somethings never change

somethings never change

the bear
the bear

November 6th, 2008, 5:27 am #1

Quote it's a prime time this late in the game to give some other guys a chance on the powerplay but no p.g has it's #pp unit out there when the score is 6-1 says Kamloops announcer.

November 6th, 2008, 6:10 am #2

What did Shoeneck decide to sacrifice valuable playing time for the youngsters so the Cougars could make it 6-2 instead of 6-1?

That's twice now Coogssooperfan that the Blazers have spanked your boys. You guys seemed to of played your best, and it wasn't even close to being close enough. Sub par goaltending, terrible defence. Blazers offense was just waaaay too much for your boys to handle.

Better luck next time big mouth.

tombstone81
tombstone81

November 6th, 2008, 6:17 am #3

Time to fire these coaches. They clearly have no intention of developing young talent, despite all the garbage PG fans are fed every off-season about getting younger and "building for the future". It's no surprise whatsoever that no hockey parents want their youngsters sent to this abyss of misfortune and mismanagement. I agree with another poster from earlier who surmised that the only reason Schonek has hung around as long as he has is because he's Thompson's old buddy from Tri-Cities.

And I really don't see why fans are the least bit excited about this so called "undefeated on home ice" stat (even stretching it at that...a 6-5 SO loss is still a loss...especially when you were up 5-1 in the second period). The team has played no real talent on home ice with the exception of Prince Albert and Brandon. They squeaked by PA and lost to Brandon.

COOGSUPERFAN, your 20-games have been reached and the verdict is in. Another Cougar season of major suckage and piss-poor management. Look for another playoff season with PG hockey fans watching from the outside looking in...and a few more season ticket holders lost in the offseason. You'll be down to sitting with about 800 of your closest friends next year.

November 6th, 2008, 6:20 am #4

You're including them on your real talent list? lol please. Kamloops certainly belong on that list if the Raiders are.

tombstone81
tombstone81

November 6th, 2008, 6:54 am #5

Last I checked PA was at least around .500...so I guess you're right...by that criteria I would have to include the Blazers as "some talent" the Coogs have had to face on home ice. Still, let's face it, they haven't played much competition yet on home ice. Giants should blow them out of the water in both games of the upcoming double-header.

November 6th, 2008, 7:00 am #6

But unfortunatley are not being used properly. Not much common sense in management.

COOGSUPERFAN
COOGSUPERFAN

November 6th, 2008, 7:45 am #7

Quote it's a prime time this late in the game to give some other guys a chance on the powerplay but no p.g has it's #pp unit out there when the score is 6-1 says Kamloops announcer.
Chalk this one up to a pppk (piss poor penalty kill ). Obviously we outplayed the Bloozers in every category except this obvious weakness...and they obviously ran into a hot tender too. I'm ok with it...as they will win 9 out of 10 games where they out shoot their opponents almost 2-1 and only allow a shot against total under 25. Too bad...guess they will have to beat them next time to even out the season series. Keep your heads up guys...a good showing despite the result. GOOOOOOOOO COOOOOOOOOOOGS!!!

NoName
NoName

November 6th, 2008, 7:49 am #8

The cougs had this game until sherger took a dumb ass 5 min penalty. I don't know what he was thinking, the cougs would have been going on the power play and he goes and jumps a guy. Stupid

November 6th, 2008, 2:53 pm #9

Good teams find ways to win when they are outplayed. The Cougars, as been shown, are not really a good hockey team. 45 shots mean dick all when most of them are just random shots from everywhere. There were only a few that were quality shots. If you think it's just goaltending that was the issue, you're dreaming. 4 for 4 on the PP. Hmmm, there's one, not to mention that the Blazers have the kind of offense that the Cougars simply do not. You guys have 2 guys that can put the puck in the net. We got 5 guys with 20 or more points, and 3 more who are almost at 20. You guys simply have zero depth. You were beaten by a superior team. Not to mention your teams is pathetic on the road. You simply do not match up well against the Blazers. 2 spankings to 1 this year so far.

smileyjones
smileyjones

November 6th, 2008, 3:15 pm #10

But unfortunatley are not being used properly. Not much common sense in management.

That was no 6-1 game. Armstrong was gawd awful. He couldn't have stopped a beachball with knife.

I think that is the worst goaltending I've ever seen at this level. On top of the 6 goals, there were at least three posts and in the third he takes a routine wrist shot from the faceoff circle and backs all the way into the net. Thankfully the referee had blown the whistle. The defense wasn't that bad they only gave up 22 shots.

Also, I'm all for standing up for your mates, but Scherger's penalty was retarded and an absolute momentum killer. Those two PPG's were the TSN turning point. Kamloops woul've pulled it out anyway because Armstrong could only stop shots that hit him right in the logo.

I expect good games between these two as they are pretty well matched up, as long as Caliguiri is in net. They need to make that move now.

BTW...your defense was a bit of a disaster as well. 14-1 shots against to start the second? Nyren looks pretty good, what the hell happened to Rodgers?

Pissed me right off. Go watch a game on the road, and our goalie does look like he belongs in a bantam house league game.