Not that this is something that will be . . .

Not that this is something that will be . . .

Cougar Guy
Cougar Guy

March 4th, 2006, 5:35 pm #1

discussed in the dressing room, but this years team is now GUARANTEED to be the FIRST Cougar team to finish with an above 0.500 record since the 2001-2002 season.

COOGSUPERFAN
COOGSUPERFAN

March 4th, 2006, 6:54 pm #2

and using only St Claire as a reference (probably a big mistake), did I hear that THIS Cougar team just tied a season record for wins last night? Doesn't seem right to me. Who cares? GOOOOOOOO COOOOOOOOOOGS!!

Cougar Guy
Cougar Guy

March 4th, 2006, 7:14 pm #3

St. Claire is wrong . . . again. We have had over 40 wins before, I'd have to double check the stats for the exact total and year. I believe is was in the 42-43 win neighbourhood.

SCB
SCB

March 4th, 2006, 7:52 pm #4

97-98 and 99-00 had 43 wins in both seasons

cougarman
cougarman

March 4th, 2006, 9:40 pm #5

and using only St Claire as a reference (probably a big mistake), did I hear that THIS Cougar team just tied a season record for wins last night? Doesn't seem right to me. Who cares? GOOOOOOOO COOOOOOOOOOGS!!
said the magic number is now 7 points. that not what a majic number is, does this guy know anything about hockey? Then he say's it didn't look like kamloops brought their a game, and that's a little dissapointing to everyone here. I don't know if he was being sarcastic but I don't think he was, what a morronic comment to say, if Kamloops doesn't bring their a game it for the better Ron. They got to get rid of this guy.

Cougar Guy
Cougar Guy

March 4th, 2006, 10:36 pm #6

and Sprague also made a beauty of a comment in the pre-game. I forget who he was talking about (I think either Featherstone or Orr), but he said "they have to get in the corners and get punished". No . . . that would be "they have to go in the corners and deliver punishment".

Perhaps a little nit picky, but when you hear stuff like this so often, you have to wonder if the guys even understand what they are saying.

Lissa19
Lissa19

March 4th, 2006, 11:41 pm #7

So for people that are numaricley challenged, such as myself, what is the magic number? St. Clair confused me past the point of confusion last night.

jam32
jam32

March 4th, 2006, 11:45 pm #8

is combined cougars wins and blazers losses. for example if the magic number is 4 and the cougars win tonight it will be 2. when this number gets to 0, then it is mathematically impossible for the blazers to make the playoffs.

Mr Peabody
Mr Peabody

March 5th, 2006, 1:15 am #9

for the team trailing in the standings, divide the number of remaining games by 2, then add 1

after that she is all over.

Kam, er I mean Scumloops, has 6 remaining divide by 2 add 1 we got us a 4 spot

Lissa19
Lissa19

March 5th, 2006, 6:36 am #10

well thanks for clearing that up for me :D