WOW

finrank
finrank

December 21st, 2006, 8:17 pm #21

I have supported the Brodsky hockey regime since 1977 when
Nate Brodsky bought the blades from Jim Piggott.............In that time I have been entertained with some of the finest hockey played at this level...........The only time I wasn't satisfied in that time was the Everett game that wasn't completed...............Win or lose the game is only played on the ice.............Diapointment is when your team finishes in first place and goes out in the first round in 4 staight..........Ask any fan from Kamploops how that feels.............If we the spectator want a winner we have to go into the stands and make that goal happen..........That is done the same way as when I first came here nine years ago when hockey fans here were good for one goal a game...........You want a winner go to the game and show them you want one..........They will respond.........If not you get to watch Coltin Gillies who wouldn't come here play in the world Juniors at xmas time..............complain all you want .....the game is only played on ice

Cougar Guy
Cougar Guy

December 22nd, 2006, 1:08 am #22

believe there is no correlation between an effectively run organization and the "on-ice" results? Is it just pure fluke that some teams seem to have a higher level of success than other teams?

finrank
finrank

December 22nd, 2006, 1:22 am #23

the next time you are in the cougar dressing room you tell me what the problem is ..............up to then you are only guessing from the numbers

The Pucks
The Pucks

December 22nd, 2006, 1:23 am #24

I have supported the Brodsky hockey regime since 1977 when
Nate Brodsky bought the blades from Jim Piggott.............In that time I have been entertained with some of the finest hockey played at this level...........The only time I wasn't satisfied in that time was the Everett game that wasn't completed...............Win or lose the game is only played on the ice.............Diapointment is when your team finishes in first place and goes out in the first round in 4 staight..........Ask any fan from Kamploops how that feels.............If we the spectator want a winner we have to go into the stands and make that goal happen..........That is done the same way as when I first came here nine years ago when hockey fans here were good for one goal a game...........You want a winner go to the game and show them you want one..........They will respond.........If not you get to watch Coltin Gillies who wouldn't come here play in the world Juniors at xmas time..............complain all you want .....the game is only played on ice
because if your patting Brodsky on the back you have incredible patience.

Anonymous
Anonymous

December 22nd, 2006, 1:31 am #25

believe there is no correlation between an effectively run organization and the "on-ice" results? Is it just pure fluke that some teams seem to have a higher level of success than other teams?
so everything was perfect in red deer when they won, but it was totaly wrong last year when they missed the playoffs.
people just dont get that everyone is trying to win and that makes it a tough league that alone is worth watching the hockye
no one has the magic formla, no one is an idiot, teams need to get breaks and it takes patience
its amazing to me that people crap on brodsky but never give him credit for the cinderalla team he built or that he even moved the team here once and let us have a team, some of you give him no credit for that and wrongly think he ran the team into the ground in Vic, it was a mess when he got it and it took the city 15 yrs to build a new rink and realize the mistake
seriously, stop taking yourself so seriously and quit the bitterness you all sound like dumpsey

Cougar Guy
Cougar Guy

December 22nd, 2006, 1:58 am #26

let's take a look at Red Deer's recent track record:

2006-2007 season 20-11-3-3 (currently in progress)
2005-2006 season 26-40-1-5
2004-2005 season 36-26-6-4
2003-2004 season 35-22-10-5
2002-2003 season 50-17-3-2
2001-2002 season 46-18-7-1
2000-2001 season 54-12-3-3
1999-2000 season 32-31-9-0
1998-1999 season 34-32-5-1
1997-1998 season 27-36-5-4
1996-1997 season 43-25-3-1

Notice a trend there? If you can't spot it, let me help you . . . THEY HAVE A HISTORY OF WINNING

Take a look at the trend related to the results of the Prince George Cougars. If you can't figure it out, I'll help you again . . . WE HAVE A HISTORY OF LOSING.

"Teams need to get breaks" . . . ARE YOU KIDDING ME? What's next? "We have to work harder for our bounces", "A few goal posts here and there and we'd be in first place", "We have to work harder on doing the little things right" . . . LMAO. It's got NOTHING to do with "trying" to win, it's about ACTUALLY winning . . . plain and simple. Brodsky has never produced a winning tradtion with this franchise and that cannot be debated. Other people with other teams have produced winning traditions and that's why they have banners hanging in their buildings and we don't. It's not a fluke and it's not luck of the draw. It's a commitment to assembling the proper people to run the franchise and having a commitment to winning at ALL COSTS instead of winning ON MY TERMS (i.e. my first priority is employing my friends and family).

