MATIN MARINCIN IS A COUGAR...

MATIN MARINCIN IS A COUGAR...

COOGSUPERFAN
COOGSUPERFAN

June 29th, 2010, 1:09 pm #1

Gonna dare to put myself out there yet again and say that THIS scouting staff has done it's homework and he will report and play for the Cougars...OR there is a quick trade coming up for a very significant player in return. Looking forward to seeing him in Red, White, and Black though. GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

PGC(ritic)
PGC(ritic)

June 29th, 2010, 1:56 pm #2

Read "The Pipeline Show" blog out of Edmonton and they believe Marincin will report and play in Prince George.
This is huge for the Cougars...the kid can play and fills a big hole at the 18yr old level.

COUGAR EYE
COUGAR EYE

June 29th, 2010, 3:46 pm #3

Gonna dare to put myself out there yet again and say that THIS scouting staff has done it's homework and he will report and play for the Cougars...OR there is a quick trade coming up for a very significant player in return. Looking forward to seeing him in Red, White, and Black though. GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Looks like the Cougars did get it right this time, hope he is all that is promising. He should help out a struggling defensive core and give some size to a much needed defensive game. Looks like we are in the midst of a real re-tooling season, hope all is what it seems. Can't wait for the season to start.

PGC(ritic)
PGC(ritic)

June 29th, 2010, 9:41 pm #4

Marincin is the real deal...
(lets hope he does not change his mind, although the Oilers
may get the Oil Kings to trade for his rights so he can play in their own backyard)

Torbohm and Bidlevksi have proven they are not good enough for this league, the jury is still out on Gibb and McDonald, but Forsberg should be better,( any rookies coming in should not be expected to contribute as much as Jesse last year and Clark cut Jesse's ice time as year wore on and Jesse suffered a season ending injury so depth and lack of size of previous draft picks and list defensemen will be a huge issue )

So in reality this teams defense has:

Marincin 18, Gibb 18, McDonald 18, Forsberg 17 -- a 19y old Bidlevksi and a 20yr old Torbohm who have proven they are not good enough to be shut down D in the WHL--
and a bunch of rookie draft picks, and list players, who either wont report(university), are too small, or just not good enough....

Marincin better be able to play 40 minutes a game or the Cougars better find some veteran WHL defenseman. If not the puck is never going to get out of our end except to be dropped at centre ice after a goal against.

COOGSSUPERFAN
COOGSSUPERFAN

July 2nd, 2010, 4:46 am #5

if the Coogs would play him 30+ minutes/game against some of the best offensive talent in the world. Part of the attraction of playing for the Cougars right now as a high end player is that you should get a tone of ice time in all critical situations...nothing wrong with that is there?

The Pucks
The Pucks

July 2nd, 2010, 12:00 pm #6

is having one of their top prospects playing for a coach who has never developed a decent NHL player in his 10 plus years coaching in the WHL.

Imagine what Tampa is thinking?

COOGSUPERFAN
COOGSUPERFAN

July 2nd, 2010, 2:47 pm #7

in one breath you praise organizations like Brandon and Calgary(the perennial contenders in their divivisions) for their continued high levels of competitiveness, in the next you give no credit to the head coach of those teams for developing really good hockey players. Calgary was a relatively new expansion team when Clark took them to the Memorial Cup in 4 seasons...going from scratch. While there was no real NHL stand outs on those teams...it obviously didn't stop him from developing good teams in the WHL. His one year in Brandon was very successful as he seemed to "bring together" a team that could not put it together the years before...no one else could at that point. (Tootoo and Fehr, I personally, would define as "decent" NHL'ers as well...so there goes your broad sweeping generalization). Personally, I would toss out the Bloozer years, as I am sure he has. That organization was/is in worse shape than the Cougars over the last decade and NOBODY (short of MAYBE Don Hay) was going to turn it around in that turbulent time. I mean c'mon...is it fair at ANY stretch to put much blame on him for the mess he inherited in the Loops? He gets to be the GM and Coach for the most "distressed" organization, possibly, in the CHL at that time...I think anyone in the hockey world could look back, in retrospect, and say it was a poor carreer decision just to go to that organization, at that time...that was his biggest mistake...much like Lambert coming here. His next real test will be to prove wrong some of the people here that seem to believe that this organization has little to no talent in it's younger ranks. He WILL have to prove here that he can develop player like Gibb, Forsberg, Forsgerg 2, Bourke, Smith, etc. Looking forward to him doing it...hope he does.

PS...if Edmonton or Tampa are "scared as hell", they would have done something about it by now. I guess we we see in the next couple of years if your crystal ball of doom is accurate or not.

July 2nd, 2010, 5:03 pm #8

Really? Dismiss 5 years in Kamloops? Why? Nobody could help the franchise, lmao what a clown you are. Clark was also GM, did you even happen to see the kind of deals that knucklehead made? You think the Cougars have been in a better position the last 10 years? You guys don't even have 1 ****ing banner hanging in your rafters.

You are really something else, you are by far one of the dumbest people I've ever had the misfortune of being in contact with. You know nothing about the game of hockey, and are nothing but a spineless little smart ass turd that I would absolutley LOVE to flush.

The Pucks
The Pucks

July 2nd, 2010, 10:17 pm #9

in one breath you praise organizations like Brandon and Calgary(the perennial contenders in their divivisions) for their continued high levels of competitiveness, in the next you give no credit to the head coach of those teams for developing really good hockey players. Calgary was a relatively new expansion team when Clark took them to the Memorial Cup in 4 seasons...going from scratch. While there was no real NHL stand outs on those teams...it obviously didn't stop him from developing good teams in the WHL. His one year in Brandon was very successful as he seemed to "bring together" a team that could not put it together the years before...no one else could at that point. (Tootoo and Fehr, I personally, would define as "decent" NHL'ers as well...so there goes your broad sweeping generalization). Personally, I would toss out the Bloozer years, as I am sure he has. That organization was/is in worse shape than the Cougars over the last decade and NOBODY (short of MAYBE Don Hay) was going to turn it around in that turbulent time. I mean c'mon...is it fair at ANY stretch to put much blame on him for the mess he inherited in the Loops? He gets to be the GM and Coach for the most "distressed" organization, possibly, in the CHL at that time...I think anyone in the hockey world could look back, in retrospect, and say it was a poor carreer decision just to go to that organization, at that time...that was his biggest mistake...much like Lambert coming here. His next real test will be to prove wrong some of the people here that seem to believe that this organization has little to no talent in it's younger ranks. He WILL have to prove here that he can develop player like Gibb, Forsberg, Forsgerg 2, Bourke, Smith, etc. Looking forward to him doing it...hope he does.

PS...if Edmonton or Tampa are "scared as hell", they would have done something about it by now. I guess we we see in the next couple of years if your crystal ball of doom is accurate or not.
Dean Clark has a horrid record when it comes to developing NHL players. Its a fact, plain and simple. If after all the years he has been in the WHL you have to try and hang your hat on Jordan Tootoo and Eric Fehr? Really? Thats the best you can come up with?

Tootoo, all 32 goals and 77 points in 355 games? A guy who played more WHL games under a different coach than he did under Clark? Eric Fehr? A player who also played more games under other WHL coaches than Clark? A guy who is 25 years old and only has 178 NHL games under his belt?

Yeah, thats the coach NHL teams want developing their prospects.

July 2nd, 2010, 10:38 pm #10

The kid was a huge sniper and should of been the next big thing, instead he spent much of the time acting like an idiot on the ice and didn't have any sort of mentoring or advice to put a sock in it. That falls on Deano.