Dont take this to Amazon

Dont take this to Amazon

January 29th, 2010, 5:42 pm #1

Hi, I am appealing to everyone on here who likes GNGS and Marti, to please not comment on reveiws of her book on Amazon. Check any true crime book out there, or any book at all for that matter and look at the reviews and you will see people do not answer reviews.

Only on Marti's book are there people who think they are doing her a favor by writing back to people who put up reviews. You are not doing her a favor. Amazon is an enormous site used and looked at by not just book buyers but journalists and other authors as well as show producers etc. If Marti sticks out by having what looks like cultists writing to book buyers it looks funny, it makes her book different and not in a good way.

Amazon reviews are never answered. People have the right to say whatever they want about a book they spend money on. You included, I wrote one of high praise for Marti, but have in the past attacked other books I thought were crap, that is my right, but no one writes back. These reveiw "answers" may well offend someone that she would like to do business with in the future. No author worth their salt is a one book pony and I am sure that is true in her case as well.

Oftentimes books arouse strong feelings in people, one of my favorites is the Audacity of Hope, and the reviews on it are as mixed as the world in general. But no one writes back to those who comment. Its just not done. There are threads, like this one, or Huff Post,where people argue amongst themselves, but not Amazon, its like discussing politics or religion at a dinner party where one does not know the hosts. A thing best not done. So if you have to write in anger, then please respond to my post and attack me for saying this, but leave it off Amazon because it makes her look bad and she isnt.

January 30th, 2010, 1:46 am #2

So what are the people who believe in this story and its cry for justice supposed to do? Are we supposed to let the trolls slander this decent work and not comment? What would it look like at Rulli's review pages if only the trolls left responses? I think you should let Rulli worry about herself. I've read her many thank yous to all of us for our support. I have no doubt she appreciates us. I couldn't even imagine her having to be alone in this. Some books warrant this kind of controversy. No troll will have the last word as long as I'm around.

January 30th, 2010, 5:43 am #3

I get where you are coming from and have wondered myself if a new possible reader of Goodbye Natalie passing by Amazon might see some of those wild comments and run for the hills. It sure looks like a forum war going on there, but on the other hand, if no other books have that happening, isn't that a statement that this story deserves the law to step in and put a final stamp on this mystery? I don't think it's a bad reflection on the authors. I think it shows that this book is one of the most controversial in a long time, and deserves attention. It's on the brink of justice and this isn't the time to give up.

It's not fruitless to keep trying. I think Goodbye Natalie alone proves that much. What people want is for the law to take notice. That's all people want, and I think those against the book should want it as much as those of us in support of the book.
This is one hell of a crazy story, and it is mindboggling how the messengers are attacked. It needs support and defense against those out to destroy its credibility and purpose. I will keep defending it, and another reviewer at the Amazon site has asked readers for the same thing. I feel in good company with those who feel as I do. This book is beyond a book. It's a mission, and from what I see here at this forum, those of us together in this mission, I really believe in our passion to get something done.
Vlad, Cher, Prince, Sunnflower and Hartbeat have curdled my blood at times, but they are not in my way. They are insignificant to the bigger picture, the ultimate purpose. When they post their lies, it's important to retaliate with truth. Even if only one person happens across their lies, the counter truth needs to be there. These are relentless, obsessed people.
I've seen us start basic threads here about Natalie's movies or about something deserving of questioning, and in they come. They turn the tables and call us trolls. We could care less if they want to spend eternity loving RJ. It is they who don't leave us alone, and they slander Rulli and Davern. Most of us who understand this mystery wouldn't post so often if it weren't for Natalie. She's the purpose. She deserves justice. If it doesn't come now, it never will.

I know all of you here (JamesV, Paytn, Yen, Daisy, Creed, Truth, Marianne and more) feel the same way. I'm proud to be in your company. If we let a thread go such as the one that blamed Natalie for her death, or the one that says it's ok for RJ to lie because he's trained as a celebrity to do so, we only let Natalie down. For some reason, I can't let her down. Too many others already have.

January 30th, 2010, 1:08 pm #4

Jaywalker,I agree with you wholeheartedly. I have noticed that smarmy business going on over at Amazon, especially by one person who seems to hold a personal vendetta against Marti Rulli and Dennis Davern. This reviewer/commenter seems to follow the handful of negative reviews much as a shark senses the odor of fresh blood. This person has called us trolls because we post on this site but s/he has posted here as well. What does s/he onsider her/himself? Possibly "Defenders of the Robert Wagner Realm of Deception" so in the mind's eye it is beyond reproach?
If we allow these people in their reviews and their comments to change the words of Dennis Davern to fit their own agenda I feel we are caving in. I refuse to cave in to anyone when I feel in my heart that I am correct.
I also say this respectfully to Anon... I fear you are wrong in your statement that people do not answer comments. Not only do the reviews get commented on but in thousands of instances the comments get commented on and many times they are commented on by the author's of the books themself.
I say, let us press forward and face the pedantic and didactic forces attempting to supress the truth head on!

