the three stooges.......

the three stooges.......

January 22nd, 2006, 7:28 pm #1

bristo, sprauge, sinclair. I think my grandma knows more about hockey than these guy's.

January 22nd, 2006, 7:49 pm #2

I'd like to see you or your grandma get out on the radio and support this team as much as those three do every damn game night, they take the time to support the team and do play by play and colour for those who want to hear all about the game as well as watch it. No, they may not be extreme all the way live for hockey fans but they're sport castors and they have to know about hockey, it's their job...

January 22nd, 2006, 8:02 pm #3

and another note, maybe before you put someone down you should get the facts on how to spell their names anyway it's St. Clair and it's Bristowe and I'm pretty certain it's Sprague...might wanna do some research next time.

jam32
jam32

January 22nd, 2006, 8:39 pm #4

you spell their names their brutal. Bristowe isn't bad, but Sprague and St.Claire are F-ing brutal no other way to sugar coat it. I had to change the channel after the game last night because Sprague was going to make me vomit. He may be nice guy, and sure he may support the team and I know I couldn't do better, but PLEASE stop talking Trevor.

cougarman
cougarman

January 23rd, 2006, 6:21 am #5

I'd like to see you or your grandma get out on the radio and support this team as much as those three do every damn game night, they take the time to support the team and do play by play and colour for those who want to hear all about the game as well as watch it. No, they may not be extreme all the way live for hockey fans but they're sport castors and they have to know about hockey, it's their job...
those guys are brutal, compared to any other announcers I've heard in this country the way they talk about what happened and listening to them at road games, most of the time you can not even tell where the puck is who is on the ice and what the score is. And their comments after the game it is like they were watching a different game than everyone else.And I have supported this team since they moved here i can probobly count the games I've missed on my 10 fingers and I have also gone on many road trips to see them play, and i'm not attacking them as poeple, I'm sure they are great guys, they just stink at calling games and Bristowe has no hockey background same with St. clair, he is a stock car racing announcer, and Sprauge should Know a bit about hockey with his background but can't seem to put a cohearent sentence together when recapping the game.Not spelling their names correctly is heardly enough to say that I need to do a big study on them.My veiws on them are based on what they sound like and their and opinions as I am entitled to my opinion and still say they suck.

Fatcat
Fatcat

January 23rd, 2006, 6:31 pm #6

junior hockey, as a goalie. He's the best of the bunch but still hard to listen to at times. It seems we have had this talk many times but I completely agree with your views on Ron and Trevor. Trevor is just way too uncomfortable on the air, but Ron is the one that pisses me off. It seems he takes no time to prep for games by learning the players and by now you'd think he'd know the Cougars. I just can't believe it when I'm listening to a game at CN centre and Ron is clueless as to who's getting a penalty or what a call is when it seems very obvious to any knowledgeable fan. I agree with people who say that this is a direct reflection on the team and something should be done.

Mj12
Mj12

January 23rd, 2006, 7:41 pm #7

bristo, sprauge, sinclair. I think my grandma knows more about hockey than these guy's.
Hmm...... MAYBE we should spend our time NOT complaining about EVERYTHING THATS not up to are high standards remember people make mistakes! Maybe you should put all that energy on focusing on the boys play instead of getting pissed at all the little things that go wrong and that may not be up to par!!!

cougarman
cougarman

January 23rd, 2006, 8:25 pm #8

but i just had to voice my opinion, and I didn't expect to get a big serious reaction, I was more or less just making a joke, I am pretty happy with the way things are going with this team right now as I'm sure everyone else is also. There is not much we as fans can do about crapy annoncers so we may as well drop it.

Wow
Wow

January 23rd, 2006, 8:56 pm #9

Hmm...... MAYBE we should spend our time NOT complaining about EVERYTHING THATS not up to are high standards remember people make mistakes! Maybe you should put all that energy on focusing on the boys play instead of getting pissed at all the little things that go wrong and that may not be up to par!!!
I do not agree. The announcers represent the team. Even if they are not on the cats payroll. CKPG needs to take the concerns of the public seriously. Inferior on-air talent is very detrimental to both the team and the station. Ron has been there three years, if he can't improve, it is time to find a replacement. Trevor may need a course in Public speaking, toastmasters perhaps. Maybe its just time for the cats to think about going to the "other" station. They seem to have a station which is more in line with the target market the Cats should be going after. 25-45 year old men with money and an interest in sports. Basic principles of marketing that both CKPG and the Cats should think about.
I hear that UNBC will be offering a Masters in Business, maybe its is something to look into for the manangement of BOTH companies.

Cougar Guy
Cougar Guy

January 24th, 2006, 12:43 am #10

I think Brandi already has an MBA!

But yeah I agree, the announcers aren't great. Bristowe is okay IMHO. St. Claire is below average and Sprague is just plain terrible.