WOW

true fan
true fan

December 22nd, 2006, 6:13 am #31

the next time you are in the cougar dressing room you tell me what the problem is ..............up to then you are only guessing from the numbers
What a delight to see another " true fan "

true fan
true fan

December 22nd, 2006, 6:18 am #32

is that you seem to think that "trying to win" is the same as "understanding HOW to win". You, I, or anyone can TRY to do open heart surgery. Would you be successful? You must understand HOW to do that procedure correctly; know and understand the steps to the process and what challenges lie in wait as you proceed. What are the absolutely critical processes you can not afford to miss?
Now, please understand, I am not professing that I know all the ins and outs of running a successful WHL franchise...that is not my job. What I do say often, is that this particular organization, from the top down, has not much more of an idea of how to build a truly successful WHL franchise either. What pisses me and MANY others off is that this IS their job. If you or I perfomed in our businesses/jobs to this level, would you/I still be in business? It is not rocket science, or open heart surgery; it is a franchise and there is a reason they call it that. (Look up the definition if you need to). There is a very definitive pattern that SUCCESSFUL franchises follow over the years. From scouting, to PR, there are proven methods that will produce a cycle of success over time. This group's inability and unwillingness to learn these "great secrets" has labeled them completely incompetent as managers of this business. Understand, they are not completely alone here, but they sure are in a pretty "elite" group in terms of their "success".
YOU NEED TO CHANGE YOUR NAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

COOGSUPERFAN my arse

COOGSUPERFAN
COOGSUPERFAN

December 22nd, 2006, 6:21 am #33

havent answered the question, genius, a winning team brings in more people brings in more money to Brodski, so explain why hed cheap out and not do what he could to put a winner on the ice, it makes him more $$$$ to win
thats the part of the debate youve never answerd, and cant or wont because it doesnt jibe with your wining and biterness which you cant get past at all
not a person on here could run it better not cyr's old billet coogdupe
to a simple question. He doesn't know how to create a winner. He does not understand the "formula" that Red Deer, Calgary, Medicine Hat (in the last 6-7 years), Brandon, Vancouver, Kelowna, Portland (not in the last 5 years), and Everett have researced, understand, and implement on a VERY consistant basis. This is not a crime, but it does indicate an unwillingness/inability to learn how to do this task of building a successful WHL franchise. I believe many here think our city, that was voted to have the best fans 3 years in a row (if you consider that poll a credible source) when they didn't even win anything truly substantial, deserves better. A better attempt at hiring "PROVEN" hockey people (coaches, GM's, PR people, business managers), a better attempt to serve the community and give back (Community foundations - the Blazers have built up a foundation that gives back over 100,000/year to local sports organizations that will continue in perpetuity in the last 26 years, what has the Cougars done?) to the fans that supported this team through MANY rough years, and finally, a better attempt to build a great reputation so players and their families will embrace the opportunity to come to play major junior hockey in Prince George, BC; because they know they will learn about the game and business they have chosen to pursue with great vigour. Can anyone who objectively analyzes and researches what this team has done, is doing, and most probably, will continue to do under current ownership, come to the conclusion that this is where they want to send their child to play and learn hockey at the highest of levels? If you can answer yes...there are MANY who would disaggee. If you answer no...what should or can be done?

true fan
true fan

December 22nd, 2006, 6:22 am #34

havent answered the question, genius, a winning team brings in more people brings in more money to Brodski, so explain why hed cheap out and not do what he could to put a winner on the ice, it makes him more $$$$ to win
thats the part of the debate youve never answerd, and cant or wont because it doesnt jibe with your wining and biterness which you cant get past at all
I couldn't have said it better myself. I am so stumped on how these people call themselves fans? So you say you have supported the team for years ... mmmm maybe for a few years yep there was support. Does an average of 2300 people in a 6000 building spell support to you ... heck no it sure does not. All you people say is that these boys don't want to play because of management. Why wouldn't you think it was because their own town doesn't even support them. Have any of you sat down with these players to see if that was the cause?

Cougar Guy
Cougar Guy

December 22nd, 2006, 6:40 am #35

why he wouldn't do what it takes to put a winner on the ice. I don't know Rick Brodsky, I don't know what goes on inside his head and quite honestly, I don't really care what he thinks. In reality, maybe he has done everything he can to put a winner on the ice. Even if he has, the fact remains that this franchise has a history of losing. You can't get around that no matter how you want to spin it.

