Announcers Comments

Announcers Comments

Lattitude54
Lattitude54

January 7th, 2006, 6:47 pm #1

Is it my imagination or does anyone else find the announcers (especially Mr. Trevor Sprague) a tad on the sarcastic side towards some of the players? Perhaps if the attitude changed here it would encourage more people out to the game to see what they were missing instead of encouraging reasons not to go and see the boys.

Anonymous
Anonymous

January 7th, 2006, 7:55 pm #2

totally. I was not able to make the game last night so I listened on the radio and thought to myself is this guy for real. His comments are actually stupid, half the time he can't formulate a sentence and I believe he is one that talks before he thinks, if he is able to think at all. Not only does he have the most annoying voice to listen to on the radio (its absolutely brutal), he seems to have his pets (Drazenovic) which he talks about non-stop and his criticisms are unbelievable. His one about Hunter always jumping up when he is checking and then saying that he is going to have to stop that....If I only listened to the radio and never saw a game, I would think that the cougar players are nothing but lazy (did they really only play 22 minutes last night and then fell asleep - the coach didn't think so), unskilled players and I should not spend my $ on going to see this team. Someone needs to reign him in or start a petition to get him off the air. Its too bad that the coaches can't listen to these radio broadcasts and then call these so called announcers on a few things and take them to task.

Anonymous
Anonymous

January 7th, 2006, 8:40 pm #3

Agree more. These two announcers are jokes and not very funny ones. I am sure that they could find something positive to talk about. I liked Vandy making the comment a while ago about the bad press that the team is receiving in PG. I think he should also make a comment to these two idiots - if you don't know what you are talking about shut the **** up.

January 7th, 2006, 9:37 pm #4

Is it my imagination or does anyone else find the announcers (especially Mr. Trevor Sprague) a tad on the sarcastic side towards some of the players? Perhaps if the attitude changed here it would encourage more people out to the game to see what they were missing instead of encouraging reasons not to go and see the boys.
I live out of town so when ever i can i watch the games via the whl live streaming. These announcers are all over the place a bad give away buy some of our players will cause them to go off on that player while worse give aways by others aren't even mentioned. The same goes for penaltys. Although they do have some strengths in recognizing we need more production from certain players they don't seem to notice that there are only 5 or 6 players consistently getting the ice time needed to get that production. All in all i have to say that the games i have watched do not reflect accurately what i hear announced. We were lucky in getting an extension to keep our team for three more years and i agree totaly with the comment that we need OUR announcers to be positive towards the team to bring the fans in to the arena. GO COUGARS!!!!!

January 7th, 2006, 9:41 pm #5

Sorry forgot to enter my id for above message

January 7th, 2006, 10:03 pm #6

I live out of town so when ever i can i watch the games via the whl live streaming. These announcers are all over the place a bad give away buy some of our players will cause them to go off on that player while worse give aways by others aren't even mentioned. The same goes for penaltys. Although they do have some strengths in recognizing we need more production from certain players they don't seem to notice that there are only 5 or 6 players consistently getting the ice time needed to get that production. All in all i have to say that the games i have watched do not reflect accurately what i hear announced. We were lucky in getting an extension to keep our team for three more years and i agree totaly with the comment that we need OUR announcers to be positive towards the team to bring the fans in to the arena. GO COUGARS!!!!!
I was at the game last night and was also listening to it. Were these announcers at the same game we were all at. While I don't think we played 60 minutes of hockey, I don't think we played 22 minutes either. Trevor Sprague SUCKS - end of story. The post game show with these two idiots is a joke, they seem to focus on a few and either don't mention the others or trash them. The reason that some of these guys seemed to be tired was not the lack of trying or laziness, but rather being on the ice a lot more than others trying to generate some goals. I really liked seeing Patterson, Hunter and Drazenovic back together. Can anybody tell me why this line was broken up? This combination is truly amazing to watch and the opportunities that they create is exciting. I think the refs give Kelowna far too much respect (as do our announcers, who seem to have more praise for the other team than they do for our players) and allow some of our top players to get mugged, cross checked, slashed without being penalized. That's unfortunate.

SECTION H
SECTION H

January 7th, 2006, 10:14 pm #7

YOU SHOULD WATCH A GAME IN KELOWNA AND SEE WHAT THEY GET AWAY WITH. PART OF THAT HAPPENS BECAUSE THEY GET 6000 FANS YELLING EVERY TIME A ROCKET FALLS DOWN.IT USED TO HELP HERE WHEN OUR RINK WAS FULL.ITS CALLED A 7TH PLAYER.

cougar dude
cougar dude

January 7th, 2006, 11:42 pm #8

I was at the game last night and was also listening to it. Were these announcers at the same game we were all at. While I don't think we played 60 minutes of hockey, I don't think we played 22 minutes either. Trevor Sprague SUCKS - end of story. The post game show with these two idiots is a joke, they seem to focus on a few and either don't mention the others or trash them. The reason that some of these guys seemed to be tired was not the lack of trying or laziness, but rather being on the ice a lot more than others trying to generate some goals. I really liked seeing Patterson, Hunter and Drazenovic back together. Can anybody tell me why this line was broken up? This combination is truly amazing to watch and the opportunities that they create is exciting. I think the refs give Kelowna far too much respect (as do our announcers, who seem to have more praise for the other team than they do for our players) and allow some of our top players to get mugged, cross checked, slashed without being penalized. That's unfortunate.
were broken up because the went on a 8 game loosing streak and after that they were missing lots of players and had to balance out the lines with lots of young players in the forward positions

glen
glen

January 9th, 2006, 2:20 am #9

i am so sorry for thinking that you guys and gals were bashing mr sprague,and i felt sorry for him,then i decided to bring my radio to the last two games,oh my god!!!!!!!! this guy is a joke for the cougars,he can't even speak properly he misses the play ,credits a guy for good hard work who is not even in on the play,bashes all the boys.i would like to see him out on the ice !!the cougars need to let him go !!

pg_elvis
pg_elvis

January 9th, 2006, 2:35 am #10

i have been saying for a while what a lame dolt sprague is, can't string together words into a coherent sentence, a grade 3 teacher would rip apart anyone in his or her class if they talked like the idiot does.if you don't have anything intelligent to say or don't know how to word it into a sentence he should shut up but we would end up with a lot of dead airtime from him, which come to think aboout it would be an improvement.and before his mom or girlfriend or sister or special ed classmates jump all over me, yes i could do a hell of a lot better, so could 90 percent of the population of p.g for that matter, does he even listen to the tapes of the games to see where he could improve, where he has made no sense(at least once everytime he opens his mouth),or does he think because he is a big man on the radio the crap coming out of his mouth doesn't have to make any sense?