same old same old !!

same old same old !!

November 4th, 2006, 5:39 am #1

I currently live in Victoria and everyone here says the reason that the cougars left here was for the same reason the fans in pg are up in arms BRODSKI BRODSKI BRODSKI. he screwed the fans over her and doing the same there. Now part of the reason they left Victoria was because of the old arena we had. Now I have been a cougars fan since day one in Prince George and was a season ticket holder for six years, still listen to most games on thr internet (which is painfull thanxs Sinclair). Anyway hope Brodski will sell to someone local and the PG cougars can become the pride of the city again.

Hoping in Edmonton
Hoping in Edmonton

November 4th, 2006, 6:41 pm #2

Prince George won't have to worry about Brodsky after this year. With Chilliwack filling in the B.C. Division, they'll go back to the old set-up of cross over playoffs with the U.S. Division and next season the Cougars will be playing out of Edmonton under a different name. No more long distance commuting for any team, and specifically the Cougars, so costs will be cut way down for everyone involved. I'm sure we can easily muster more fans than the pitiful turnouts in P.G., making the profit margin as good for Brodsky as he's got now. Yeah, I realize the guy is a business man and I got no problem with that if it means Major Junior Hockey in Edmonton. Besides, players may actually want to show up and play if the team is based out of Edmonton (eg. Tyler Swystun, who was college bound until P.G. dealt him away to the Tigers). I have no hard facts to base my opinion on, but it seems to make sense to me from all aspects. Less travel, easier scheduling, equal or greater profits, bigger fan base, better ice (!) you name it. The Oilers are looking to strike a deal similar to what the Hitmen and the Flames have in Calgary, so I bet they're supporting it too.
P.G. will go back to supporting a BCJHL team, as it should be, and everyone is happy. Sign me, Hoping in Edmonton!

Fatcat
Fatcat

November 4th, 2006, 7:04 pm #3

Not a chance. The Dub won't let Rick move the Cougars again. This market has proven to be a hotbed for major junior hockey and the league knows it. You are very obviously ignorant on this subject.

jam32
jam32

November 4th, 2006, 7:08 pm #4

Prince George won't have to worry about Brodsky after this year. With Chilliwack filling in the B.C. Division, they'll go back to the old set-up of cross over playoffs with the U.S. Division and next season the Cougars will be playing out of Edmonton under a different name. No more long distance commuting for any team, and specifically the Cougars, so costs will be cut way down for everyone involved. I'm sure we can easily muster more fans than the pitiful turnouts in P.G., making the profit margin as good for Brodsky as he's got now. Yeah, I realize the guy is a business man and I got no problem with that if it means Major Junior Hockey in Edmonton. Besides, players may actually want to show up and play if the team is based out of Edmonton (eg. Tyler Swystun, who was college bound until P.G. dealt him away to the Tigers). I have no hard facts to base my opinion on, but it seems to make sense to me from all aspects. Less travel, easier scheduling, equal or greater profits, bigger fan base, better ice (!) you name it. The Oilers are looking to strike a deal similar to what the Hitmen and the Flames have in Calgary, so I bet they're supporting it too.
P.G. will go back to supporting a BCJHL team, as it should be, and everyone is happy. Sign me, Hoping in Edmonton!
Edmonton has a expansion team

smileyjones
smileyjones

November 4th, 2006, 9:42 pm #5

Not to know that Edmonton has an exapnsion team, which was announced several months ago.

Why not pay attention to good news in your own city rather that piss off people somewhere else. Genius.

November 4th, 2006, 10:16 pm #6

You Cougar fans opened yourselves up to this by proclaiming MCup contention.

smileyjones
smileyjones

November 4th, 2006, 10:41 pm #7

You would've thought that after so many years and some talent we'd have something to look forward to.

And, its not just fans here as many of the "so-called" experts picked the Cougars to be in the top 4 or 5 teams in the league. Of course, there were a lot of "so-called" baseball experts that proclaimed the Cardinals would be lucky to win even one game against the Tigers, and we all know how that turned out.

I generally don't have problems with anyone's opinion, expcept now we've got some pinhead on here spouting off "Ha Ha, see you guys in Edmonton" - I mean really we may deserve to eat some crow but I'd prefer to take my lumps from someone who has a clue of what goes on in this league.

