I't Not Done Yet!

I't Not Done Yet!

P.O.'d
P.O.'d

March 4th, 2006, 3:29 pm #1

Seems like everyone is celebrating us making the playoffs but we've still got 7 games left in the season, with Kamloops having 6. It's not done yet and we need to remember that. As much as I liked to see the boys come out with a solid effort last night, there is still a little bit of those let downs that worry me. This team has had those in the past and it cost them games. Tuesday's game in Kelowna saw one at the end of overtime and it cost them a valuable point. Last night it was only a moment of sloppiness in their own end that allowed a goal by a team that looked whipped, but Kamloops broke the shut out for Cyr, who played a solid game and should have been rewarded. I think they're doing better with it but these boys need to get and keep that killer instinct right to the final buzzer. Even though I have confidence they'll do it right, I won't celebrate until I see the playoff schedule with our name on it. I just hope the team is thinking the same way and plays 60 minutes of Cougar hockey.

Cougar Guy
Cougar Guy

March 4th, 2006, 5:17 pm #2

stranger things have happened and will happen again in the the sporting world.

There are a handful of games left, like you have eluded to, and I think we need to come out hard for all of them. The goal is to make the playoffs and be playing well heading into them. If the boys earn another victory tonight, that will all but take care of the first goal. It would take a REALLY unusual and almost unheard of turn of events for Kamloops to recover from that. Because of that, I think tonight is a bigger game than last night . . . a game 7 if you will. We have to come out with the attitude that this is our rink and that we control it. I like the way the team has been playing lately and I see no reason why that won't happen.

I can also see it turning really ugly if it isn't close . . .

tombstone81
tombstone81

March 4th, 2006, 5:51 pm #3

As long as our players aren't injured...it's about time we brought some old time hockey back to the barn! Fuller, Zim, Hunter and Dev are all WAAAY overdue to lay a beating on some opposition bods. While the Cougs have played relatively flawless clinical hockey in the past few games (solid D keeping offense to the outside, decent special teams, etc)...one has to admit that it hasn't been all that exciting from a fan's perspective. Last night the only real "highlight" -- other than the victory itself of course -- was Dana's short handed special faking Dubber out of his socks. The rest was just executing a precision game plan while time rolled off the clock. No major hits, highlight reel saves, etc.

I think Scumloops knows that tonight is their season. They only have 6 games left including tonight. If they lose, they will be down to 10 possible points up for grabs but be 8 points out of a playoff spot. Conventional wisdom says that with four of their remaining 5 games after tonight against Vancouver and Kelowna...they would lose at least one of those games. So even if we tanked every game after a victory tonight...we would still take the playoff spot. No, the Blowzers know that this is it for them...and if the Cougs are up by an unsurmountable score midway through the third period I think we might see some dancing going on out there. When's the last time we got to see a real exciting line brawl at the 'Plex?

COOGSUPERFAN
COOGSUPERFAN

March 4th, 2006, 7:00 pm #4

was against Kamloops last year. Back to back line brawls pretty much with us pretty much destroying every Bloozer on the ice. Late in the game we were losing. I remember the big stink after with lots of letters to the editor etc. I'd just as soon not see that kind of shenanigans as it turns off MOST of the fans. (family atmosphere etc). However, if gong show Kassian continues to goon it up (man that guy is SLOW), then Orr should at least stand in there and see what happens. That is NOT a job for Zimmer or Fuller (in his current state).

kamloops s.t.h.
kamloops s.t.h.

March 4th, 2006, 7:44 pm #5

As long as our players aren't injured...it's about time we brought some old time hockey back to the barn! Fuller, Zim, Hunter and Dev are all WAAAY overdue to lay a beating on some opposition bods. While the Cougs have played relatively flawless clinical hockey in the past few games (solid D keeping offense to the outside, decent special teams, etc)...one has to admit that it hasn't been all that exciting from a fan's perspective. Last night the only real "highlight" -- other than the victory itself of course -- was Dana's short handed special faking Dubber out of his socks. The rest was just executing a precision game plan while time rolled off the clock. No major hits, highlight reel saves, etc.