As much as I loved the "Cinderella Year", let's face the reality of that situation. It was a sub 0.500 team (again) that got hot in the playoffs and won TWO playoff rounds. If that's your "golden example" of playoff success, I hate to say it, but you are missing the point of what playoff success is. By all accounts that was a miraculous playoff run and incidentally I would agree with that. If we need a miracle to win two playoff rounds, I hate to say it, but we'll be needing divine intervention to win three or four, which incidentally is what it would take to get some sort of banner

Anonymous
Anonymous

December 22nd, 2006, 3:53 am #27

dont you get it?
you have to go threw awful yrs to be a top team and the cougars have never dumped it all to do that because supposed fans like you would never forgive them for it
you are a big part of the problem, demanding a winner, you apparetly think its easy and no one else is trying to win?
look at all the x-Cats in the nhl, and tell me this franchise has been embarasing.
you are not a fan you are a bandwagon squatter

Cougar Guy
Cougar Guy

December 22nd, 2006, 4:41 am #28

it's not that I don't think others are trying to win, it's that I don't think the Prince George Cougars are putting the same level of effort into winning.

Did you just move to Prince George or did you actually live through the YEARS when fans PLEADED and BEGGED for this team to do a LEGITIMATE rebuilding effort (knowing full well that losses would occur) so that we would have the hope of a winning team a couple of years down the road?

Here's a thought for you. Do you honestly think this current squad can compete with Vancouver, Everett or Kamloops in the Western Conference? Do you think that we actually have some valuable players on this team that could fetch a fair amount on the market? Now ask yourself, do you think that Brodsky and co will "blow up" the team and trade away our assets in the hopes of building a team for 2008-2009/2009-2010 or do you think they just want to keep the team together, sell the "the team will gel late and make a run" line and get a couple of home ice playoff dates so that they can squeek out a little more revenue this season?

LOL LOL LOL. The Cougars have never rebuilt because the fans would be mad. LOL LOL LOL. I've officially heard it all.

COOGSUPERFAN
COOGSUPERFAN

December 22nd, 2006, 5:18 am #29

so everything was perfect in red deer when they won, but it was totaly wrong last year when they missed the playoffs.
people just dont get that everyone is trying to win and that makes it a tough league that alone is worth watching the hockye
no one has the magic formla, no one is an idiot, teams need to get breaks and it takes patience
its amazing to me that people crap on brodsky but never give him credit for the cinderalla team he built or that he even moved the team here once and let us have a team, some of you give him no credit for that and wrongly think he ran the team into the ground in Vic, it was a mess when he got it and it took the city 15 yrs to build a new rink and realize the mistake
seriously, stop taking yourself so seriously and quit the bitterness you all sound like dumpsey
is that you seem to think that "trying to win" is the same as "understanding HOW to win". You, I, or anyone can TRY to do open heart surgery. Would you be successful? You must understand HOW to do that procedure correctly; know and understand the steps to the process and what challenges lie in wait as you proceed. What are the absolutely critical processes you can not afford to miss?
Now, please understand, I am not professing that I know all the ins and outs of running a successful WHL franchise...that is not my job. What I do say often, is that this particular organization, from the top down, has not much more of an idea of how to build a truly successful WHL franchise either. What pisses me and MANY others off is that this IS their job. If you or I perfomed in our businesses/jobs to this level, would you/I still be in business? It is not rocket science, or open heart surgery; it is a franchise and there is a reason they call it that. (Look up the definition if you need to). There is a very definitive pattern that SUCCESSFUL franchises follow over the years. From scouting, to PR, there are proven methods that will produce a cycle of success over time. This group's inability and unwillingness to learn these "great secrets" has labeled them completely incompetent as managers of this business. Understand, they are not completely alone here, but they sure are in a pretty "elite" group in terms of their "success".

Anonymous
Anonymous

December 22nd, 2006, 5:53 am #30

it's not that I don't think others are trying to win, it's that I don't think the Prince George Cougars are putting the same level of effort into winning.

Did you just move to Prince George or did you actually live through the YEARS when fans PLEADED and BEGGED for this team to do a LEGITIMATE rebuilding effort (knowing full well that losses would occur) so that we would have the hope of a winning team a couple of years down the road?

Here's a thought for you. Do you honestly think this current squad can compete with Vancouver, Everett or Kamloops in the Western Conference? Do you think that we actually have some valuable players on this team that could fetch a fair amount on the market? Now ask yourself, do you think that Brodsky and co will "blow up" the team and trade away our assets in the hopes of building a team for 2008-2009/2009-2010 or do you think they just want to keep the team together, sell the "the team will gel late and make a run" line and get a couple of home ice playoff dates so that they can squeek out a little more revenue this season?

LOL LOL LOL. The Cougars have never rebuilt because the fans would be mad. LOL LOL LOL. I've officially heard it all.

havent answered the question, genius, a winning team brings in more people brings in more money to Brodski, so explain why hed cheap out and not do what he could to put a winner on the ice, it makes him more $$$$ to win
thats the part of the debate youve never answerd, and cant or wont because it doesnt jibe with your wining and biterness which you cant get past at all
not a person on here could run it better not cyr's old billet coogdupe