WOW

WOW

Anonymous
Anonymous

December 17th, 2006, 10:50 am #1

You People call yourselves fans.... All you do is beak beak beak never happy about anything. Support a team meaning the players that work hard every night not the BS owner the boys. Negative **** i here on this all the time. Its brutal and you need to figure it out

When was the last time any of these posts played this level hockey !!!!!!!!!!!!!1

The Pucks
The Pucks

December 17th, 2006, 4:04 pm #2

Most have it figures out, we no longer give a crap if this team stays or goes. Brodsky has screwed us so many times with his inept ownership on old buddies network that we dont care.

Whine all you want, blindly support, that is your right, but it is also our right to bitch, complain an be vocal about what we see, and what do we see? An idiot embarassing us.

Now go crawl back under your rock.

Cougar Guy
Cougar Guy

December 17th, 2006, 5:26 pm #3

You People call yourselves fans.... All you do is beak beak beak never happy about anything. Support a team meaning the players that work hard every night not the BS owner the boys. Negative **** i here on this all the time. Its brutal and you need to figure it out

When was the last time any of these posts played this level hockey !!!!!!!!!!!!!1
If you are, I'd really like to hear your arguments as to why this team continues to deserve a high level of support. I DON'T want to hear platitudes, I want legitimate reasons as to why you think there shoud be 5,000 people in that rink every night. I really am curious to find out why you think that level of support should be a given.

If you are not from Prince George, then I hate to say this, but you really are not in a position to come on here and speak down to people who have provided this team UNCONDITIONAL support for YEARS. What's the old saying about walking a mile in a man's shoes?

true fan
true fan

December 17th, 2006, 5:39 pm #4

You say unconditional support for years ... I DON'T THINK SO. Only when the team was actually winning did we get 5000+ fans. Wasn't Brodsky the owner then? Yup he was, and you still supported the team, BECAUSE they were winning.

You guys say you don't care if the team leaves or stays. I have a hard time believeing that. Pretty sure we are damn lucky to have a WHL team in our town ... how about thinking about that for once.

Why should you support your team? Well how about because these boys are 16-20 and need your support, or how about because you get to see talent that may go on to the NHL ( from other teams that come to play as well ). Isn't it neat to say oh I saw that guy play when he was in the dub?

Do you guys actually like hockey or just all the drama that comes with it?

Al
Al

December 17th, 2006, 8:02 pm #5

Couldn't agree more.

Nicole
Nicole

December 17th, 2006, 8:16 pm #6

You say unconditional support for years ... I DON'T THINK SO. Only when the team was actually winning did we get 5000+ fans. Wasn't Brodsky the owner then? Yup he was, and you still supported the team, BECAUSE they were winning.

You guys say you don't care if the team leaves or stays. I have a hard time believeing that. Pretty sure we are damn lucky to have a WHL team in our town ... how about thinking about that for once.

Why should you support your team? Well how about because these boys are 16-20 and need your support, or how about because you get to see talent that may go on to the NHL ( from other teams that come to play as well ). Isn't it neat to say oh I saw that guy play when he was in the dub?

Winning isn't the only thing that matters to fans. Things are bound to go wrong, and that isn't what bothers most Cougar fans. What bothers the majority of us is how the ownership group handles the situations that the team is put in. For years they have gone by the claim that they were "rebuilding" and for a while everyone had blindly accepted that that's why we have no banner. And let's face it, junior hockey goes in cycles so rebuilding years are to be expected. This season we had a decently high rated team, and it's still the same old BS coming out of the ownership as to why it isn't working. Now that finally most people have realized we are being screwed, people are going to be very highly opinionated. Yeah, it's great that we have a WHL team and we can see some of the future NHLers, but somehow that still doesn't make me feel lucky and obligated to shell out money every game night.

We have players here that do not want to be here. That's obvious when you are watching the games, there is no heart from 90% of them. Some even think and have literally said that Prince George is a black hole. No player in their right mind would ever want to come here and get sucked into the Brodsky circus. When things like that are going on, no one is going to want to come to see games where the players don't even want to play. Those 16-20 year old players do need our support, but when we continue to watch a team of individuals who don't seem to understand the logic behind the word team, and players who would rather be anywhere but here, that doesn't really encourage us to fill the building does it?

We do not have some obligation to put money into somebody's pocket when the product on the ice isn't what we want.

Cougar Guy
Cougar Guy

December 17th, 2006, 10:03 pm #7

The bottom line is that the people of PG have NO obligation to support this team. Let me repeat, the people of PG have NO obligation to support this team. That support has to be EARNED. Let me repeat, that support has to be EARNED.

One of the major reasons that the franchise is in this mess in the first place is because they have taken the fan support for granted. They should've clued in back in the 01-02 season as to what was going on, but instead, they did nothing. They STILL haven't reacted to what is wrong and we're 6 years down the road from when it all started unraveling! Truth be told, it's gotten WORSE in those 6 years, with absolute turmoil in the coaching department, questionable scouting decisions, placing the son in law into one of the KEY positions for the entire organization and 3 straight years of lackluster boring hockey and playoff abscences. The ONLY positive in that stretch of time was last season when Vandekamp took an average team into the playoffs and at least delivered a hard working on-ice product. We all know how that effort was rewarded.

Most hockey fans in this town have given this group at least 2-3 years to earn their long-term support. Many people have given them 4-6 years. There are also a couple of thousand who have given them 10+ YEARS to earn that support. Guess what? That "automatic support" clock eventually runs out and if Cougar management can't figure that out, I'm sure as hell not going to waste my time and money "clinging on" to something that could be great, but will likely continue to stink.

Simply my opinion and based on the attendance woes, that's the opinion of the majority as well. Yeah it sucks, but life in Prince George will go on, even if Brodsky takes his circus elsewhere.

johnson
johnson

December 18th, 2006, 5:29 am #8

when was it actully that the cougars had a winning season?since they have been here,the best they have every finished is 2nd,and i believe that was behind the blazers,so if you call fighting for last spot a winning season,then you must be related to the brodsky circus

true fan
true fan

December 18th, 2006, 6:09 am #9

I would call finishing 2nd a winning season for sure.

As well ... after the playoffs in 97, it was hard to get tickets the following year.

What about 2000? Had a pretty a good team that year, owned by the same owner, and got tons of fans.

Anytime your team is doing good, the fans seam to come. I believe that through good or bad you should support.

The Pucks
The Pucks

December 18th, 2006, 6:13 am #10

a couple of instances in 10 years, what about all the other times?

Fact is Brodsky is an idiot, the only thing he knows how to do is milk money from desperate hockey fans.