Tendies

Tendies

Bowzone.ca
Bowzone.ca

August 4th, 2010, 2:27 am #1

What tendies do we have in the system????

I see that alot of people on this board put their faith In Stremmel as being the man to Log a ton of Ice time.... I am not sold on the guy ... he was out for a long time last year due to a little bonk on the head ... so if he plays here this year(I am not convinced he will to be perfectly honest) and gets bonked again .. who else is in the Cougs system to Step up to the plate ...sort-to-speak?????

NoName
NoName

August 4th, 2010, 2:09 pm #2

It doesn't matter who is in the system because Dallas will find a way to screw it up. They had a great young prospect in Salmon and they screwed that up. Maybe Clark can phone up an old boss and see if he has a kid that would like to play or maybe Everett has a rental goalie you could use. I feel sorry for the kid they do pick up because if he has one hiccup in net, old Fatty Cakes will come stomping into the dressing room, step on Clarks toes and send the kid packing.

Eddy56
Eddy56

August 4th, 2010, 3:37 pm #3

I think the goalies will be Stremell and backup Steven Klein from saskatoon Blazers AAA miget

Bowzone.ca
Bowzone.ca

August 4th, 2010, 4:24 pm #4

It doesn't matter who is in the system because Dallas will find a way to screw it up. They had a great young prospect in Salmon and they screwed that up. Maybe Clark can phone up an old boss and see if he has a kid that would like to play or maybe Everett has a rental goalie you could use. I feel sorry for the kid they do pick up because if he has one hiccup in net, old Fatty Cakes will come stomping into the dressing room, step on Clarks toes and send the kid packing.

Salmon releived a couple years ago and did good ... the sun shines on every dogs ass once in a while .... truth be told over the long haul .. he wasnt all that great ..in fact average at best I would say ... I think Alex Wright was a better tendie than Salmon ...

so there was one anser of who else is in the system ... any others ... 007, Coogsuperfan, Pucks?

NoName
NoName

August 4th, 2010, 9:56 pm #5

He relieved a couple of years ago? He was backup to Priestner last year, had a stellar game against Tri in his first WHL game then again in a playoff game against Vancouver the year before as a 16 year old. As soon as the Cougs let him go, Seattle picked him up and in regular fashion, PG has to trade for Seattles leftovers! According to his stats since joining the Tbirds he has done quite well.
As usual, PG misses the chance to develop young talent and turn the Cougars into a contender. Instead they grasps at straws, pick up this leagues (and others) leftovers and continue their dominance over the basement of the league!
As for Wright, your comparing a 19 year old to a 17 year old with no junior experience. With Wright you have one year with him on the team and with a 17 year old you have four years if you DEVELOPE him properly!
A monkey could manage this team better than you know who!

pgcougarcrazy007
pgcougarcrazy007

August 4th, 2010, 11:20 pm #6

We sort of have our eggs in one basket counting on Stremmel. Even though we have nothing for 20 year olds.. I think Wright has a bad attitude and does more harm then good if we kept him to split half the year with one of our up and coming 16, 17 year old goalies. I totally agree that it would be nice to have Salmon.. but at the same time. You can say yeah Dallas is an idiot for trading him away.. Some players just need a change of scenery.. One could argue that we could of kept Salmon and watched him struggle (which he was towards the better part of most of the season with us)... or we could of let him go and get a new place.. a new fresh attitude and become a solid goalie. One could argue that we should of kept Ian Curtis here too.. As for someone other then Stremmel.. I don't think we have anyone who could replace Stremmel (or he would already be on the team). If we are forced to go with Wright because of lack of options, why not go with Jarus instead. I thought he was okay and I think he has a better attitude then Wright. Also I think that it obviously isn't ideal to have a 20 year old back up.. but since we really don't have a lot anyway in terms of valuable 20s.. maybe Jarus is a better plan. As a laugh.. it honestly wouldn't surprise me if we called up Danyluk for a month or two.. I mean its not like its the first time thats happened haha.

COOGSUPERFAN
COOGSUPERFAN

August 5th, 2010, 1:16 am #7

Salmon releived a couple years ago and did good ... the sun shines on every dogs ass once in a while .... truth be told over the long haul .. he wasnt all that great ..in fact average at best I would say ... I think Alex Wright was a better tendie than Salmon ...

so there was one anser of who else is in the system ... any others ... 007, Coogsuperfan, Pucks?
The couple of things I truly believe about our tendies are this...

1) It is absolutely Stremmel's starting job to lose. I thought he was easily above average on a truly sub-standard team and looked easily as good as a Myers or Cyr-type of years past before he got hurt.