November 4th, 2006, 11:47 pm #8

Obviously that person lives under a rock, but I wasn't including you in the people who were on the Backdraft board running down the Blazers while trying to convince everyone on how great their team was even though there has been no indication in the past that they were going to amount to anything.

Its one thing to believe in your team, but its quite another to go on another teams board and run down their organization when you got more problems with your own.

Now, here is some actual hockey intellegence from myself.

A year was in no way anywhere near close to being fair for time to reshape an organization. Vandenkamp got screwed, plain and simple. The onus is on Brodsky and once again he failed to recognize what the teams needs really are.

Setoguchi, Hunter, Drazenovic are all talented guys, but in the past have shown they are more about playing for themselves than for each other.

Guys like Zimmer, Featherstone, Cooper etc were team guys and losing those 2 really hurt the Coogs as who is left to knock sense into the premadonna's?

They lost important leadership and firing the coach will not improve things until their is a culture change in that dressing room. Those kids seem as arrogant and selfish as guys like Upshall, Christensen, Brown all were. Its almost a carbon copy of what has gone on here the last 6 years.

You got solid young guys like Tyrell, Rai, etc to build off of and its important to make these guys the faces of the franchise and get rid of the dead weight.

Cougar fans have suffered a long time, and while the Blazers organization was ripped off by that bitch, I believe Brodsky has pretty much done the same in PG.

Change the culture and try something new other than firing the coaches and leaving the same incompetent bozos in place who are only there because they are family.

COOGSUPERFAN
COOGSUPERFAN

November 5th, 2006, 3:14 am #9

You Cougar fans opened yourselves up to this by proclaiming MCup contention.
you could find ANY posting here or otherwise saying the Coogs were going to be Memorial Cup contenders. Just another good example of your frequent inaccuracies and one of the reasons you so frequently get banned. Keep on "reading between the lines" Einstein.

COOGSUPERFAN
COOGSUPERFAN

November 5th, 2006, 3:24 am #10

Obviously that person lives under a rock, but I wasn't including you in the people who were on the Backdraft board running down the Blazers while trying to convince everyone on how great their team was even though there has been no indication in the past that they were going to amount to anything.

Its one thing to believe in your team, but its quite another to go on another teams board and run down their organization when you got more problems with your own.

Now, here is some actual hockey intellegence from myself.

A year was in no way anywhere near close to being fair for time to reshape an organization. Vandenkamp got screwed, plain and simple. The onus is on Brodsky and once again he failed to recognize what the teams needs really are.

Setoguchi, Hunter, Drazenovic are all talented guys, but in the past have shown they are more about playing for themselves than for each other.

Guys like Zimmer, Featherstone, Cooper etc were team guys and losing those 2 really hurt the Coogs as who is left to knock sense into the premadonna's?

They lost important leadership and firing the coach will not improve things until their is a culture change in that dressing room. Those kids seem as arrogant and selfish as guys like Upshall, Christensen, Brown all were. Its almost a carbon copy of what has gone on here the last 6 years.

You got solid young guys like Tyrell, Rai, etc to build off of and its important to make these guys the faces of the franchise and get rid of the dead weight.

Cougar fans have suffered a long time, and while the Blazers organization was ripped off by that bitch, I believe Brodsky has pretty much done the same in PG.

Change the culture and try something new other than firing the coaches and leaving the same incompetent bozos in place who are only there because they are family.
I have been, am, and always will be frequenting other board for my pre-game rants/raz fest. I firmly believe that's why CC "invented" the other site links. For what other reason would you give direct access to the other "loyal" fans of other Dub teams, than to participate in a little (or a lot) of good natured ribbing. Good natured being the key words here. Just because you good folk in the Loop seem unable to deal with the nature of some of our posts is your problem...so please "cry" less about it if you can. You on the other hand prefer to be liberal with the city and personal insults which is, again, why you end up banned a lot. Guess what? No one expects you to change, you've proven yourself to be pretty much incapable of that, so don't bother trying. I'm sure we can all have our laughs at your expense no matter WHAT you call our beloved city.