I know the little pictures you have to arrange is a little strange but it works. Howie1a.

July 3rd, 2012, 7:40 pm #8

We seem to be adding members every week. There used to be those stupid pictures you have to flip every time you logged on but they are now gone. Maybe you have to do that and use a captcha for the initial log in process? I moderate a couple of the forums there but don't have anything to do with the new member routine. The forum has been hacked several times, hence the layers of security. Still, it shouldn't be insurmountable. Keep trying. If you still have a problem, post it here and I will see what's up. Can't promise anything as I am not the forum owner.

July 3rd, 2012, 9:35 pm #9

I rarely post over there but I log in to read some of the posts

I would rate the GTA as better than the Yellow in participation and information and they have more members

in second place is the DWC because the diversity of it's members, we have members from Brazil, India, UK, NZ, Germany, Holland, Pakistan, (did I spell that country right??) and many others like California, LOL

again, thanks Red

take care

warren

and remember "it's 30% the gun and 70% the shooter"

July 4th, 2012, 12:04 am #10

GTA? Gamo shamo!