Cougars swept at home.

Cougars swept at home.

The Pucks
The Pucks

January 29th, 2012, 2:33 pm #1

By the 2nd worst team in the WHL. Can it get any worse? How long can Brodsky go without something for the fans. Heck, even Coogs has stopped posting.

COOGSUPERFAN
COOGSUPERFAN

January 29th, 2012, 4:54 pm #2

if not original. Where have you been hiding most of the year? Only to crawl out from under your rock when the boys hit a low spot...again, completely expected and unoriginal. Why don't you do yourself and all of us a favour and skulk away again? You just don't bring anything refreshingly different...EVER!

Wish I could have been there this weekend to find some highlights for you but there is no doubt that these losses could have a detrimental effect on the Cats playoff hopes. Entering in to the "must win" category very soon as they begin their multi-game series' against the Royals. It's getting to the time of year when games really count and now we will get to see how these young guys can respond. While it is difficult to realistically expect a lot of W's with a team with this physical make up, I do expect a compete level like we saw for the first two thirds of the year. That will be enough for a true hockey fan that understands what this organization is TRYING to accomplish for the first time in there history here. Good luck boys...most of us are behind you all the way.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGS!!!

tombstone81
tombstone81

January 29th, 2012, 7:58 pm #3

If most people waited around for a WIN or something POSITIVE to post...the number of messages on this board would be cut by two-thirds.

It is only pure morbid curiousity that keeps me following the fate of this franchise. That, and waiting to see you finally admit when you've been DUPED. You keep supporting the 18 years of "rebuilding efforts" but FAIL to acknowledge when they all fail due to COMPLETE LACK of hockey acumen at the top.

When the current crop of 16 year olds is 19 (those that haven't been traded away in bad deals), and the team is STILL in the WHL basement or suffering a first round playoff loss...I will fully expect to see you on here admitting that NOTHING has changed and the team sucks. Looking forward to your posts 2-3 years from now. (Oh right, then it will just be your old fallback that "I'm only here to see the HIGHEST LEVEL OF HOCKEY THAT THIS TOWN WILL EVER SEE!!"---even if that means supporting a perpetual loser).

Isn't it FUN when we all type with random words CAPITALIZED in an effort to make our decades-old trype seem somehow MORE MEANINGFUL??? Keep drinkin' the Kool-Aid COOGS, you're nothing if not consistent.

The other 5000 fans that used to grace the arena have found much better things to do with their winter evenings, despite Brodsky's attempts to blame the forestry industry and the economy overall. Still plenty of money in this town; lots of shiny new snowmobiles, Dodge Rams, and full planes to Puerto Vallarta. Nice try though Rick to deflect the real issues.

January 29th, 2012, 10:05 pm #4

Stole the idea from Alan Caldwell at Small Thoughts at Large. For fun, comparing the team before and after the trade deadline. Team record in December 5-5, record in January 2-9.

Top line in December Bourke, Forsberg, Asuchak combined 12 goals. Top Line in January Tkatch, Asuchak, Fontaine, combined 6 goals. Bourke, Forsberg, Siwak combined 3 goals.

Individual stats:

December: Bourke 2 Goals, 9 assists, -2; Forsberg 7 goals, 2 assists, -2; Carlson 2 goals, 6 assists, even; Asuchak 3 goals, 5 assists, -3; Fraser 2 goals, 4 assists, -1.

January: Tkatch 3 goals, 3 assists, -4; Bourke 0 goals, 6 assists, -8; Carlson 3 goals, 2 assists, -10; Asuchak 3 goals, 1 assist, -1; Siwak 3 goals, 0 assists, -5.

Tkatch has probably been the best forward in January. All his goals have come at even strength.

The Pucks
The Pucks

January 30th, 2012, 12:46 am #5

if not original. Where have you been hiding most of the year? Only to crawl out from under your rock when the boys hit a low spot...again, completely expected and unoriginal. Why don't you do yourself and all of us a favour and skulk away again? You just don't bring anything refreshingly different...EVER!

Wish I could have been there this weekend to find some highlights for you but there is no doubt that these losses could have a detrimental effect on the Cats playoff hopes. Entering in to the "must win" category very soon as they begin their multi-game series' against the Royals. It's getting to the time of year when games really count and now we will get to see how these young guys can respond. While it is difficult to realistically expect a lot of W's with a team with this physical make up, I do expect a compete level like we saw for the first two thirds of the year. That will be enough for a true hockey fan that understands what this organization is TRYING to accomplish for the first time in there history here. Good luck boys...most of us are behind you all the way.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGS!!!
but did you bother to answer my question? Nope.

Blame it on the 16 year olds, what was it last year, the year before, the year before, the one before that? If Rick would have know all the "super fans" would give him indefinite slack if he iced a bunch of 16's, he would have done it 15 years ago.

Dalls is the worst GM in the history of the WHL. How can he still have a job? Brodsky threw this team and town under the bus in his interview a few weeks ago, he deserves no sympathy.