Some franchises win consistantly, some don't. That's life and simple logic would dictate that there are reasons why it happens. It's up to the franchise owner to figure out why that is and to run their operation accordingly. It doesn't take a rocket scientist or even a particularily wise bussinessman to realize that if you continue to put out a product that people won't purchase, that eventually your business may fail.

The people of Prince George can't manage the Prince George Cougars, only Rick Brodsky and the people he has assembled can do that. What the people of Prince George can do (by virtue of their support) is provide feedback to the Cougars in regards to whether they are accepting the product as it has been marketed to them. Obviously they did support the product at one point in time and obviously that support has decreased considerably over time. Again, it's up to the Cougars to figure out why that trend is occuring and to do something about it if they want to turn their business around. It's not the customers responsibility.

Anonymous
Anonymous

December 22nd, 2006, 6:45 am #36

to a simple question. He doesn't know how to create a winner. He does not understand the "formula" that Red Deer, Calgary, Medicine Hat (in the last 6-7 years), Brandon, Vancouver, Kelowna, Portland (not in the last 5 years), and Everett have researced, understand, and implement on a VERY consistant basis. This is not a crime, but it does indicate an unwillingness/inability to learn how to do this task of building a successful WHL franchise. I believe many here think our city, that was voted to have the best fans 3 years in a row (if you consider that poll a credible source) when they didn't even win anything truly substantial, deserves better. A better attempt at hiring "PROVEN" hockey people (coaches, GM's, PR people, business managers), a better attempt to serve the community and give back (Community foundations - the Blazers have built up a foundation that gives back over 100,000/year to local sports organizations that will continue in perpetuity in the last 26 years, what has the Cougars done?) to the fans that supported this team through MANY rough years, and finally, a better attempt to build a great reputation so players and their families will embrace the opportunity to come to play major junior hockey in Prince George, BC; because they know they will learn about the game and business they have chosen to pursue with great vigour. Can anyone who objectively analyzes and researches what this team has done, is doing, and most probably, will continue to do under current ownership, come to the conclusion that this is where they want to send their child to play and learn hockey at the highest of levels? If you can answer yes...there are MANY who would disaggee. If you answer no...what should or can be done?
Kelowna into it, kilss your argument. dig into that find out they have more family than the cats, and less hockey background, yet they won. they got breakes, like kobasue not wanting to play for dempsey

Anonymous
Anonymous

December 22nd, 2006, 6:54 am #37

why he wouldn't do what it takes to put a winner on the ice. I don't know Rick Brodsky, I don't know what goes on inside his head and quite honestly, I don't really care what he thinks. In reality, maybe he has done everything he can to put a winner on the ice. Even if he has, the fact remains that this franchise has a history of losing. You can't get around that no matter how you want to spin it.

Some franchises win consistantly, some don't. That's life and simple logic would dictate that there are reasons why it happens. It's up to the franchise owner to figure out why that is and to run their operation accordingly. It doesn't take a rocket scientist or even a particularily wise bussinessman to realize that if you continue to put out a product that people won't purchase, that eventually your business may fail.

The people of Prince George can't manage the Prince George Cougars, only Rick Brodsky and the people he has assembled can do that. What the people of Prince George can do (by virtue of their support) is provide feedback to the Cougars in regards to whether they are accepting the product as it has been marketed to them. Obviously they did support the product at one point in time and obviously that support has decreased considerably over time. Again, it's up to the Cougars to figure out why that trend is occuring and to do something about it if they want to turn their business around. It's not the customers responsibility.
you cant answer it, why he wouldnt want to win to draw peeple.
so maybe rather than being a jerk and spouting off, look at why it took the hat so long to win and how they were so bad for so long with the same people running things then got some breaks and they wasted bowmeester he never played a playoff game not one
the bantam draft is not all skill there is some luck involved
yes the cougs suck in the euro draft and i always see the team admitting it
look at why it took kelowna so long fans screamed at that owner too and now hes aparently smart, i wonder if peeple in rd deer are bashing sutter or the mj coach who wnet to the final last year and now is in last and dont forget don hay mised the playoffs when he was coach and gm in tri, man he mustv been dumb then huh now hes smart

bottom line its a good league and to say the people running the cougs are useless is not showing respect to the others in the leagu either makes it sound like its easy to beat the cougs but this team gets 30 wins most years which is more than respectable but not a banner true but its not like saskatoon three years ago either or pr albert where they reely stunk it out, this team here has been battling for the playoffs every year right to the end even when they missed
thats what this team has to do is really suck one year dump all the old guys and build, brodski did it in the first few years here and built that miracle team that butler couldnt coach in the regular season all the best players on that team came from brodski not polonitch

