How long before .....................

How long before .....................

The Pucks
The Pucks

September 25th, 2007, 4:19 pm #1

we see a regular season game with attendance below 2000?

I say by the 8th home game we dip below the mark.

Puckster
Puckster

September 25th, 2007, 5:59 pm #2

I'm guessing that they sold more Season tickets than last year, which i'm guessing was around 2350, so paid attendance likely won't drop below 2600 this year. You could be close though, real attendance this year should be the lowest we've ever seen!

On another note, its good to see that the team is actually trying to rebuild!!

The Pucks
The Pucks

September 25th, 2007, 6:19 pm #3

2682 the 2nd night. I have no idea on season tickets, but I also havnt heard anywhere that they were up from last season. A number of people I know have not renewed, and I can remember how long its been since I gave mine up. I dont know a single person who bought season tickets for the 1st time.

Sadly its come to a point where Cougar talk around town is almost non-existant.

Canadian Chris
Canadian Chris

September 25th, 2007, 7:24 pm #4

I know a lot of people that bought seasons tickets for the first time this year...so I'm sure it's close to the numbers it's been in previous years

finank
finank

September 25th, 2007, 8:15 pm #5

As one of the 2600+, It was hard to get enthused about the games. Spokane owned the middle ice through both games.........first pass counter attack was quick and controlled..........Cougars were not completing passes through the middle well........I thought when they did gain the blueline they competed well.........I think we will see the middle play get better after 10 games..........I liked the body checks that were clean and hard and there were some hand clappers in both game.........I'm looking forward to seeing Tyrell senior at high speed through the middle and hanging on to those passes.........Spokane was little slow and vulnerable there............Last, I think we need someone who doesn't like seeing his teamates abused........If he skated well and agitated......it may not be a long year.....nothing wrong with the boys speed

Bowzone.ca
Bowzone.ca

September 26th, 2007, 11:56 pm #6

I liked what I seen too .... I wasnt there opening night because I had to work ...saturday I was there ... the 6 goals that Cyr let in ... all but maybe one he didnt have a chance whether it be lack of support (to be read expiriance) or great play by the cheifs ... from my angle any way ...(I sit in section D). That not withstanding I see alot of potential in the boys and can honestly say that Alot of chemistry has to take place .... re: trip comming up ... the Lads must gel ...they will, I think around Christmas time the team will come together and surprise most pleasently ...probally to the effect of 500 or so hockey by the end of the year ... thats the nature of Jr hockey ... a good team for 3 years ... 2 years of rebuilding.

Cyr has proven himself a good tendie in the past ... Daniluck (sp) stood on his head Saturday nite ... if thats any indication ... PG has the best tandem in the leauge IMHO.

those that are bitching ... PG has a 50% or better Green team, a relitivly green coach, what did you really expect .... But I also beleive that those that are bitchin now ...would do so if they were 2-0 instead of 0-2 anyway

pg cougar
pg cougar

September 27th, 2007, 1:36 am #7

When has PG ever had a good team 3 years in a row???

COOGSUPERFAN
COOGSUPERFAN

September 27th, 2007, 3:03 am #8

Lot of good hockey from 97 - 2001
Second in Western Conference...Cinderella story...very exciting.
Second in Western Conference...Totally hosed by reffing
Lost to eventual Memorial Cup winners in 7. ONLY team in the WHL that even gave them a scare.