COOGSUPERFAN
COOGSUPERFAN

March 1st, 2006, 6:17 am #11

Come on Soop....how could you say it was plainly obvious?? It was so bloody close that there was no way you could tell either way. Calling the goal off might have been a crappy call too.

The point here is a heartbreaker like that can have one of two effects. A) Piss the team off so they come out in a foul mood and play like hell or B) lose all confidence and let it throw them off.

I think this team has some real character in Zimmer, Hunter, and Featherstone and they will be ready to go this weekend.

BTW...nice job of harrassing KBF. This weekend it's time for the Cougars to be "taking care of business".
take their motto since we will be taking their playoff spot for awhile.

P.O.'d
P.O.'d

March 1st, 2006, 6:24 am #12

That's the hugest joke I have ever seen..
And I'm sure glad I wasn't the ref in that one, a real lose-lose for him no matter which way. My take is that the Cougars weren't going to get that one called their way because the Rockettes are the darlings of the league and they'll always get the breaks. In the long run it shouldn't matter anyway because the Cougars need to do one thing and that's to beat the Bloozers in both games this weekend and put them on the brink. As it was suggested in other posts, the Cougars control their own destiny and after watching these last few games, I believe that if they continue to play as well as they have, we will be playoff bound.

Cougar Guy
Cougar Guy

March 1st, 2006, 6:45 am #13

I'd have to unfortunately say it was a good goal. It's really too bad too as the Cougars played a wonderful game...Featherstone in particular.

But it really did look like the puck was in before the horn went

Oh well...a point is a point and I believe the magic # is now down to 5.5? yes? no?
that I saw on the Shaw broadcast, the green light was definitely on when the puck was in the net, BEFORE the red light went on. To me, that says one of two things:

1) The goal judge was slow in hitting the red light or
2) The puck was not across the line prior to the clock running out

The difficulty I had was trying to see if the green light had gone on before the puck crossed the line . . . it was very close and I couldn't be sure either way unless I saw the replay over and over again. Now try and do that at full speed . . . good luck. The angle from the bench would also be very difficult if not impossible to see fully, as you wouldn't be able to see the puck cross the line due to the positioning of the goalie.

Really, really tough call and I can understand Vandekamp's point of view from the post game comments seeing as how the green light was definitely on prior to the red light going on.

All of that aside, I thought the boys played well and did a great job of not simply looking ahead to Kamloops. This was a game that they could've easily not been focused for and instead they played hard AND picked up another valuable point in the process. Any point right now is huge and for that, I think we accomplished something worthy in this game. We also kept playing well and the way this game ended should provide some additional motivation for the guys to come out hard on Friday. If we were in a good position being up by 3 on Kamloops, we are in a better position by being up by 4.

I'm really excited for the weekend games.

GO CATS!!!!!!!!!!

Hockey #1
Hockey #1

March 1st, 2006, 2:21 pm #14

And I'm sure glad I wasn't the ref in that one, a real lose-lose for him no matter which way. My take is that the Cougars weren't going to get that one called their way because the Rockettes are the darlings of the league and they'll always get the breaks. In the long run it shouldn't matter anyway because the Cougars need to do one thing and that's to beat the Bloozers in both games this weekend and put them on the brink. As it was suggested in other posts, the Cougars control their own destiny and after watching these last few games, I believe that if they continue to play as well as they have, we will be playoff bound.
Good point PO'd, they are definately the darlings of the division as you say but in regards to all the talk on the goal in or not above. Bottom line--------the two lights at the end of the playing surface are there for a reason, and for all intents and purposes and with what happened in Kelowna last nite the goal shud not have counted--end of discussion--the goal judge cud not turn the light because time had expired and therefore making it even more impossible for the official to call and any ref. with some balls would have went to the shoot-out to decide the game. I agree this only gets the boys even more ready to attone for that call. Have a great weekend . GUYS

March 1st, 2006, 3:39 pm #15

That's the hugest joke I have ever seen..
the red light CANNOT come on after the green light goes on, so, with that being said, goal was fair...

---------------------------------------------
FWHL Spokane Chiefs

2004 - Western Conference Regular Season Champs

COOGSUPERFAN
COOGSUPERFAN

March 1st, 2006, 3:47 pm #16

When did the red light come on? Oh...AFTER the green light was on for it's preset (3-5 second) period (when the red light signal will NOT be accepted). Nice try, must have been a relative doing his little celebration dance after the goal...nice OBJECTIVE personnel you have working in Kelowna. Not surprising at all. Doesn't matter, it does reflect poorly on Prospera Place though. (and the officiating). Hope to see this team in the playoffs.

Rocket Season Ticket Holder
Rocket Season Ticket Holder

March 1st, 2006, 5:28 pm #17

I am truly embarrassed for the Kelowna Rockets (and their quick exit - "Lets get out of here before they change their minds") and Prospera Place. That goal was not in.

Danny Gallivan
Danny Gallivan

March 1st, 2006, 8:56 pm #18

When did the red light come on? Oh...AFTER the green light was on for it's preset (3-5 second) period (when the red light signal will NOT be accepted). Nice try, must have been a relative doing his little celebration dance after the goal...nice OBJECTIVE personnel you have working in Kelowna. Not surprising at all. Doesn't matter, it does reflect poorly on Prospera Place though. (and the officiating). Hope to see this team in the playoffs.
That's what you are suppose to do. Have you not noticed that before. You obviously have not watched much hockey then. In overtime...or when time runs out...and you score..the best thing for any team is to jump off the bench in celebration. It truely plays a factor in the ref's decision. Would the Cougars have done the same? You bet they would have. If they were smart they'd have done the same thing.

jam32
jam32

March 1st, 2006, 9:45 pm #19

Every team would have done the same. I'm a huge cougars fan and I think the puck went in on time. So the green light comes on that doesn't mean anything, the guy could have been slow on turning the red light on, that doesn't mean the puck didn't go in first. In the end it's not going to matter.
I didn't see it but if the goal judge was jumping up and down, very unprofessional and I hope he doesn't do anymore games.

cougarman
cougarman

March 1st, 2006, 10:31 pm #20

Come on Soop....how could you say it was plainly obvious?? It was so bloody close that there was no way you could tell either way. Calling the goal off might have been a crappy call too.

The point here is a heartbreaker like that can have one of two effects. A) Piss the team off so they come out in a foul mood and play like hell or B) lose all confidence and let it throw them off.

I think this team has some real character in Zimmer, Hunter, and Featherstone and they will be ready to go this weekend.

BTW...nice job of harrassing KBF. This weekend it's time for the Cougars to be "taking care of business".
how the ref doesn't even have the profesionalism to go to the cougars bench and describe what happened and tell the coach why he came to the dicision he came to, instead he high tailed it to the dressing room like an intimidated little pussy, because he was too frightened to here a couple boos from the Kelowna fans.