January 30th, 2010, 3:46 pm #5

Hi, I am appealing to everyone on here who likes GNGS and Marti, to please not comment on reveiws of her book on Amazon. Check any true crime book out there, or any book at all for that matter and look at the reviews and you will see people do not answer reviews.

Only on Marti's book are there people who think they are doing her a favor by writing back to people who put up reviews. You are not doing her a favor. Amazon is an enormous site used and looked at by not just book buyers but journalists and other authors as well as show producers etc. If Marti sticks out by having what looks like cultists writing to book buyers it looks funny, it makes her book different and not in a good way.

Amazon reviews are never answered. People have the right to say whatever they want about a book they spend money on. You included, I wrote one of high praise for Marti, but have in the past attacked other books I thought were crap, that is my right, but no one writes back. These reveiw "answers" may well offend someone that she would like to do business with in the future. No author worth their salt is a one book pony and I am sure that is true in her case as well.

Oftentimes books arouse strong feelings in people, one of my favorites is the Audacity of Hope, and the reviews on it are as mixed as the world in general. But no one writes back to those who comment. Its just not done. There are threads, like this one, or Huff Post,where people argue amongst themselves, but not Amazon, its like discussing politics or religion at a dinner party where one does not know the hosts. A thing best not done. So if you have to write in anger, then please respond to my post and attack me for saying this, but leave it off Amazon because it makes her look bad and she isnt.
Your post concludes that there is a direct link between the posters here and on Amazon, not to swift of a post chico.

January 30th, 2010, 4:36 pm #6

No one said there wasn't. Unlike you, people on here don't run and hide like a COWARD such as yourself.
My goodness, I thought the next time we heard from you it would be with your documentation on Dennis Davern!
I assume you have taken time out from your "activities" to post your nonsense once again?
You really are the most trite and trivial of humans. These traits usually compliment bigotry and cowardice perfectly.

January 30th, 2010, 5:34 pm #7

Yen, Prince(ss) suffers a disorder. These kind of people can't help themselves. They need to be a part every conversation, everywhere. It was my point exactly that no matter what topic we will engage in, in comes someone like Prince. She has lost her buddy Sunnflower here and probably feels all alone. Hartbeat tired of us, too, and probably goes on loving RJ while refusing to address any fact about this case. It's just easier for these kind of people to blame the messenger.

Sunnflower fools no one. She's at the Amazon page every time someone has a negative opinion of the book, finding comfort in that low percentage of fools. They all fail to see that the negative opinions are outweighed, at least 5 to 1. That's because, thank goodness, most people do have common sense. At least we can find some comfort in that fact. The rest of us put up with these small-minded freaks who won't leave us alone. We do it for Natalie. We do it for justice. It's the right thing to do.

January 30th, 2010, 5:36 pm #8

To Anonforever,
FYI: It is Sunnflower, the loner fool looking for love in all the wrong places, who took this to Amazon, not us. There she found a handful of people to get into bed with. Most of us are far beyond your assumption.

January 30th, 2010, 5:50 pm #9

I agree with Daisy and Jay. What other book in recent memory has been so controversial as GNGS? Controversy evokes strong feelings. It is against every instinct in one's body to remain mute and allow false and inaccurate statements to stand, unrebutted. I disagree that people have a right to say whatever they want because they paid money for their copy of the book, and not be corrected on the record for outright lies.

Freedom of speech goes both ways. Why does Amazon have the comment option if no one is supposed to comment on a reviewer's review? Is it to weed out "cultist" books and authors? Ridiculous. Further, it is not their right to post on Amazon. Amazon's website is owned by Amazon, it is not owned by the public. Amazon has the right to control, censor and edit anything that is put on its website. When I read the comments on negative reviews, the commenters come across as articulate and rational, focusing on facts instead of lies and innuendo. To the contrary, it is the negative reviews that seem to be written by cult followers of Mr. Wagner. I do note that comments are presented not for all negative reviews, but only in response to those reviews that are based on falsehood and misinformation. What other true crime book is as controversial as GNGS, which would not elicit comments? And as Marti has stated many times herself, the book is not for Marti and Dennis, it is for Natalie.

The notion that it is the comments of others responding to hostile, vindictive and false reviews that may offend journalists and producers, instead of being offended by the uninformed and agenda-filled reviews of those who cannot distinguish a TV character from the human being playing him, is one that I cannot understand. What "looks funny" is not that GNGS has provoked very strong feelings that compel people to speak out -- what "looks funny" is the complete lack of investigation by those who were obligated to protect the public and who had the responsibility to uphold justice.

January 30th, 2010, 10:12 pm #10

No one said there wasn't. Unlike you, people on here don't run and hide like a COWARD such as yourself.
My goodness, I thought the next time we heard from you it would be with your documentation on Dennis Davern!
I assume you have taken time out from your "activities" to post your nonsense once again?
You really are the most trite and trivial of humans. These traits usually compliment bigotry and cowardice perfectly.
You're right Natashacourtney I did make that post between activities, I made it while I was on the can chico LOLOLOLOLOL

Confirmation of reply: