cougarman
cougarman

March 1st, 2006, 10:44 pm #21

And I'm sure glad I wasn't the ref in that one, a real lose-lose for him no matter which way. My take is that the Cougars weren't going to get that one called their way because the Rockettes are the darlings of the league and they'll always get the breaks. In the long run it shouldn't matter anyway because the Cougars need to do one thing and that's to beat the Bloozers in both games this weekend and put them on the brink. As it was suggested in other posts, the Cougars control their own destiny and after watching these last few games, I believe that if they continue to play as well as they have, we will be playoff bound.
and they are plying very well right now, so I would expect to see a few more wins, and good little stretch to finish off the season. The season has basically gone like his, started off playing very well going 13-5, than going on a loosing skid 10 in a row or sommthing, than winning a whole bunch of games in november and december including a 7-2 9 game home stand, then playing around five hundred for january finishing off in febuary with a big loosing stretch, and are now starting to play good again which is why I think we will end the season on a winning streak. this team is very fragile when it looses a couple in a row, it soon turns to many in a row, and when they win a couple in a row they get really confident and win a bunch in a row.like I said very streaky.

Rockets Fan
Rockets Fan

March 1st, 2006, 11:24 pm #22

Every team would have done the same. I'm a huge cougars fan and I think the puck went in on time. So the green light comes on that doesn't mean anything, the guy could have been slow on turning the red light on, that doesn't mean the puck didn't go in first. In the end it's not going to matter.
I didn't see it but if the goal judge was jumping up and down, very unprofessional and I hope he doesn't do anymore games.
I was at the game last night. The only person jumping remotely close to the goal judges, was the guy who drives the ice cleaning machine. Their are no fans around the goal judge at that end other than the rink rats who stand behind the glass. So if a rink rat got excited, so be it.

COOGSUPERFAN
COOGSUPERFAN

March 2nd, 2006, 3:52 am #23

and they are plying very well right now, so I would expect to see a few more wins, and good little stretch to finish off the season. The season has basically gone like his, started off playing very well going 13-5, than going on a loosing skid 10 in a row or sommthing, than winning a whole bunch of games in november and december including a 7-2 9 game home stand, then playing around five hundred for january finishing off in febuary with a big loosing stretch, and are now starting to play good again which is why I think we will end the season on a winning streak. this team is very fragile when it looses a couple in a row, it soon turns to many in a row, and when they win a couple in a row they get really confident and win a bunch in a row.like I said very streaky.
10-4 is around 0.500? Wow! Must be a new type of math. Other than 3 REALLY bad weeks this year, this team has shown enormous improvement this year. There definitely has been streaks though, I'll give you that.

Fatcat
Fatcat

March 2nd, 2006, 6:10 am #24

Scotty Bowles has to stop the puck,it's as simple as that.Kelowna won fair and square.Let's quit blaming the officials or referees or whomever.Good teams get good goaltending and good teams find a way to win.Kelowna NEVER gave up.What a disappointing, disappointing point to lose here, but it's one that we lost, not the officials!!

That's how it should be anyway, beat Kamloops and we're in, lose to Kamloops and we don't deserve it anyway.We control our own destiny.
but in any game that I've seen that came down to a "buzzer beater" the officials go by the green light, otherwise why is it there? The red light shouldn't even be able to come on when the green one is on, that's always been my understanding. My opinion is that the goal was in before the horn, and I think the ref clearly saw that, but without being able to check the replay the ref should go by the green light, that's what it's there for. Good game though, the Cats are rolling, what's with all this "no depth in scoring" talk, they showed some depth tonight. Featherstone ruled the rink.

March 2nd, 2006, 6:28 am #25

I was at the game last night. The only person jumping remotely close to the goal judges, was the guy who drives the ice cleaning machine. Their are no fans around the goal judge at that end other than the rink rats who stand behind the glass. So if a rink rat got excited, so be it.
The goal judge on that end is a trillion years old

---------------------------------------------
FWHL Spokane Chiefs

2004 - Western Conference Regular Season Champs