Anonymous
Anonymous

December 22nd, 2006, 6:59 am #38

you dont know him and care what he thinks? yet you rant and think hes an idiot?
Man, you are lost and you are not ever going to be part of the solution, time to stop being bitter

Anonymous
Anonymous

December 22nd, 2006, 7:04 am #39

is that you seem to think that "trying to win" is the same as "understanding HOW to win". You, I, or anyone can TRY to do open heart surgery. Would you be successful? You must understand HOW to do that procedure correctly; know and understand the steps to the process and what challenges lie in wait as you proceed. What are the absolutely critical processes you can not afford to miss?
Now, please understand, I am not professing that I know all the ins and outs of running a successful WHL franchise...that is not my job. What I do say often, is that this particular organization, from the top down, has not much more of an idea of how to build a truly successful WHL franchise either. What pisses me and MANY others off is that this IS their job. If you or I perfomed in our businesses/jobs to this level, would you/I still be in business? It is not rocket science, or open heart surgery; it is a franchise and there is a reason they call it that. (Look up the definition if you need to). There is a very definitive pattern that SUCCESSFUL franchises follow over the years. From scouting, to PR, there are proven methods that will produce a cycle of success over time. This group's inability and unwillingness to learn these "great secrets" has labeled them completely incompetent as managers of this business. Understand, they are not completely alone here, but they sure are in a pretty "elite" group in terms of their "success".
what is success
made lots of money, got the city a rink, put lots of players in the NHL and pros, hardly been an embarasment, usually competetive, not an easy two points for a long time, beat the good teams from time to time even in bad years, got lots of notice for this city elsewher, pay there bills
a banner would be a great bonus, but you make it sound like these peeple cant tie there shoes or count money or figure out which key to open the office door
get over yoruself try enjoying seeing the great players on both teams and hey the canucks first rounder is coming to town next week isnt he? yah you might see that where dumpsey is now at the coliseam or not at all if peeple like you run the team out of town

COOGSUPERFAN
COOGSUPERFAN

December 22nd, 2006, 7:17 am #40

Kelowna into it, kilss your argument. dig into that find out they have more family than the cats, and less hockey background, yet they won. they got breakes, like kobasue not wanting to play for dempsey
You're correct of course. They got their first "break" when they hired a "proven" winner of a coach in Habsheid after years of losing seasons. How did they accomplish this task...guess what? It cost them quite a bit of money. Then they got another "break" when they kept Habshied for more than a season or two, despite non-stelar, but positive records. More "breaks" ensued when players heard about the atmosphere and no nonsense approach to hockey the team started taking around this time and began to report without question. Another "break" came when "special" players started "asking" to go to Kelowna if there was a chance. Yet more "breaks" fall into their laps as they return real dollars to the community, especially "gobs" to minor hockey. Their latest "break" has just come as they "gutted" the team this year and went REALLY, REALLY young. Now they are the least experienced (or close to it) team in the Dub and are truly rebuilding...something virtually BEGGED for on this board and in this knowledgeable hockey city for YEARS. But no, Rick knows PG better than anyone. No need to re-build the way virtually EVERY winner has done in the last decade plus, he'll find a new, better way. Sorry, just don't see it happening. However, make no mistake here, I'll ALWAYS be there cheering on the players, wishing all the best and all the "breaks" in the world. Just because I disaggree with so many of the business moves this organizaion has made over the last 12 years or so, doesn't mean I won't still "pony up", hand over my money, and watch the best level of hockey this town will ever see!! Unfortunately for many, free speech allows anyone to voice an opinion on virtually any topic. It's been proven, being proven, and will be proven that hockey fans are, at the very least, very opinionated. GOOOOOO COOOOOOOOOOGS!!!