Whats the scoop?

Whats the scoop?

Fred Smith
Fred Smith

October 29th, 2006, 5:03 am #1

Is the game a Fina? Or does the third get palyed at a late date?

pgcougarhockeycrazy007
pgcougarhockeycrazy007

October 29th, 2006, 5:20 am #2

It was so funny listening to everyone's lame ideas about what the rule actually was. I heard everything from we have to forefit because we are supposed to have ice to play on and obviously they couldn't.. to they are going to Kin 1.. to they'll play horizontally 3-3 in the cougars end with both nets on the side boards.. to a full team shootout.. My final question is what happens if I was to only buy tonights game and not the next one.. I get to watch 1 period and then what? They kick me out? How exactly is that going to work?

Cougar Guy
Cougar Guy

October 29th, 2006, 6:17 am #3

here, but I'm betting that if you saved your ticket stub and present it to Ticketmaster or the Cougars, that you will be given a ticket for the game in February so in effect you'll get to see 2 games for the price of one. Who knows though. I'm sure that the first thing they'll have to do is finalize how to make up the game. Second, they would have to figure out what to do with the tickets. I'm sure that the Cougars will NOT screw the fans over this. Every dealing I have had with Brandi has been pretty good and I'm sure that they'll come through in some manner.

Now for the City of PG, get your act together. That was embarassing, pathetic and ridiculous. The situation with the ice has been horrendous all year, DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

Oh and I should also add that despite the shots, I thought the game was actually pretty even through the 2 periods. I didn't think we looked out of place at all out there tonight.

Fatcat
Fatcat

October 29th, 2006, 6:46 pm #4

I was keeping a close eye on the shot clock in the 2nd period and there were three "shots" for sure that didn't get counted. What I count as a shot is a puck that would have gone into the net if the goalie hadn't been there to stop it. Now obviously the Cats were still being badly outshot, but as for carrying the play in the game, I think you have to give it to the Cougars. Great 2 man PK in the 2nd and they seem to have found effective ways throught the trap.

The ice CN Center has been the worst in the league for years now, not just this year. I don't know if it's a matter of hiring better people to make the ice or if the equipment just isn't adequate. Either way, something HAS to be done. Kudos to the fans last night for not even booing when the announcement came last night, I know I was really looking forward to the 3rd and was more than a little bit peeved about the whole thing. Anyway, I am also curious as to how exactly this will go down. I saw "The Center Of The Universe" Constantine on his cell after most had left, I could have sworn I could hear him saying, "Do you KNOW who I am?"

Sput
Sput

October 29th, 2006, 8:38 pm #5

Oct 28 2006

Cougars and Everett Postpone 3rd Period by PG Cougars
Due to unsafe ice conditions at the CN Centre on October 28, the Western Hockey League, the Prince George Cougars, and the Everett Silvertips have postponed the 3rd period of their October 28 game. Team records and statistics will not change until the game is completed.
The Western Hockey League, the Prince George Cougars, and the Everett Silvertips will be issuing a release early next week to confirm plans to complete the 3rd period.

The Cougars apologize for this major inconvenience and embarrassment. All questions, comments, and concerns regarding the ice conditions can be directed to Phil Beaulieu, CN Centre Manager, @ 561-7648.

Questions regarding tickets can be directed to Cougars Business Manager Brandi Brodsky after Wednesday October 31.

yuri
yuri

October 29th, 2006, 10:25 pm #6

2 words that this franchise must be getting used to.
Bush League!!!

Sput
Sput

October 29th, 2006, 10:59 pm #7

that the City decided to put such incompetant people in charge of the ice. The Cougars have NOTHING to do with the conditions, as that is entirely the responsability of the City of PG.

Cougar Guy
Cougar Guy

October 29th, 2006, 11:08 pm #8

Last time I checked, the Cougars didn't own the building, nor do they have any control over what the heck they do at CN Centre. I'll be as critical of the Coogs as the next guy, but this debacle was completely out of their control.

yuri
yuri

November 2nd, 2006, 12:28 am #9

but it's called guilt by association.