contenders or pretenders

contenders or pretenders

the bear
the bear

October 14th, 2011, 1:44 am #1

alas cougs need to do so much better if u want to be a contender and not a pretender excuses are for loosers................everybody who's a contender in the west or us does better than this

Fatcat
Fatcat

October 14th, 2011, 11:31 pm #2

Which excuses are you referring to? 9 games in and you seem pretty pissed. (losers is spelled with one o)

NoName
NoName

October 15th, 2011, 2:45 am #3

not at all just stating a fact cougs have to be much better period. nuf said

COOGSUPERFAN
COOGSUPERFAN

October 15th, 2011, 11:45 pm #4

alas cougs need to do so much better if u want to be a contender and not a pretender excuses are for loosers................everybody who's a contender in the west or us does better than this
This one for obvious reasons, belongs in the "that's pretty naive file". You were thinking that THIS team was supposed to be a contender this year? Wow! You really don't understand this league very well do you?
No surprise here, just a kind of sad feeling that there are people out there like you who seem to gain some kind of joy or satisfaction out of your home team's struggles instead of their victories (even the little ones)...so sad...for you...see ya again...at least when they are losing. We all know where you will scurry to when they win few. GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGS!!!

beav
beav

October 16th, 2011, 1:52 pm #5

get a grip smarty no one said they should be at top of the league but their at their familiar spot and after what 12yrs 10yrs 8yrs its been a long time since theyve been consistently competive sure they've had there 1 season where Dallas spent the farm but get real. Even the coach would say they need to better, now I didn't listen to last nights game so I can't comment

COOGSUPERFAN
COOGSUPERFAN

October 16th, 2011, 2:52 pm #6

Every one here knows your MO...You so rarely, if EVER, come on here when they have made real progress. You only show your face (and ALWAYS negative opinions) when they are in a slump, or injury ridden. I will repeat what I believe to be true, if you think they should be anything even close to a contender, as you intimated, with the line up they have (more importantly, what they don't have in Inglis, Forsberg, and a couple of other key missing components, at this time then you just don't have a clue. And if you do understand the state of this truly rebuilding team then shame on you for being so hyper critical...they really don't deserve it as they have be competitive in almost EVERY game played this year. As for Dallas' performance...you can't make Chicken Cordon Bleu with chicken@^$&. Prior to the upgrades to the scouting staff, the new recruits coming here were...below-average (to be kind) and, to be fair, he was learning a very complex new job at an extremely young age. Not making excuses because, in the end, it is a performance based business and the team's performance in the last decade is pretty poor. That being said, it could have been worse from my viewpoint. Considering we are "stuck" with this family bu...period...I have chosen to look at the highlights...

1) Considering the past reputation built by the predecessors, the marketing and salesmanship of the organization has been strong in my opinion. It is a long, slow swim upstream in a community like PG when you make a lot of serious gaffes.

2) The team is fun to watch these days and hold buckets of promises based on the organizations ability to scout well, promote effectively, and sigh the key players early and often. This was a HUGE weakness 10 years ago that appear to have been overcome.

3) Again, my opinion, but the coaching is stable, above average, and worthy of the players and their family's respect...again, a significant change from the Dumpsey years and the following "turnstile" (go cheap) years.

Of course they need to get better. The vast majority of teams' records that start a season with a very young, injured roster with 8 of ten on the road and multiple thousands of kms in between would look like they need a lot of improvement...that's about the toughest way to start a year possible...IMO. Good on them for winning when they did and COMPETING HARD on almost EVERY night. Some teams are simply one or two years ahead of them in the cycle of major junior hockey and the best they can do (and did I believe) is let everyone they play know that they will be in a "catfight" when they play the Cougars.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGS!!

bond james bond
bond james bond

October 17th, 2011, 3:07 am #7

wow i suree hope you feel better! Just continue to slag everyone that writes on this blog good or bad and you wonder why you'll end up being the only person on this blog. But maybe that's the way you want it peace out

The Pucks
The Pucks

October 17th, 2011, 8:42 am #8

"Everybody knows your MO" or something along those lines.

From Coogs? BWHAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

Talk about knowing someones MO!!

gohitties
gohitties

October 17th, 2011, 2:41 pm #9

You have 6 ~ 16 year olds in the lineup, never going to compete in the WHL with that much youth in the lineup. Can a couple of them play? You bet, but you CANNOT compete in this league with that mix, period.

pgcougarcrazy007
pgcougarcrazy007

October 17th, 2011, 3:52 pm #10

I don't think that's the point. Is anyone saying we are "going for it" this year. We have 6 16 year olds. Come talk to me in two years.