Let's not forget

Let's not forget

In the Room
In the Room

February 1st, 2008, 10:16 pm #1

that the Cougars are a business,and Rick Brodsky could do one helluva lot better with fewer green seats. As well as employing friends and family, He is first and foremost trying to make money. The potential to make big dollars is huge. How much is his arch-rival Toigo making in Vancouver with over 10,000 fans and higher ticket pricing? At least He went out and hired the right people to run the show, the results are obvious. Not too many refuse to report there!!! The Dub is all about making money,the small market teams are definately at a disadvantage, and they will have to be more creative in their approach to every facet of the game.Brodsky tells everyone that his ultimate goal is the Mem cup, but so it is every other teams goal also, and not an easy thing to achieve. The revolving door of coaches does not help either, again for the most part past associates and wannabe coaches. He again gives high praise to Dallas Thompson, for what??? What has he really done?? His track record is brutal, both as coach and GM. No one else in the league could have such a dismal record and survive. A complete housecleaning,a bonafide G.M. and coaching staff would be a good start, but then again who could Brodsky get to work for him??? and that is another story in itself!!!

February 1st, 2008, 11:52 pm #2

Yup.

COOGSUPERFAN
COOGSUPERFAN

February 2nd, 2008, 7:06 pm #3

that the Cougars are a business,and Rick Brodsky could do one helluva lot better with fewer green seats. As well as employing friends and family, He is first and foremost trying to make money. The potential to make big dollars is huge. How much is his arch-rival Toigo making in Vancouver with over 10,000 fans and higher ticket pricing? At least He went out and hired the right people to run the show, the results are obvious. Not too many refuse to report there!!! The Dub is all about making money,the small market teams are definately at a disadvantage, and they will have to be more creative in their approach to every facet of the game.Brodsky tells everyone that his ultimate goal is the Mem cup, but so it is every other teams goal also, and not an easy thing to achieve. The revolving door of coaches does not help either, again for the most part past associates and wannabe coaches. He again gives high praise to Dallas Thompson, for what??? What has he really done?? His track record is brutal, both as coach and GM. No one else in the league could have such a dismal record and survive. A complete housecleaning,a bonafide G.M. and coaching staff would be a good start, but then again who could Brodsky get to work for him??? and that is another story in itself!!!
your original premise is not quite correct I believe. Rick Brodsky does not care that much if he makes a lot or ANY money here. He does not need it. He would rather involve, work with and provide for his family...THAT is his HIGHEST priority here. Deep down, can you really blame him? Who wouldn't want to have a situation where you can be around your family any time you choose, write if off as a business expense, and be involved in the greatest team sport in the world (and most Canadians biggest passion). This is a pretty attractive package. Compare that to just having a team as a business/money making machine. Of course he could make more money if he wanted by bringing in the best help money could buy BUT...what would his family do then? The end question has to be this: why change the situation the way it is. This business/hobby is no big money drain on his empire and it keeps him and his family in close contact and having a lot of fun. I think we will see this situation indefinitely no matter how pursuasive a debate ANYONE puts together.

finrank
finrank

February 2nd, 2008, 7:11 pm #4

He wants a memorial cup...........just like any owner in this league

February 3rd, 2008, 12:42 am #5

your original premise is not quite correct I believe. Rick Brodsky does not care that much if he makes a lot or ANY money here. He does not need it. He would rather involve, work with and provide for his family...THAT is his HIGHEST priority here. Deep down, can you really blame him? Who wouldn't want to have a situation where you can be around your family any time you choose, write if off as a business expense, and be involved in the greatest team sport in the world (and most Canadians biggest passion). This is a pretty attractive package. Compare that to just having a team as a business/money making machine. Of course he could make more money if he wanted by bringing in the best help money could buy BUT...what would his family do then? The end question has to be this: why change the situation the way it is. This business/hobby is no big money drain on his empire and it keeps him and his family in close contact and having a lot of fun. I think we will see this situation indefinitely no matter how pursuasive a debate ANYONE puts together.
if thats the way he want to run things, and is satisfied with being a low class team, why should we support him?

COOGSUPERFAN
COOGSUPERFAN

February 3rd, 2008, 12:55 am #6

You have answered it in your way, many of us have answered it in a more postitve way. Please don't point to all the green seats again as your support network, most of them are just bandwagoners who will only pay their hard earned dollars for a winner (as eviidenced in April), not simply for the "privaledge" of watching some of the best young hockey player in the entire world (even if most are on the other teams). Good hockey fans will support all the highest levels of hockey they can in their area you, self-purportedly, do neither. I can't figure out why you even bother. Why waste your time if you don't even believe in it enough to support the game at these levels? This must be the only place someone will look at what you have to say.

finrank
finrank

February 3rd, 2008, 6:14 am #7

if thats the way he want to run things, and is satisfied with being a low class team, why should we support him?
was the word WE a slip of the fingers..........I don't believe there is any we in your support.........would be interesting to hear what your take is on hockey instead of the Brodskys but, alas you have nothing to offer

The Pucks
The Pucks

February 3rd, 2008, 6:44 am #8

You have answered it in your way, many of us have answered it in a more postitve way. Please don't point to all the green seats again as your support network, most of them are just bandwagoners who will only pay their hard earned dollars for a winner (as eviidenced in April), not simply for the "privaledge" of watching some of the best young hockey player in the entire world (even if most are on the other teams). Good hockey fans will support all the highest levels of hockey they can in their area you, self-purportedly, do neither. I can't figure out why you even bother. Why waste your time if you don't even believe in it enough to support the game at these levels? This must be the only place someone will look at what you have to say.
how you look down upon people who choose to not attend Cougar games. Of course your better because you choose to blindly follow a less than mediocre franchise which could be so much better. This city deserves better treatment, the boys on the ice deserve better treatment, the fans deserve better treatment.

3-4 years ago the Cougars team had off-ice problems which would make the current Kamloops stories pale in comparison. It took people like myself to stand up and have voice, to demand better treatment for everybody involved.

If you choose to take the easy way out and claim you are superior because your a "super fan" good for you, but your attitude towards others who disagree with you is as arrogant as Brodsky is incompetant as an owner.

The Pucks
The Pucks

February 3rd, 2008, 6:50 am #9

was the word WE a slip of the fingers..........I don't believe there is any we in your support.........would be interesting to hear what your take is on hockey instead of the Brodskys but, alas you have nothing to offer
The Cougars have gone from the talk of the town to an after thought. I know many, many, many former season ticket holders who have left in disgust and embarresment from the way Brodsky has run this franchise.

We had our sections, we had our group of 35-40 season ticket holders who shared a section for many years, as of now, none of that group attends games. These are people who's lives revolved around the games. Now when you mention the Cougars to them they just smile and ask the last time anybody went to a game. These are people who none of us knew before we met at the games, people who we shared 40 plus nights a year out at the games, people who are now our freinds, but also people who gave up on this ownership. Funny thing is, they were right.

finrank
finrank

February 3rd, 2008, 8:34 am #10

I never sat in that section I guess..........The section I sit in don't talk like that