Anissa and high school

Anonymous
Anonymous

February 26th, 2009, 4:28 am #1

I read on Wikipedia that Anissa dropped out of Westchester High School, she enrolled in 1972 but when did she drop out and why? I thought she was an intelligent person (quoted from her friends), why would an intelligent girl full of potential like Anissa throw away her education?

Anonymous
Anonymous

February 26th, 2009, 7:49 am #2

First, I didn't know Anissa. So, you can take this with a grain of salt.

I've heard/read that she dropped out simply because of the people she was hanging with and their disinterest in school apparently rubbed off on her. In other words, she would rather get high than go to school. I also understand that she was supposed to graduate with her class in 1975 but she flunked. Being left behind didn't do much good for her motivation to continue on and try to graduate the following year.

I know what you're saying though. It's hard to see an intelligent person with so much promise just give up on their education, but it happens.

Anonymous
Anonymous

February 26th, 2009, 5:44 pm #3

Her class would graduate in 1976.. A fact.
Your second hand news is not right

Anonymous
Anonymous

February 26th, 2009, 8:46 pm #4

First, I didn't know Anissa. So, you can take this with a grain of salt.

I've heard/read that she dropped out simply because of the people she was hanging with and their disinterest in school apparently rubbed off on her. In other words, she would rather get high than go to school. I also understand that she was supposed to graduate with her class in 1975 but she flunked. Being left behind didn't do much good for her motivation to continue on and try to graduate the following year.

I know what you're saying though. It's hard to see an intelligent person with so much promise just give up on their education, but it happens.
hey thanks for the info, yeah her class would've graduated in 1976 I believe, but i'm guessing you're probably on the right track when you say that she was influenced by her friends' boredom with school. i'm also guessing that Paul was a big influence on that too, considering he was very involved in drugs and probably didn't want to go to school, either.

February 27th, 2009, 8:29 am #5

I read on Wikipedia that Anissa dropped out of Westchester High School, she enrolled in 1972 but when did she drop out and why? I thought she was an intelligent person (quoted from her friends), why would an intelligent girl full of potential like Anissa throw away her education?
Anissa's first year at WHS was 1973/74.

Anonymous
Anonymous

February 27th, 2009, 9:23 am #6

Her class would graduate in 1976.. A fact.
Your second hand news is not right
I apologize. I think I confused things.

The second hand info was that she skipped a grade sometime in elementary school, putting her a grade ahead. So my thinking was if she flunked her senior year, she actually would've been back to where she started. Convoluted? Yes. Wrong? I guess so, unless the original source comes forward and explains himself.

I believe now that the truth was that she was in grave danger of flunking her senior year due to skipping school, missing assignments, etc. So rather than let them flunk her, she dropped out. Then, at her mother's urging, she attempted Del Rey Continuation.

Sorry 'bout that. Only human you know.

Anonymous
Anonymous

February 27th, 2009, 9:29 am #7

Anissa's first year at WHS was 1973/74.
If CA was like my home state back in the 70's, High School was 10th, 11th and 12th grades. Not like now where you start High School in 9th grade.

Just some info for our younger board members out there.

March 2nd, 2009, 9:17 am #8

Well, there are four year high schools in Westchester too. I went to St. Bernard HS, which is a four year HS, before transferring to WHS's 10th grade in 1973, which was the same class as Anissa. In fact, I still have the 1973/74 yearbook which has the only class picture of her at WHS.

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 2nd, 2009, 5:30 pm #9

It was a 3 year at the time.
There I gave information.

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 3rd, 2009, 1:44 am #10

Butt-Out...
What information?

I think we're aware that Westchester was a 3 year high school back then. Didn't Anissa go to Orville Wright Jr. High in 9th grade?

It'd be cool now if you shared how you knew Anissa and how close you two actually were and for what time period. You've hinted at being related to her Dad's side of the family. Care to expound on that? Are you still in touch with Elaine's kids? For those of us who don't know you, I can't see how answering the above questions are going to reveal too much or do you any harm.

For the other poster...
Was St. Bernards a private school? That might explain why they had a 4 year high school 35 years ago. Private schools kinda made up their own rules.