HARD NOT TO BE...

HARD NOT TO BE...

COOGSUPERFAN
COOGSUPERFAN

December 17th, 2005, 7:01 am #1

optimistic after the last three games. The effort is back, the ferocious forecheck, not all, but a lot of the finish, and the tending. A volatile ride indeed, but could we realistically expect anything different from a team that literally has no one on it that has, or knows how to win consistantly? Looking forward to the second half of this season as I think the boys have learned a valuble lesson from "The Skid".

Now, even more optimism. I've noticed some pretty creative advertising in the rink. The crossbars have a sponsor...pretty cool I must say. I also heard a vicious "rumour" tonight that there is some kind of a "deal"
if you buy your tickets at Save-On. What a brilliant idea. Wish I'd mentioned it. Let's just say it's a positive start that leaves just a little bit less to do for the "business" side of the team we all love.

Now, as the time line has come to (for some) and is nearing a fair length (for the others) to evaluate trades, what is the assessment now? Walker was a brilliant trade! The guy is a REAL player at both ends and in between. Great on the point on the PP as well. The D swap is looking almost brilliant already. Realize we got 2 former first round picks for one and a throw-in. If their play continues on it's current curve, it was flat out robbery.

This is a wonderful time to be a REAL Cougar fan because we are witnessing a change of culture, a change of confidence, a change of attitude of the whole team. (I'm not yet convinced that change is as drastic or all encompassing within the "upper" management but I'm willing to shut up on that topic until they actually go backwards).

We are getting very healthy again except on the back end but that will come and I'm PUMPED about watching these guys finish very strong in an insanely competitive division. GOOOOOOOOO COOOOOOOOOOOOGS!!!!!!

Fatcat
Fatcat

December 17th, 2005, 7:11 am #2

Had lots of fun watching the last three games. You're right about the trades, Walker has consistently been one of the best players on the ice, Sagert is solid and Dudas looks to be a true prospect (let's hope his injury is not as close to Gendur's as it is starting to sound).

Observer
Observer

December 17th, 2005, 8:39 am #3

optimistic after the last three games. The effort is back, the ferocious forecheck, not all, but a lot of the finish, and the tending. A volatile ride indeed, but could we realistically expect anything different from a team that literally has no one on it that has, or knows how to win consistantly? Looking forward to the second half of this season as I think the boys have learned a valuble lesson from "The Skid".

Now, even more optimism. I've noticed some pretty creative advertising in the rink. The crossbars have a sponsor...pretty cool I must say. I also heard a vicious "rumour" tonight that there is some kind of a "deal"
if you buy your tickets at Save-On. What a brilliant idea. Wish I'd mentioned it. Let's just say it's a positive start that leaves just a little bit less to do for the "business" side of the team we all love.

Now, as the time line has come to (for some) and is nearing a fair length (for the others) to evaluate trades, what is the assessment now? Walker was a brilliant trade! The guy is a REAL player at both ends and in between. Great on the point on the PP as well. The D swap is looking almost brilliant already. Realize we got 2 former first round picks for one and a throw-in. If their play continues on it's current curve, it was flat out robbery.

This is a wonderful time to be a REAL Cougar fan because we are witnessing a change of culture, a change of confidence, a change of attitude of the whole team. (I'm not yet convinced that change is as drastic or all encompassing within the "upper" management but I'm willing to shut up on that topic until they actually go backwards).

We are getting very healthy again except on the back end but that will come and I'm PUMPED about watching these guys finish very strong in an insanely competitive division. GOOOOOOOOO COOOOOOOOOOOOGS!!!!!!
Funy now that you have won a couple of games the trades are working good for you. A couple weeks ago you weren't singing the same tune. So if the team loses the next couple your back to square one with the trades, you are as much a true PG fan as the rest

KBF
KBF

December 17th, 2005, 8:54 am #4

Had lots of fun watching the last three games. You're right about the trades, Walker has consistently been one of the best players on the ice, Sagert is solid and Dudas looks to be a true prospect (let's hope his injury is not as close to Gendur's as it is starting to sound).
You guys win a couple and suddenly he's a god?

Seroiusly, I sure wish we had a couple snipers like the Cougs have, they may not have much after that but certainly those 3 are a hell of alot better than our top 3.

COOGSUPERFAN
COOGSUPERFAN

December 17th, 2005, 9:11 am #5

Funy now that you have won a couple of games the trades are working good for you. A couple weeks ago you weren't singing the same tune. So if the team loses the next couple your back to square one with the trades, you are as much a true PG fan as the rest
Personally, I believe, it is my very first resoponse on the EFFECTS of any of the trades. This is because I don't think it is a very intelligent thing to do to evaluate a trade in the first couple of weeks that ANY trade happens. There is too much adjusting to do in the first couple of weeks to evaluate ANY player. As a matter of fact, it may not be fair to do even now after more than a month (in Walker's case). But you have to start somewhere, and I personally believe that after about a month it should be ok to START to evaluate the "success" of certain trades. It looks to me, at this point, that Walker is becoming very aware of what he is able to do and he is doing it very consistantly over the last 1/2 dozen games. I think it has been a very obvious improvement to have Sagert and Dudas in the line up from day one. Even if the W's were not there at the start, they helped immediately and continue to improve quite dramatically on a game-to-game basis.

Anonymous
Anonymous

December 17th, 2005, 3:25 pm #6

You guys win a couple and suddenly he's a god?

Seroiusly, I sure wish we had a couple snipers like the Cougs have, they may not have much after that but certainly those 3 are a hell of alot better than our top 3.
Shut up KBF....we destroyed your blazettes last night...and thats just how it ishttp://community.the-underdogs.org/smiley/happy/biglaugh2.gif

And it was the other lines doing the destroying last night, not the "snipers"`

Anonymous
Anonymous

December 17th, 2005, 4:16 pm #7

Did you see the game - one of the "snipers" got two of the three goals. In case you weren't there, it was Patterson. HELLO

Anonymous
Anonymous

December 17th, 2005, 5:46 pm #8

One of our snipers put the Blazers away! BUT..Featherstone played outstanding and always does. He is more deserving of the A than Rogers. Zimmer was solid again, he sets the tone and has a solid work ethic game in and game out. In my opinion, our three 20 year olds quietly get the job done and are very seldom given the praise/recognition they deserve. It is nice to see Patterson shooting more rather than feeding Drazenovic all the time and it has paid off for him. I think these three fellows our our "top line".

HockeyFan
HockeyFan

December 17th, 2005, 7:50 pm #9

I questioned the choice of 2 of the three 20 year olds at the start of the season and I'm happy to say that I was wrong. All three have been solid players, with character, leadership and commitment added to the play. They are under rated and sometimes don't get the public recognition they deserve but it's becoming more and more obvious that they are doing an excellent job and I'm sure their team mates and the coachs see it and acknowledge it too.

KBF
KBF

December 17th, 2005, 7:59 pm #10

Till the Cougars go on yet another big long losing streak then I'm sure your tune will change. We all know its imminent.