HOW ABOUT A HOCKEY POST?...

HOW ABOUT A HOCKEY POST?...

COOGSUPERFAN
COOGSUPERFAN

February 15th, 2007, 2:31 am #1

The Gnats are coming to town for two biggies and get this...they actually have to play tonight AND then travel more than 4 hours. My goodness, I can hear the complaining already. "I should be able to fly my stags anywhere I want to, it's my money." "Tough to get rid of those bus legs after a tough game in Tri-Cities". The Gnats have struggled mightily since Slade walked, but they are a very dangerous team in pretty much the same situation the Coogs. They made some great trades (on paper) to improve an already good team and they are underachieving mightily. I honestly don't know what to expect this weekend. I think we will see some good hockey though, and I know where I can be found, and I know what I will be screeching...GOOOOOOOOO COOOOOOOOOOOOOGS!!!

February 15th, 2007, 2:34 am #2

And beat those Ginots. They aren't so bad, trust us.

cat fan
cat fan

February 15th, 2007, 2:54 am #3

just get whipped by kelowna.Guess kass can rest easier now that little garet hunt is out for the year!!

No favors my friend, if we beat them we do it for ourselves.Looking forward to playing the blazers in the playoffs.

February 15th, 2007, 3:23 am #4

You think repeating the same false thing about Hunt and Kassian is gonna get under my skin? You're the one who looks dumb by stating false information.

You are really bitter btw, wow.

COOGSUPERFAN
COOGSUPERFAN

February 15th, 2007, 3:59 am #5

And beat those Ginots. They aren't so bad, trust us.
What a dilema! Beat the Gnats...help the Bloozers! Or lose to the Gnats but hurt the Bloozers! Talk about a no win situation . Ok...here it is. Beat the Gnats in a shootout twice. Maximum enjoyment and hockey time and hurt both teams! GOOOOOOO COOOOOOOOOOOOGS!!!

car fan
car fan

February 16th, 2007, 1:31 am #6

You think repeating the same false thing about Hunt and Kassian is gonna get under my skin? You're the one who looks dumb by stating false information.

You are really bitter btw, wow.
saw it on tv and my friend, kassian should have destroyed him based on size alone.Funniest thing I saw in a while,little garet hunt fighting the big kass to a standstill.

KBF
KBF

February 16th, 2007, 11:18 am #7

See kids, this is what happens when you do drugs. Its called a false sense of reality.

smileyjones
smileyjones

February 17th, 2007, 12:18 am #8

The Gnats are coming to town for two biggies and get this...they actually have to play tonight AND then travel more than 4 hours. My goodness, I can hear the complaining already. "I should be able to fly my stags anywhere I want to, it's my money." "Tough to get rid of those bus legs after a tough game in Tri-Cities". The Gnats have struggled mightily since Slade walked, but they are a very dangerous team in pretty much the same situation the Coogs. They made some great trades (on paper) to improve an already good team and they are underachieving mightily. I honestly don't know what to expect this weekend. I think we will see some good hockey though, and I know where I can be found, and I know what I will be screeching...GOOOOOOOOO COOOOOOOOOOOOOGS!!!
These are statement games for the Cougs. They have a chance to win 2 straight and serve notice that the BC division will be a 3 team race.

Tonight 4-1 Cats
Saturday 3-2 (SO) cats

Yes, I'm serious. Forwards are rolling nicely, as long as the defence moves the puck out of the zone quickly and Scotty is solid in net a sweep is realistic.

On the subject of Scotty Bowles, you can count me as one of the converted. I was in agreement with Dallas' direction to ride with Cyr at the start of the year, and thought that Scotty's record in the OHL was proof that dumping him was not a mistake. I was skeptical when they brought him back as well.

For whatever reason, he plays his best in a PG Cougars uniform and he has certainly added some leadership. No knock on Cyr who was having a pretty solid year, but the team just seems to play better in front of Bowles.

COOGSUPERFAN
COOGSUPERFAN

February 17th, 2007, 1:31 am #9

despite all the negative "drama" that ensues when the discussion turns to the organizations results, I still get really PUMPED up at about 5:45 on game day. These SHOULD be great games. Two teams with slightly different stories, both very hungry to prove something RIGHT NOW. Too bad Drazzy can't be in on these, he would enjoy being a difference maker. However, Hunt can use the time up on one of the top two lines. You can see his confidence growing, as well as his chances and point total as he learns to pick up his game to the next level. I think big Vlad and Wishart will be very prominent tonight. Setoguchi gets to go prove something AGAINST his old team mate, the Wascawwy one! Can we rattle the suddenly vulnerable and inconsistant Sexsmith. Put Fuller, Deagle, Walker, and Durand in front of him a lot and he'll be having nightmares for weeks. Scottie will be as solid as can be. GOOOOOOOOO COOOOOOOOOOGS!!!

COOGSUPERFAN
COOGSUPERFAN

February 17th, 2007, 5:49 am #10

These are statement games for the Cougs. They have a chance to win 2 straight and serve notice that the BC division will be a 3 team race.

Tonight 4-1 Cats
Saturday 3-2 (SO) cats

Yes, I'm serious. Forwards are rolling nicely, as long as the defence moves the puck out of the zone quickly and Scotty is solid in net a sweep is realistic.

On the subject of Scotty Bowles, you can count me as one of the converted. I was in agreement with Dallas' direction to ride with Cyr at the start of the year, and thought that Scotty's record in the OHL was proof that dumping him was not a mistake. I was skeptical when they brought him back as well.

For whatever reason, he plays his best in a PG Cougars uniform and he has certainly added some leadership. No knock on Cyr who was having a pretty solid year, but the team just seems to play better in front of Bowles.
tonight! That was truly a fun game to watch and be a part of. Crowd was pretty rockin' for only 3000+. I still say we are louder at these times than many places with nearly full houses. Great team game with three full lines contributing and playing the Gnats even up. Giants hit the net more but I could easily argue we out-chanced them counting quite a few great shots that missed the net. I thought Sexsmith actually had to be sharper much of the time as we were getting in tighter more often. Inspirational effort from Gardner tonight, he is picking up his game weekly...building to a "peak" at just the right time. Scottie was really good when he had to be (breakaways on our 5-on-3's?). If we can get our PP doing ANYTHING, we will be that much more to contend with, but the urgency just seems to disappear when we have the extra man. Can't wait for the re-match tomorrow...looking forward to many more GOOOOOOOOOOOOO COOOOOOOOOOOOOGS!!!!