HOW ABOUT A SECOND LOOK?

HOW ABOUT A SECOND LOOK?

January 24th, 2005, 5:42 am #1

ANOTHER LOSS !!!
MAYBE ITS TIME FOR A REAL LOOK AT WHAT IS WRONG, THE TALENT IS GOOD, BUT SOMETHING IS SERIOUSLY WRONG.
PERHAPS COOGSUPERFAN YOU MIGHT LIKE TO TRY MY ROCK AND THEN YOU JUST MIGHT SEE THINGS MORE CLEARLY.
WAS KAMLOOPS "OUTCOACHED TOMIGHT ?'

COOGSUPERFAN
COOGSUPERFAN

January 24th, 2005, 2:44 pm #2

something was wrong LAST NIGHT. They stunk up the joint completely, they have had several games like that this year and you know what, they will probably have one or two more. So has every team in the league. How will they respond?. Of course we were out-coached. I'm much more concerned about us being out-worked, out-hit, out-scored, out-shot, out-chanced, out-fought, etc in this game. I hope they have to pay a significant price to realize that this kind of effort will NOT be tolerated without serious consequences. I'd have then doing two a days with the afternoon a complete bag skate until they puke. I remember a great story out of Kelowna from 4-5 years ago. Same thing...they stunk up a couple of rinks in a row. The next two days they payed for it. Twelve hours/day of monitored hard off-ice cardio and strength testing. More than 1/2 the team were physically ill from the efforts. I wonder if that helped the Rockettes?

COOGSUPERFAN
COOGSUPERFAN

January 24th, 2005, 2:47 pm #3

ANOTHER LOSS !!!
MAYBE ITS TIME FOR A REAL LOOK AT WHAT IS WRONG, THE TALENT IS GOOD, BUT SOMETHING IS SERIOUSLY WRONG.
PERHAPS COOGSUPERFAN YOU MIGHT LIKE TO TRY MY ROCK AND THEN YOU JUST MIGHT SEE THINGS MORE CLEARLY.
WAS KAMLOOPS "OUTCOACHED TOMIGHT ?'
for you to suggest that the talent on this team is good, which implies better than average, shows us a lot. Without Hunter in this line-up, we need to reach quite a ways up to reach the AVERAGE talent level.

StuCook
StuCook

January 24th, 2005, 3:16 pm #4

I love the posts from Cougs Superfan and you devotion to the team. I get a kick out of your posts on other teams boards.

Generally, disagree with the talent comment. I do agree there are, dare I say , no Brule's here. As I posted before this team has the horses, somehow the jockey(s) need to get them to the finish line.

On the pre game last nite Lane was asked if his guys are ready, he said "I hope so, for a game like this". Last nite on the pre-game of the Pitt-NE game they asked Belichek if his team was ready he answered "Yes, I believe in my guys". Different levels, same goal. As well on the post-game Stew said "we cant expect our young guys to step up" I say BS. To a degree you must run with the future, dont live in the past.

Dallas has gone out and done his job, made positive personel changes. Now the coaching staff needs to get over the fact that the "go to" guys they think will get it done are not the guys. An example is the "Road PP" it is now 8 for 121 and the same unit pours over the boards game after game after game. Is it time for a shake-up there or should we stay the course and hope it will improve over time?

One must question if the coaching staff and player mix has hit "the wall".

January 24th, 2005, 4:51 pm #5

I COULD NOT AGREE WITH YOU MORE, THE YOUNG PLAYERS ARE THE FUTURE AND DESERVE A CHANCE TO SEE WHAT THEY CAN DO, IT SHOULDN'T BE MUCH WORSE THAN WHAT WE HAVE AND WHO KNOWS GIVEN A CHANCE, WITH A GOOD LINE MIX(OLD & YOUNG) PLAYERS ANYTHING COULD HAPPEN.

Puckster
Puckster

January 25th, 2005, 1:28 am #6

for you to suggest that the talent on this team is good, which implies better than average, shows us a lot. Without Hunter in this line-up, we need to reach quite a ways up to reach the AVERAGE talent level.
All we needed was Zimmer...now all we need is Hunter??? One thing is safe to say...we got our butts kick in what could be the most embarrassing game this season...(i've been embarrassed so much in the past their are just too many games to recall them all).

Dallas picked up 7 players all of which have played WHL before...all have spent most of their lives playing hockey. 3 practices in over three weeks is not a valid excuse...sorry its just not. You have to make time for whats important, i do, you do, so should this team, its clear that something is missing. How about some classroom time at night, doesn't take too much physical energy to do that!!

COOGSUPERFAN
COOGSUPERFAN

January 25th, 2005, 2:50 am #7

assume you didn't know much about the inner workings of the new management and coaching staff. Now I KNOW you know virtually nothing. PG has NEVER spent more time in the hockey classroom than this year...period! Better luck next time. I will definitely beg to differ on your opinion that 3 practices is enough to gel with 6 new players (Jelinek had a couple more). You must not have coached anything at ANY level. (Which is fine.) Finally, what we need, actually, is both a healthy Zimmer (still not there yet) AND a healthy Hunter (easily our best all-around player for 45+ days before the injury) to be near our best. It just may not happen until the end of the season.

Puckster
Puckster

January 25th, 2005, 3:42 am #8

I don't know much about the inner workings...and well...i've said it many times..who cares. You're writers cramp seems to be effecting your head too...i see. I said three practices is not an excuse...period. You have to find a way to work around the excuses, by spending more time on the ice...or in the classroom. Just me but i'm guessing they haven't done much of that in the last few weeks either...and you don't have to reserve the ice at 10:00 at night!!

I just have to wonder what coaching a five year old soccer team has to do with the Cougars??? Beats me but i'm sure your going to tell me...