Pre game show

Pre game show

Dan
Dan

March 1st, 2008, 4:47 pm #1

I was listening to the pregame show and heard the coach talking. I found it interesting that he described last weeks game against Edmonton as: "we did our usual stand around and watch"

If this is the usual, then why as the coach is he not fixing it...

He also said that they play well when they compete.

Makes sense to me.

March 1st, 2008, 6:34 pm #2

What the coach said was fairly accurate for me...........In the Edmonton game they were standing around until a minute into the second period...........After that Edmonton got nothing..........unfortunately it 5-0 by then..........same as as Vancouver last night...........by the time the players realize the game has started they are down 3-0..........Perhaps we should go back to a 7:30 start and not tell them

Dan Stanyer
Dan Stanyer

March 1st, 2008, 6:53 pm #3

I would just like to know why Schoenek thinks that the cougars standing around and watching is 'the usual'

It is obvious anyone who watches the games that this is the usual way. I want to know what is being done to fix it.

It is not OK for a hockey player at this level to stand around and watch. I dont know who is more to blame... if it is the players, or the coaches, but enough is enough.

If a player gets caught standing there watching the play, they should get benched until they can figure out how to be more productive on the ice. And while they are on the bench the coach should be coaching them as to what they have done wrong.

The whole culture around this organization is that it is alright to fall far below one's potential. It is ok to lose. It is ok to have an empty building. It is ok to allow your family to run the organization into the ground. It is ok to be the place nobody wants to play. It is ok to... whatever...

I do not believe that any of this is OK.

IT NEEDS TO STOP.

If the coaches cant do anything to change 'the usual' then they should either quit or be fired. Same with management, same with ownership.

It would be one thing if this team appeared to be moving forward, getting better, but more than 60 games into the season there does not seem to be any improvement. Although I suppose they only gave up 38 shots last night instead of 50 so that is a small improvement...

Perhaps I will just have to fall in line with the rest of the city and just stop caring...

finrank
finrank

March 1st, 2008, 10:10 pm #4

They haven't matured to the point where you see an opening and shoot.............there is a hesitation, a thought process where they don't want to make a mistake.............maturity shortens the thought process............you do realize this is a very young team even 60 games into the year?..........next year with maturity they will make there choices quicker...........For what ever reason they play their game better on the road than they do at home.............My guess is they are afraid to make a mistake at home in front of the faithful

Teacher
Teacher

March 2nd, 2008, 5:37 am #5

If a performance like tonights 2-0 victory over the Giants....does not tell the people of PG that the team is headed in the right direction.....well,,,nothing will. What an awesome game to listen to and to beat the Giants!!!!...I mean Don Hay must be near a heart attack. I would not want to be on the Giants bus on the way home..ha ha ha

coldseats
coldseats

March 2nd, 2008, 6:13 am #6

Good game to watch tonight still lots of work to do win was mostly Cyr's and luck. Lets not get too excited about the win tonight but there is hope.

Cutter
Cutter

March 2nd, 2008, 7:59 pm #7

I agee that Cyr was good. But, I think that this win goes to the D. The shots on goal were not real indicitive of the game. The D did a great job of ensuring that Vancouver was forced to the outside for many of their shots. Also the big difference tonight was are defense was as physical if not more so that their forwards. I