If that costs us our playoffs spot

If that costs us our playoffs spot

supercrazypgcougars007
supercrazypgcougars007

March 1st, 2006, 5:31 am #1

That's the hugest joke I have ever seen..

Canadian Chris
Canadian Chris

March 1st, 2006, 5:40 am #2

I'd have to unfortunately say it was a good goal. It's really too bad too as the Cougars played a wonderful game...Featherstone in particular.

But it really did look like the puck was in before the horn went

Oh well...a point is a point and I believe the magic # is now down to 5.5? yes? no?

smileyjones
smileyjones

March 1st, 2006, 5:44 am #3

Tough way to lose the game. The call is a little iffy, but they put themselves in that position.

That's not to take away from the game. The team played a good game (particularly in the third) against a Kelowna team that's rolling along pretty nicely right now. I still think that this team is "learning how to win" while Kelowna has been there and done that, and that is the difference in that kind of game.

The challenge now will be for the team to take all of the positives out of the game and sweep away that winning goal. If they put in a solid effort like this at home, 4pts are thiers and the Blazers will be dusting off the clubs.

March 1st, 2006, 5:53 am #4

All i'm gunna say is this:
he must be magic to have in 4 seconds to come from the blueline, get past a defender, get a shot, then get the rebound and "score"

pg fan
pg fan

March 1st, 2006, 5:56 am #5

That's the hugest joke I have ever seen..
Scotty Bowles has to stop the puck,it's as simple as that.Kelowna won fair and square.Let's quit blaming the officials or referees or whomever.Good teams get good goaltending and good teams find a way to win.Kelowna NEVER gave up.What a disappointing, disappointing point to lose here, but it's one that we lost, not the officials!!

That's how it should be anyway, beat Kamloops and we're in, lose to Kamloops and we don't deserve it anyway.We control our own destiny.

Canadian Chris
Canadian Chris

March 1st, 2006, 5:58 am #6

All i'm gunna say is this:
he must be magic to have in 4 seconds to come from the blueline, get past a defender, get a shot, then get the rebound and "score"
That in broadcasts such as those, the clock on the TV screen isn't ALWAYS insync with the actual game clock...

but the evidence basically shows that the puck was in the net before the horn...the side view was the best for this...

Oh well though...a point is a point, and nowe can go out and get 4 more this weekend to basically ice it...*crosses fingers*

COOGSUPERFAN
COOGSUPERFAN

March 1st, 2006, 6:00 am #7

I'd have to unfortunately say it was a good goal. It's really too bad too as the Cougars played a wonderful game...Featherstone in particular.

But it really did look like the puck was in before the horn went

Oh well...a point is a point and I believe the magic # is now down to 5.5? yes? no?
It was plainly obvious that the green light was on before the puck crossed the line. (The green light comes on automatically when the time clock expires.) The horn has NOTHING to do with it. This is a true homer travesty. Yet another adversity that our beloved Coogs WILL over come. Another valuable lesson learned (better now than in a game 6 or 7 ).

March 1st, 2006, 6:09 am #8

Wow go from not making the playoffs for a decade to talking about game 6 or 7 with a depthly challenged hockey team. I was going to cheer for the Cougs if they made the playoffs, but its fans like you that make me hope nothing but the worst for them come playoff time.

Smileyjones
Smileyjones

March 1st, 2006, 6:10 am #9

It was plainly obvious that the green light was on before the puck crossed the line. (The green light comes on automatically when the time clock expires.) The horn has NOTHING to do with it. This is a true homer travesty. Yet another adversity that our beloved Coogs WILL over come. Another valuable lesson learned (better now than in a game 6 or 7 ).
Come on Soop....how could you say it was plainly obvious?? It was so bloody close that there was no way you could tell either way. Calling the goal off might have been a crappy call too.

The point here is a heartbreaker like that can have one of two effects. A) Piss the team off so they come out in a foul mood and play like hell or B) lose all confidence and let it throw them off.

I think this team has some real character in Zimmer, Hunter, and Featherstone and they will be ready to go this weekend.

BTW...nice job of harrassing KBF. This weekend it's time for the Cougars to be "taking care of business".

COOGSUPERFAN
COOGSUPERFAN

March 1st, 2006, 6:16 am #10

Wow go from not making the playoffs for a decade to talking about game 6 or 7 with a depthly challenged hockey team. I was going to cheer for the Cougs if they made the playoffs, but its fans like you that make me hope nothing but the worst for them come playoff time.
with fans like you cheering us on, who needs enemies . Cheer for your own team while you can. Really, don't take it personally, but we don't need (or probably want you) you on our side. Maybe you should take up golf and join the Bloozers for their extra long off season this year. GOOOOOO COOOOOOGS!!!