IN THE "IMMORTAL" WORDS OF...

IN THE "IMMORTAL" WORDS OF...

COOGSUPERFAN
COOGSUPERFAN

December 3rd, 2009, 9:48 pm #1

Steven Tyler..."I'm baaaaaaack! I'm baaaaaaack in the saddle again!" Really missed you all Now...to business.
I see a light at the end of the tunnel ... and I don't think it is an oncoming express train either. After a tough eastern division roadtrip and playing some of the best teams in the WHL at home, the schedule appears as if it will lighten up a bit in December overall. I like the way the guys have been playing now for over a month. No significant wins to talk about but hanging in there with the "best" the league has to offer night after night is commendable in itself considering the physical obstacles this inexperienced team has had to overcome. Having Connolly back might make even more of an impact than many of us had hoped...here is hoping he stays healthy. Nice to see 4 lines on the ice regularly last night against a very experienced Calgary team. Connolly, Viedensky, and ... anyone give the best defensive pairings in the league fits night after night. Macdonald looked better than some(still haven't figured out why he isn't dressed EVERY night. Forsberg is getting even more confident as he learns just how dangerous a player he can be at this level. Still like the way Fraser plays and don't think he gets enough "higher end" players to play with...however, he is the kind of player that will EARN it with time. I like the direction this team is headed. Even if they finish last...who couldn't use another 1st overall at this stage (maybe another Forsberg)...they are competing well every game I've seen...refreshing to see.

tombstone81
tombstone81

December 3rd, 2009, 9:59 pm #2

The only direction I see is down the toilet. When you say they are "hanging" with the best the league has to offer...you seem to forget that they are only ever "hanging" for two periods of a 3-period contest. You do realize, COOGS, that the other teams are playing down to our level out of amusement and disinterest, only turning it on when absolutely necessary in the third period? Meantime our best talent (or lack thereof) is still helpless to come up with a win.

The only reason they kept it even remotely close with the Hitmen last night was because of three fluky goals that probably wouldn't turn on the red light again in a hundred attempts. So call it 6-2 Hitmen, realistically, and our continued pace towards a 60-loss season. But you keep liking that direction...and call me back to CN Centre when there's a product worth paying for!! I really am a hockey fan and look forward to watching the Giants play when I'm down in Vancouver. Be nice to be able to look forward to watching hockey in PG again one day.

bowzone.ca
bowzone.ca

December 4th, 2009, 12:38 am #3

Tomby .... your not a hockey fan ... your a wagon burner and nothing more .... if you a true hockey hockey fan you would watch the games at the CN center ... so what the home team loses ... the young talent that graces the ice of the multi plex is worth the price of admission

Canadian Chris
Canadian Chris

December 4th, 2009, 2:59 am #4

Absolutely it is! It's a pleasure to watch guys like Brett Connelly and Jesse Forsberg in Cougar uniforms. It's a pleasure watching guys like Brandon Kozun, Ryan Howse, Jordan Eberle and Brayden Schenn come through town. And on top of that, 2 of the last 3 games have been quite entertaining. Ultimately, it's everyones own choice whether they attend or not. But to me, being able to watch those guys come through town, and watch the talent on display, even when it's the other team, is worth the price of admission.

I don't think COUGS is way out to lunch here saying there is a light at the end of the tunnel either...is this team going to make the playoffs? Probably not, definitely would need a hell of a winning streak and some timely losing from the teams ahead of them. But, it seems to me there are improvements in different areas on most nights, and the mistakes that are being made are fixable with patience and a bit of time and experience.

The Pucks
The Pucks

December 4th, 2009, 3:01 am #5

Tomby .... your not a hockey fan ... your a wagon burner and nothing more .... if you a true hockey hockey fan you would watch the games at the CN center ... so what the home team loses ... the young talent that graces the ice of the multi plex is worth the price of admission
and looking at pictures of fans in the stands at recent games, I would tend to think that few agree with you.

pgcougarcrazy007
pgcougarcrazy007

December 4th, 2009, 4:41 am #6

Please tell me something new! There are few people going to the games. Holy Sh!t when did that start happening? WE GET IT. You hate the Cougars and Brodsky, Fat Dallas, and everyone else is a joke. We heard you the first 40000000000000000000000000000000 times. Go away.

tombstone81
tombstone81

December 4th, 2009, 7:29 am #7

You keep telling the likes of us jaded fans to "go away"...but if it wasn't for us this place would be a ghost town!! Practically is already...I mean what the hell is there to talk about when a team has four wins in half a season? The only time there's any action in this forum is when one of us realists stops by to remind you kool-aid drinkers that this franchise is going nowhere fast...and then there is a string of y'all getting bent out of shape which generally disintegrates into childish name calling.

It's laughable when a fan says "we PROBABLY won't make the playoffs"....uhhhhhh, ya think!? But you keep dreamin' about the Cougars' future hopes my friends...maybe one day you too can pay a Norweigan supermodel $60-million if she'll agree to keep spanking your monkey for two more years and not leave you!!

The Pucks
The Pucks

December 4th, 2009, 11:46 am #8

Please tell me something new! There are few people going to the games. Holy Sh!t when did that start happening? WE GET IT. You hate the Cougars and Brodsky, Fat Dallas, and everyone else is a joke. We heard you the first 40000000000000000000000000000000 times. Go away.
opinion and fact.

cougarbait
cougarbait

December 4th, 2009, 3:40 pm #9

that you should stop worrying about the cougars.
you hate them...that is obvious..
let it go....get a hobby....buy a gym membership....
do something so that the rest of us dont have to read your
constant drivel....
If I hated something as much as you obviously do I would
stop thinking about it....but I guess you have a lot of hate
in you....

smileyjones
smileyjones

December 4th, 2009, 5:40 pm #10

opinion and fact.
It's obvious that Pucks is no Brodsky fan. BUT, he will come on here an talk hockey, post after a win and give a bit of praise if it's due.