pg future

pg future

yuri
yuri

March 20th, 2005, 3:44 pm #1

Well as an outsider here is my forecast for this franchise.
Attendance will take a big hit next year unless the team comes out of the gate damn strong. I really don't see this as I think your best players are turning 20 and I imagine if the NHL is back they will play at some level of pro hockey. I can't see this team being any better.
Add this to the fact that Kamloops and Kelowna are quite young and Vancouver will be OK aswell and one better hope Kootenay goes into the tank which is very possible due to their top players graduating.
As far as a coaching change I have some bad news. PG isn't the easiest place to recruit to due to geography. Way too many nights away from home especially family guys. Mr Brodsky was looking strictly at $$$$$ when he moved but hasn't proved to be a winner ever in this league. He didn't look at the difficulties of building a winner when he moved that team. If he did all I can think was that the fans of PG were desparate for entertainment and would support anything resembling the WHL product.
The only way this team will thrive in the future is with either moving to another city,(Victoria, Edmonton,Chilliwack, Winnipeg), or new local ownership. The latter would be my preference. If things didn't work out then, then there would be no hope and the people of PG would have to decide what type of franchise they want. A contender or a feeder team to their southern counterparts.

Just my thoughts

N.W. Bruin
N.W. Bruin

March 20th, 2005, 5:09 pm #2

Hopefully there is no big hit as they took a big one this year. They have to maintain the current numbers and grow on it without dropping further.

Optimistic
Optimistic

March 23rd, 2005, 6:33 am #3

Well as an outsider here is my forecast for this franchise.
Attendance will take a big hit next year unless the team comes out of the gate damn strong. I really don't see this as I think your best players are turning 20 and I imagine if the NHL is back they will play at some level of pro hockey. I can't see this team being any better.
Add this to the fact that Kamloops and Kelowna are quite young and Vancouver will be OK aswell and one better hope Kootenay goes into the tank which is very possible due to their top players graduating.
As far as a coaching change I have some bad news. PG isn't the easiest place to recruit to due to geography. Way too many nights away from home especially family guys. Mr Brodsky was looking strictly at $$$$$ when he moved but hasn't proved to be a winner ever in this league. He didn't look at the difficulties of building a winner when he moved that team. If he did all I can think was that the fans of PG were desparate for entertainment and would support anything resembling the WHL product.
The only way this team will thrive in the future is with either moving to another city,(Victoria, Edmonton,Chilliwack, Winnipeg), or new local ownership. The latter would be my preference. If things didn't work out then, then there would be no hope and the people of PG would have to decide what type of franchise they want. A contender or a feeder team to their southern counterparts.

Just my thoughts
If you honestly believe that the 20 year olds were the best players on this club, I need to ask what you've been drinking. Zalasky only came along at the end of the season, Trojovsky doesn't possess that much talent, which leaves us with Jelinik, who really could have used some help on his line. I don't think he was given a fair chance on the power play at all. Drazanovic became very individual after the prospects game, and Bubba didn't care whether the team won or lost. The team really missed the talents of Hunter after his injury and will be ready to have him back next season to raise the bar high for all teammates. Hunter is a true leader in this game. Don't think for a second that the young guys returning won't add some flare to this club. I say watch out BC division next season, the Cats will make the year an enjoyable one.