Is it time to look at some positives?

Is it time to look at some positives?

NoName
NoName

February 7th, 2009, 6:34 pm #1

The young Cougs have just matched last season's point total and passed last year's wins total.

They play a 16yr old, Connelly, and 2 18yrolds, Viedensky, Stansfield, on the first line
and last nights, second and third lines were composed, in part, by a 16yr old Bounossisi,
a 17yr old Ciolfi, and a 17yr old Maylan. Rounding out the young forwards are Tyrell 18,
and Regier 17,and dont forget Fraser a 16yr old who has had pk,pp and 1st line time.

On defense they have a 17yr old playing top 4 minutes ( Bidlevski), and when he got hurt
the coaches had the confidence to play their 6th D, 16yr old McDonald, in a regular shift
during the 2nd period when the game was 1-0.

IT IS TIME FOR PG HOCKEY FANS TO GET OVER THE PAST!!
When was the last time the Cougars won games they HAD to win?
When was the last time the goaltending and defense had back to
back 1 goal games in a clutch situation?

When will Prince George fans stop focusing on ownership and begin to see that the
GM and Coaching staff have put a team together that will only get better in the
last 17 games and into the next few years.

Think of how good this team could be with Flakke here next year, everyone else a year older,
2 still improving 20yr old defenseman ( due to the improved coaching) in Hobbs and
Jackson, and an offensively improving Halliday as the 20yr old forward to protect the youngsters.

Is it not possible for people in P.G. to stop seeing only the negative?
-thier hatred of the Owner and G.M.

and focus on the positives-
-young talent
-improving 19yr olds
-stellar 20yr old goaltending
-a front office which is reaching out to the commuity like never before
-a team that will actually make the playoffs even after losing, arguably one of
the best players in Jr Hockey Dana Tyrell.

For the sake of the players on the team, please, Prince George hockey fans, get out and support your team!

Teacher
Teacher

February 7th, 2009, 6:35 pm #2

message above was mine

COOGSUPERFAN
COOGSUPERFAN

February 7th, 2009, 11:49 pm #3

The young Cougs have just matched last season's point total and passed last year's wins total.

They play a 16yr old, Connelly, and 2 18yrolds, Viedensky, Stansfield, on the first line
and last nights, second and third lines were composed, in part, by a 16yr old Bounossisi,
a 17yr old Ciolfi, and a 17yr old Maylan. Rounding out the young forwards are Tyrell 18,
and Regier 17,and dont forget Fraser a 16yr old who has had pk,pp and 1st line time.

On defense they have a 17yr old playing top 4 minutes ( Bidlevski), and when he got hurt
the coaches had the confidence to play their 6th D, 16yr old McDonald, in a regular shift

When will Prince George fans stop focusing on ownership and begin to see that the

Think of how good this team could be with Flakke here next year, everyone else a year older,
2 still improving 20yr old defenseman ( due to the improved coaching) in Hobbs and
Jackson, and an offensively improving Halliday as the 20yr old forward to protect the youngsters.

-young talent
-improving 19yr olds

For the sake of the players on the team, please, Prince George hockey fans, get out and support your team!
remember...the vast majority of the good folk on this board have been around this organization a VERY long time and are completely justified in their constant berating, belittling, complaining, whining, and negative responses with regards to about 10 years of absolute futility here. Not only that, they have figuratively "taken it in the chops" many times from the likes of Mckinnon, Brodsky, Lubineki, Dallas, & Dempsey. They have seen many potentially bright stars (WHL scoring leader Redenbach, Filewich, Elliot, etc) run the other direction at the first possible opportunity because of a poor hockey atmosphere created right from the very top. They supported this team like no other has been supported for less reasons than others have. They are bitter, angry, unforgiving (for the most part at this point), spiteful, and have developed an amazing ability to see virtually no good through their Brodsky induced haze. The best thing Rick could do is completely forget about that batch and go after the new generation of fans that will come if they create and build a truly competitive, quality, and character filled (from top to bottom) hockey atmosphere in the great city of PG. There are other good fans and real characters (like the "psychos" that sit behind the visitors bench) out there if they can show them that they truly are making positive stride to the ultimate goal of a quality, respected organization. IF they can do something close to that, build a place where you and I would send their own son to learn about the greatest team sport on the planet, then many new fans will fill CN Center to the bulging, raucous, uncomfortable (for the opposition) building that it can be...not only that, the vast majority of the old cranky ones would return as well...such is the love and passion that this city will show for "Canada's game". UNTIL THIS HAPPENS THOUGH, do not expect the tone to change here that much. The best you can hope for is the dull quiet that always ensues after Cougar winning streaks (even against the "bottom feeders" below us in the standings. Anyways you can always count on COOGSUPERFAN to be here screeching...GOOOOOOOOOO COOOOOOOOOOOOOOGS!!!!

sweetums
sweetums

February 8th, 2009, 2:27 am #4

-young talent
-improving 19yr olds

We've seen and heard it all b4 and the b.s continues. This is truely the worst run franchise in the entire WHL and if I had a son I would never allow him to play for that organization. Lets face it the only reason they are outwardly trying is the league isn't willing to allow them to move, they've burn't too many bridges in the past. Rick is not well liked within the league and doesn't have any friends within the league executive. They the cougars have been told to clean up their act b4 the league will ever think of them moving. As for all the boys I applaude each and everyone of them for putting up with this organization!