I think Scumloops knows that tonight is their season. They only have 6 games left including tonight. If they lose, they will be down to 10 possible points up for grabs but be 8 points out of a playoff spot. Conventional wisdom says that with four of their remaining 5 games after tonight against Vancouver and Kelowna...they would lose at least one of those games. So even if we tanked every game after a victory tonight...we would still take the playoff spot. No, the Blowzers know that this is it for them...and if the Cougs are up by an unsurmountable score midway through the third period I think we might see some dancing going on out there. When's the last time we got to see a real exciting line brawl at the 'Plex?
you have a better team and deserve to make the playoffs over kamloops. Good for you and good luck in the first round. Calling Kamloops names is just disrespectfull and imature.

KBF
KBF

March 4th, 2006, 8:24 pm #6

Wow must be a very emotional win for you eh? Seem pretty upset about Kamloops taking the Cougars out every year.

tombstone81
tombstone81

March 4th, 2006, 8:34 pm #7

you have a better team and deserve to make the playoffs over kamloops. Good for you and good luck in the first round. Calling Kamloops names is just disrespectfull and imature.
Talk about the pot calling the kettle black! There are more Kamloops Blazers fans on this website than probably any other team has postings from rival cities...taking pot shots at everything from the team nickname to the city name to the nature of the economy up here.

Finally we get a chance to rub a little salt in your wounds and you cry like a baby!? Too funny. Fine, call me immature...but I hope our boys can learn how to develop a killer instinct and kick a team when they're down...like the fans in both our cities are quite adept at. Call it a little lesson for the Cougs.

Scumloops
Scamloops
Craploops
Kam-losers
Kam-lunatics
Kam-useless

DIE, EVIL BLOOZERS, DIE!!!!!

tombstone81
tombstone81

March 4th, 2006, 8:39 pm #8

...your uniforms are the most gawdawful ugly things in the entire league. Perhaps now that the bloom is off the rose and the "Little Montreal" playoff dynasty has come to an end, your franchise will consider a total image revamp so that hockey fans aren't forced to look at such a horrible uniform. It looks like someone puked up a pumpkin pie into a toilet bowl full of that 1000 Flushes dye.

KBF
KBF

March 4th, 2006, 9:53 pm #9

Just worry about that old ugly dusty cougar in the front of the hideous red and black jerseys you've had for god knows how long now.

tombstone81
tombstone81

March 4th, 2006, 10:26 pm #10

Wow must be a very emotional win for you eh? Seem pretty upset about Kamloops taking the Cougars out every year.
I hope nobody really takes a forum like this seriously or personally. It's about a sport and sport is about rivalry...the more intense, the more fun for the average fan. I'm sure despite all the flack KBF takes...if he never posted here it would be far less interesting and all the PG yahoos on here like me wouldn't have near as much fun.

Truth is, I think Kamloops (and the entire Thompson-Okanagan) is beautiful country and would live there in a heartbeat if my job, family and history were there. But my roots are here and after 15+ years in the GVRD I chose to come back to PG for the quiet, inexpensive lifestyle, the open spaces and the ease of commute. Not something you can find in Vancouver and Kelowna anymore...and even the 'Loops is catching up fast. PG is caught in a bit of a time warp with a cyclical population that never seems to get above 75K or so. I like that.

Plus, living in Vancouver I was forced to be a Giants' season ticket holder and I have to say it was somehow even less fun putting money into Ron Toigo's pocket than Rick Brodsky's (although my hat's off to Toigo for spending money on hockey people and hockey marketing--unlike Rick who puts employing family members above hockey operations).

Anyway, it's almost a shame we won't meet in the playoffs. Who can forget those magical Cougar runs of the 90's...knocking off Portland, sweeping Spokane, taking care of the Blazers in an awesome 7-game series that had every element you could throw into a playoff matchup, including our resident psycho Peacock running Petruk! LOVED IT!