The Pucks
The Pucks

January 30th, 2012, 12:49 am #6

If most people waited around for a WIN or something POSITIVE to post...the number of messages on this board would be cut by two-thirds.

It is only pure morbid curiousity that keeps me following the fate of this franchise. That, and waiting to see you finally admit when you've been DUPED. You keep supporting the 18 years of "rebuilding efforts" but FAIL to acknowledge when they all fail due to COMPLETE LACK of hockey acumen at the top.

When the current crop of 16 year olds is 19 (those that haven't been traded away in bad deals), and the team is STILL in the WHL basement or suffering a first round playoff loss...I will fully expect to see you on here admitting that NOTHING has changed and the team sucks. Looking forward to your posts 2-3 years from now. (Oh right, then it will just be your old fallback that "I'm only here to see the HIGHEST LEVEL OF HOCKEY THAT THIS TOWN WILL EVER SEE!!"---even if that means supporting a perpetual loser).

Isn't it FUN when we all type with random words CAPITALIZED in an effort to make our decades-old trype seem somehow MORE MEANINGFUL??? Keep drinkin' the Kool-Aid COOGS, you're nothing if not consistent.

The other 5000 fans that used to grace the arena have found much better things to do with their winter evenings, despite Brodsky's attempts to blame the forestry industry and the economy overall. Still plenty of money in this town; lots of shiny new snowmobiles, Dodge Rams, and full planes to Puerto Vallarta. Nice try though Rick to deflect the real issues.
Of all the people I used to attend games with, not one has used finances as an excuse for not attending anymore. Frankly Cougar games are one of the least expensive forms of entertainment in this town, of course if you can call this perpetual losing entertainment.

COOGSUPERFAN
COOGSUPERFAN

February 1st, 2012, 2:23 pm #7

the Coogs record must be the worst this year for you to appear. But wait...they won last night against a team that they must beat to make the playoffs...see ya for another while. GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGS!!! Chase the perpetually Negative Losers away.

COOGSUPERFAN
COOGSUPERFAN

February 1st, 2012, 2:36 pm #8

Blame it on the 16 year olds, what was it last year, the year before, the year before, the one before that? If Rick would have know all the "super fans" would give him indefinite slack if he iced a bunch of 16's, he would have done it 15 years ago.

Dalls is the worst GM in the history of the WHL. How can he still have a job? Brodsky threw this team and town under the bus in his interview a few weeks ago, he deserves no sympathy.
that plagurism can be a form of flattery...I guess I should thank you then for stealing my line roach. Fitting since you will never dazzle us with origninality. Your schtick is so full of holes and dumb I am not even sure if it's worth it but why not?

1) This organization has NEVER done a young rebuild while in PG. Many long time fans are applauding that refreshing attempt that should have been done eons ago...of course NEVER in your camp...it is such in the majority you know. Rick is to stupid and selfish to have ever done it...otherwise he would have...it is different forces at work to drive this youth movement though he did "stamp" it obviously.

2) "Worst GM's in the league" don't go to the Western division final...ever! What a completely immature, idiotic, and assinined comment...just exemplifies your mindset...complete inability to be, in any way, objective. And are you so stupid that you can't answer your own question? He will ALWAYS have a job with Dad-in-law moron...wake up!

3) Who cares what Brodsky says or does...it is all just white noise now...few care at all. If the management that is actually involved in the hockey operations can make something of this strong batch of young players he will become even more irrelevant...as will you.

Sorry to be so harsh but your kind of ignorance needs to be corrected.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGS!!!
3) Wh

COOGSUPERFAN
COOGSUPERFAN

February 1st, 2012, 2:37 pm #9

that plagurism can be a form of flattery...I guess I should thank you then for stealing my line roach. Fitting since you will never dazzle us with origninality. Your schtick is so full of holes and dumb I am not even sure if it's worth it but why not?

1) This organization has NEVER done a young rebuild while in PG. Many long time fans are applauding that refreshing attempt that should have been done eons ago...of course NEVER in your camp...it is such in the majority you know. Rick is to stupid and selfish to have ever done it...otherwise he would have...it is different forces at work to drive this youth movement though he did "stamp" it obviously.

2) "Worst GM's in the league" don't go to the Western division final...ever! What a completely immature, idiotic, and assinined comment...just exemplifies your mindset...complete inability to be, in any way, objective. And are you so stupid that you can't answer your own question? He will ALWAYS have a job with Dad-in-law moron...wake up!

3) Who cares what Brodsky says or does...it is all just white noise now...few care at all. If the management that is actually involved in the hockey operations can make something of this strong batch of young players he will become even more irrelevant...as will you.

Sorry to be so harsh but your kind of ignorance needs to be corrected.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGS!!!

The Pucks
The Pucks

February 2nd, 2012, 2:43 am #10

And you call others dumb?

Simple fact, idiots like you that continue to support him are part of the problem, not part of the solution.

Worst GM? By far. Take your stupid glasses off and look at his record, look at how bad this teams history is since he has been hired. Fact. The only way he has a job in the WHL is because of nepotism. Fact. No other team would hire him. Fact.