Dallas Jackson

Dallas Jackson

The Pucks
The Pucks

November 11th, 2009, 11:57 pm #1

With the offense he is showing the Cougars should have one player who is in demand near the trade deadline. The kid has a rifle from the point. Now if he can prove he can stay healthy for awhile ..........................

cougarbait
cougarbait

November 12th, 2009, 6:32 am #2

Trading jackson will probably happen but what a waste he makes Forsberg better and gives the cats a powerplay....
Torbohm is a pylon and at 19 taking ice from Gibbs and McDonald ( as for mcdonald how is he always sitting out or playing limited minutes at only -6 does a player need to be in double digits in plus minus in order to get a chance to play? unless of course you are a #1pick or a 20yr old offensive stud) I have watched about 6 games on web and he does not look out of place and at 17 he is no worse than Torbohm. Same for Gibbs.

Great that they lose 7-3 today with two 20's and a 19 yr old defencemen in the lineup....Is Clark blind? or do Torbohm and Theissen have special preference in his eyes....If you have a 20 in the lineup he better produce...Jackson +1 with 2 points... Theissen -2.

Two Game Comparison
Theissen -2 - Torbohm -1 today vs Brandon = 7-3 loss....
I guess that is an improvement in Clark's mind over the Moose Jaw game when Gibb was -1 and McDonald was even with an assist and the team lost in overtime 5-4 ( with Torbohm pulling the pylon move in front of the net on the winning goal in overtime)

I just dont get Clark...go young, go young..5 year contract..and his idea of young is to dress a 19 and 20 yr old who can do no better than 2 - 17 yr olds?
Torbohm is -18 already I am sure one of the 17 yr olds could match that stellar performance.

COOGSUPERFAN
COOGSUPERFAN

November 12th, 2009, 8:22 am #3

With the offense he is showing the Cougars should have one player who is in demand near the trade deadline. The kid has a rifle from the point. Now if he can prove he can stay healthy for awhile ..........................
that Dallas Jackson has been showcased since he came back...for trade bait. He would really help any contender out there and would bring much more than your average 20. This team is clearly being built around Connolly and the other 9 17's that, I believe, are legitimate WHL players in their own right. Anyone who thinks Connolly should be traded has no clue...period...now THAT would be the NEW worst trade in PG history virtually no matter what it brought back to the Cougars. You just can't do much better than the CHL rookie of the year on a poor team...especially with their drafting history. IF Clark is a decent developmental coach...next year could be very exciting and the 2011-2012 year SHOULD be a doozy. All we know is his history as his present is too new and his future a mystery. He BUILT, developed a very strong team/legacy in Brandon, he molded extreme talent...and ego...into a Memorial Cup team, he failed in Bloozerville but...we all know that was karma catching up with KBF. Gotta give him a year or two to see what he does with this kind of young mix. (not the older players, I have no idea why some of them are even here and can't believe that many of them are strong leaders on this team...another story completely). With better than average 15's coming into the system, I look forward to the results of this this year (not necessarily in the W-L columns) and, especially, the next couple of years after that. GOOOOOOOOOO COOOOOOOOOG!!!!

The Pucks
The Pucks

November 12th, 2009, 4:14 pm #4

Trading jackson will probably happen but what a waste he makes Forsberg better and gives the cats a powerplay....
Torbohm is a pylon and at 19 taking ice from Gibbs and McDonald ( as for mcdonald how is he always sitting out or playing limited minutes at only -6 does a player need to be in double digits in plus minus in order to get a chance to play? unless of course you are a #1pick or a 20yr old offensive stud) I have watched about 6 games on web and he does not look out of place and at 17 he is no worse than Torbohm. Same for Gibbs.

Great that they lose 7-3 today with two 20's and a 19 yr old defencemen in the lineup....Is Clark blind? or do Torbohm and Theissen have special preference in his eyes....If you have a 20 in the lineup he better produce...Jackson +1 with 2 points... Theissen -2.

Two Game Comparison
Theissen -2 - Torbohm -1 today vs Brandon = 7-3 loss....
I guess that is an improvement in Clark's mind over the Moose Jaw game when Gibb was -1 and McDonald was even with an assist and the team lost in overtime 5-4 ( with Torbohm pulling the pylon move in front of the net on the winning goal in overtime)

I just dont get Clark...go young, go young..5 year contract..and his idea of young is to dress a 19 and 20 yr old who can do no better than 2 - 17 yr olds?
Torbohm is -18 already I am sure one of the 17 yr olds could match that stellar performance.
I believe he got his nose busted up in that fight in Regina, it looked pretty bad on TV.