2) The backup position is and will be completely up in the air this year and will not be determined until possibly AFTER camp is over. Not even going to guess on this one as it could be a complete newbie in this case.

I do feel we will have the best most solid tending we have had here in about 3 years and am quite happy about it. GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGS!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Pucks
The Pucks

August 5th, 2010, 2:41 am #8

Devon Fordyce -- Acquired: 2009 6th round bantam pick
Goaltender, 6'0", 160lb, 2010-11 age: 16
UFA Bisons (AMHL AAA midg.) n/a 4.33 5 8 .857
UFA Bisons (AMHL AAA midg. - PLF) n/a 1.35 0 1 .959
UFA Bisons (Macs midg. tourn.) 2 3.75 1 0 .868

Kyle Jahraus -- Acquired: trade with Seattle
Goaltender, 5'11", 160lb, 2010-11 age: 20
Prince George Cougars (WHL) 10 4.50 0 9 .871
Seattle Thunderbirds (WHL) 5 5.28 2 1 .850

Ryan Kellenberger -- Acquired: listed player
Goaltender, no ht/wt, 2010-11 age: 16
Don Mills (Ont.) Flyers (Ontario AAA midg.) no stats

Stephen Klein -- Acquired: listed player
Goaltender, 6'1", 155lb, 2010-11 age: 17
Saskatoon Blazers (SMHL AAA midg.) 25 3.69 13 10 .902
Saskatoon Blazers (SMHL AAA midg. - PLF) 2 3.04 0 2 .903
Saskatoon Blazers (Macs midg. tourn.) 2 5.00 0 2 .898

Tyler Santos -- Acquired: trade with Saskatoon
Goaltender, 5'11", 150lb, 2010-11 age: 16
Sherwood Park Kings (AMHL AAA midg.) n/a 3.67 5 8 .892
Sherwood Park Kings (AMHL AAA midg. - PLF) n/a 4.94 0 1 .821

Brett Zarowny -- Acquired: 2010 3rd round bantam pick
Goaltender, 6'1", 165lb, 2010-11 age: 15
Edmonton K of C Squires (AMBHL AAA bant.) n/a 3.33 10 7 .909

COUGAR EYE
COUGAR EYE

August 5th, 2010, 3:35 pm #9

As i have mentioned before, any good young goalie needs to play lots to develope. The goaltending position usually blooms late anyways, not teh place for a 16 year old. This applied sure narrows it down. If our defense is stronger this year the goalies, both, should show better results. We need to concentrate on play in our own end, make the first pass out of the zone a good one and it will take allot of presure of our backend and our goalies.

pgcougarcrazy007
pgcougarcrazy007

August 5th, 2010, 4:27 pm #10

Devon Fordyce -- Acquired: 2009 6th round bantam pick
Goaltender, 6'0", 160lb, 2010-11 age: 16
UFA Bisons (AMHL AAA midg.) n/a 4.33 5 8 .857
UFA Bisons (AMHL AAA midg. - PLF) n/a 1.35 0 1 .959
UFA Bisons (Macs midg. tourn.) 2 3.75 1 0 .868

Kyle Jahraus -- Acquired: trade with Seattle
Goaltender, 5'11", 160lb, 2010-11 age: 20
Prince George Cougars (WHL) 10 4.50 0 9 .871
Seattle Thunderbirds (WHL) 5 5.28 2 1 .850

Ryan Kellenberger -- Acquired: listed player
Goaltender, no ht/wt, 2010-11 age: 16
Don Mills (Ont.) Flyers (Ontario AAA midg.) no stats

Stephen Klein -- Acquired: listed player
Goaltender, 6'1", 155lb, 2010-11 age: 17
Saskatoon Blazers (SMHL AAA midg.) 25 3.69 13 10 .902
Saskatoon Blazers (SMHL AAA midg. - PLF) 2 3.04 0 2 .903
Saskatoon Blazers (Macs midg. tourn.) 2 5.00 0 2 .898

Tyler Santos -- Acquired: trade with Saskatoon
Goaltender, 5'11", 150lb, 2010-11 age: 16
Sherwood Park Kings (AMHL AAA midg.) n/a 3.67 5 8 .892
Sherwood Park Kings (AMHL AAA midg. - PLF) n/a 4.94 0 1 .821

Brett Zarowny -- Acquired: 2010 3rd round bantam pick
Goaltender, 6'1", 165lb, 2010-11 age: 15
Edmonton K of C Squires (AMBHL AAA bant.) n/a 3.33 10 7 .909
So is Wright not even in our system then?