COOGSUPERFAN
COOGSUPERFAN

February 8th, 2009, 2:58 am #5

the answer in a nutshell...quite sad, but entirely true. When you can answer, in the affirmative, that all important question for YOUR son then, and only then, will the very knowledgeable fans of PG fill that building again. Until then...GOOOOOOOOOOOO COOOOOOOOOOOOOOS!!!!

LMC
LMC

February 8th, 2009, 4:02 am #6

-young talent
-improving 19yr olds

But what are the posibilities if you added a Mark Habsheid into the equation. If in fact he is interested in being a part of this team why isn't Brodsky doing everything possible to get him. It's because he is just a big bag of BS, same old story every year, I want a winner, I want the Mem Cup, my construction company was family run. He can have his family run business with 2000 fans or I believe he could have the 5000 fans and crazy barn it used to be, that is totally his choice. I have watched the team since the beginning and have some very good memories, but sadly I have lost interest, not because of the players on the ice, but because I believe it could be better. "TIME TO GET OVER THE PAST", true, but I see the past in the future. same old same old...........

Teacher
Teacher

February 8th, 2009, 4:21 am #7

the answer in a nutshell...quite sad, but entirely true. When you can answer, in the affirmative, that all important question for YOUR son then, and only then, will the very knowledgeable fans of PG fill that building again. Until then...GOOOOOOOOOOOO COOOOOOOOOOOOOOS!!!!
Whether players will come to play in P.G. is the deciding factor
and fans should stay away because of past sins of the owner.

Well, let's analyze that...
-Connelly is here( oh yeah he had to be I guess being from P.G. )
-McDonald, Bounassisi, Fraser, Forsberg, Belter, Makin,
Kiziuk, Hirsche and Salmon ( I think)are all signed and or playing right now.
-Bidlevski seems to want to play for PG (since he came back),
as does Ciolfi, Maylin, Viedensky (it seems Flakke wants to be here),
-Cummings is still a part of the team even with limited ice time,
-Regier reported after a trade from one of the richest franchises in the league( Everett).

A lot of players, with the obvious support of thier families, over the last couple of years - 2006 and 2007 drafts and 2007,2008 trades -have come up TO the George to play for their hockey futures, and by extension, for the City's fans.

This group of players, THIS YEAR'S GROUP, is in the community regularly, they dont seem to be ever getting into any off ice trouble, and they are coming together as a team and look to have put a stranglehold on a playoff spot-

Is that not worth the support of the 'average' fan of the George?
A group of hard working young men who seem to put the team and city first?

goldfinger
goldfinger

February 8th, 2009, 4:55 am #8

Lets take a look at what you just said most youngsters just want to play hockey 1st and foremost and then reality or something takes place. Connelly was a 1st round choice and the cougars probably had a commitment from him prior or just after they took him and he probably got the full ride as far as the whl contracts go. Forsberg same as Connelly. McDonald buonassi fraser we're later picks who wanted to play and didn't see much other alternatives in their future at that time. Belter was not a drafted player. Kiziuk and Hirsche are not here yet. I'm not sure if Salmon is signed and who is makin. Flaake who knows we're just hearing the Cougars management side of the story but guess what he's not here either. Viendensky a great find is here but how many choices did he really have we don't know and he hasn't been here long enough to know better! Maylan asked for a trade out of Moose Jaw and he's soft as butter, when do you see him go into a corner 1st unless the guys smaller than him. How many other players are there who may have requested a trade but haven't done it publicly through the media. How do you know! How many players would love to jump from a this sinking ship? When you ask to be moved there's no guarantees where they may go. The teams own you don't forget it. Stay positive but get you're head out of the sand!!!!!

Teacher
Teacher

February 8th, 2009, 5:08 am #9

I guess it will play out over time.
I for one will continue to support the players on the team.

my one hope is that the team continues to develop as it seems to be
and these players are around to see the 'fans' of Prince George
in their full glory.
(oh yeah Belter is the 2nd pick from 2008.)

goldfinger
goldfinger

February 8th, 2009, 5:30 am #10

But what are the posibilities if you added a Mark Habsheid into the equation. If in fact he is interested in being a part of this team why isn't Brodsky doing everything possible to get him. It's because he is just a big bag of BS, same old story every year, I want a winner, I want the Mem Cup, my construction company was family run. He can have his family run business with 2000 fans or I believe he could have the 5000 fans and crazy barn it used to be, that is totally his choice. I have watched the team since the beginning and have some very good memories, but sadly I have lost interest, not because of the players on the ice, but because I believe it could be better. "TIME TO GET OVER THE PAST", true, but I see the past in the future. same old same old...........
Habschied may be interested but only on his terms. He's been out of work for sometime now I wonder why? Not really. Brodsky will never willingly hire anyone he can't control, It's all about control for Brodsky, another reason why they can't get quality people they want total control. Who wants to be someone's puppet when you're reputation is on the line. Another reason why they can't keep them. Yea Brodsky will talk the talk walk the walk but in the end it's the same old rethoric. They'll probably come back and say Klippenstein done a magnificent job and needs to be given the head coaching job or they'll find some miraculus cheap head coach from junior b or...........How can u trust Brodsky he talks out of both sides of his mouth and still never answers a direct question. Same old same old