" AN IMPORTANT LESSON LEARNED !!! "

" AN IMPORTANT LESSON LEARNED !!! "

January 24th, 2005, 5:04 pm #1

PRINTED IN THE PRINCE FEORGE FREE PRESS, JAN,20/05.
COACH LAMBERT IS QUOTED AS SAYING 'THEY LEARNED AN IMPORTANT LESSON PLAYING KELOWNA," THEY LOST 5-0, THEN THEY PLAYED SEATTLE, WON 1-0, LAST NIGHT KAMLOOPS, LOST 6-0.
I WONDER WHAT LESSON WAS LEARNED? 1 GOAL IN THREE GAMES, PRETTY BAD. THE "BIG GUNS" ARE NOT SHOOTING, IN FACT THEY ARE SILENT.
THERE IS A PROBLEM SOMEWHERE ?

SECTION HG
SECTION HG

January 24th, 2005, 5:46 pm #2

THE PLAYERS LOOK LIKE THEY ARE PLAYING SCARED / THE SHOULD BE ENJOYING THE GAME / SMILING / HAVING FUN. MAYBE WE PUT TO MUCH PRESSURE ON THE KIDS

January 24th, 2005, 6:01 pm #3

I AGREE, BUT I DO NOT THINK IT IS THE"WE" PUT TO MUCH PRESSURE ON THE TEAM.

RESPECT, EARNS RESPECT, ENOUGH SAID.

Doug Clifford
Doug Clifford

January 24th, 2005, 6:12 pm #4

As the saying goes, "Something is rotten in Denmark". I think the nail has been hit on the head, players are playing scared, and even with minor successes there never seems to be any reward.

COOGSUPERFAN
COOGSUPERFAN

January 24th, 2005, 9:11 pm #5

last time I was witness to so much unsubstantiated, whining, snivelling drivel in my entire existence on this board. Please grow up!. They can have fun when they win or at least work hard. They are one step away from being able to make this a career. Guess what utopians? The "fun" is going to change real quick. This is serious and competitive hockey now and results actually matter to PAYING fans, paid coaching staff, paid scouts, paid management, advertisers, etc. That means there are serious consequences to other people when you don't give it your all. Personally, I know that they have plenty of fun off the ice to more than make up for it. I don't think they play scared/desperate enough. What's to be scared of? If it's one thing Lambert is, it's consistant. You earn your ice time or it will move on to someone who is willing to give it their all, and no one has been benched or scratched for long periods of time all year. Everyone has had multiple chances here this year as it should be. Do you think Sutter's players play "scared"? How about Habscheid's? How about Hay's? Notice any pattern here? Some pretty good coaches and success stories there.

About respect? Give me a million breaks! Nice cliche quoted there. Again, if you don't respect your coach after receiving FAIR and reasonably COMPARABLE treatment then get lost! Because you won't be around long on this or any team anywhere. If you could tell us of any examples of this lack of respect please enlighten us, but you can't. What reward ar you looking for/expecting? More parties? Ask any player from Calgary, Kelowna, Red Deer, Kootenay, Vancouver, Seattle how many parties they have had this year. I GUARANTEE you it is less than 1/2 of the parties this team has had. Is it more icetime? I can't recall a more evenly distributed year with regards to ice time...ever! Can you? Please share your knowledge if you do.

I guess all us LOYAL posters will have to live with the fact that a good win will never get the air time as a bad loss. We will have to tolerate the incessant bitching that follows the consistantly negative crowd that appears when we hit a nasty pothole on our road to re-building our wonderful hockey team. It's a positive testimony to what has occurred this year already in that we haven't had to see that much of the insipid, pathetic, droning on's of the folks that have no clue with what is going on within this organization. In the huge transformation of this team from a perennial loser, to one with the hope of winning, to an eventual consistant winner, there will be a lot of downs (Kamloops) to go with the ups (Seattle), and a lot of lukewarm garbage in between. I know I'll be here for all of it, and I know you whiners won't, as you tend to blow in from wherever you blow in from only when things are bad. See you after the next bad Cougar loss. Hope it's later rather than sooner. GOOOOOOO COOOOOOOOGS!!!

January 24th, 2005, 9:40 pm #6

have you worked for the team??. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. I hope the view is good from your seat with those rose colored glasses on. Wouldnt it be safe to say that you should be able to beat a team that is below you in the standings??. Maybe if they quit driving down on game days to these all important games the players will have a little more zip. How can you find something positive to say after a 6-0 loss.

DougClifford
DougClifford

January 24th, 2005, 9:40 pm #7

last time I was witness to so much unsubstantiated, whining, snivelling drivel in my entire existence on this board. Please grow up!. They can have fun when they win or at least work hard. They are one step away from being able to make this a career. Guess what utopians? The "fun" is going to change real quick. This is serious and competitive hockey now and results actually matter to PAYING fans, paid coaching staff, paid scouts, paid management, advertisers, etc. That means there are serious consequences to other people when you don't give it your all. Personally, I know that they have plenty of fun off the ice to more than make up for it. I don't think they play scared/desperate enough. What's to be scared of? If it's one thing Lambert is, it's consistant. You earn your ice time or it will move on to someone who is willing to give it their all, and no one has been benched or scratched for long periods of time all year. Everyone has had multiple chances here this year as it should be. Do you think Sutter's players play "scared"? How about Habscheid's? How about Hay's? Notice any pattern here? Some pretty good coaches and success stories there.

About respect? Give me a million breaks! Nice cliche quoted there. Again, if you don't respect your coach after receiving FAIR and reasonably COMPARABLE treatment then get lost! Because you won't be around long on this or any team anywhere. If you could tell us of any examples of this lack of respect please enlighten us, but you can't. What reward ar you looking for/expecting? More parties? Ask any player from Calgary, Kelowna, Red Deer, Kootenay, Vancouver, Seattle how many parties they have had this year. I GUARANTEE you it is less than 1/2 of the parties this team has had. Is it more icetime? I can't recall a more evenly distributed year with regards to ice time...ever! Can you? Please share your knowledge if you do.

I guess all us LOYAL posters will have to live with the fact that a good win will never get the air time as a bad loss. We will have to tolerate the incessant bitching that follows the consistantly negative crowd that appears when we hit a nasty pothole on our road to re-building our wonderful hockey team. It's a positive testimony to what has occurred this year already in that we haven't had to see that much of the insipid, pathetic, droning on's of the folks that have no clue with what is going on within this organization. In the huge transformation of this team from a perennial loser, to one with the hope of winning, to an eventual consistant winner, there will be a lot of downs (Kamloops) to go with the ups (Seattle), and a lot of lukewarm garbage in between. I know I'll be here for all of it, and I know you whiners won't, as you tend to blow in from wherever you blow in from only when things are bad. See you after the next bad Cougar loss. Hope it's later rather than sooner. GOOOOOOO COOOOOOOOGS!!!
My friend, you have truly missed the point, of the above posts. Please re-think, re-evaluate, and then enlighten us with your wisdom.

Doug Clifford
Doug Clifford

January 24th, 2005, 9:41 pm #8

someone beat me to the "response punch" that was for Mr Superfan

DT
DT

January 25th, 2005, 1:24 am #9

have you worked for the team??. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. I hope the view is good from your seat with those rose colored glasses on. Wouldnt it be safe to say that you should be able to beat a team that is below you in the standings??. Maybe if they quit driving down on game days to these all important games the players will have a little more zip. How can you find something positive to say after a 6-0 loss.
Not only driving the 6 hours down to Kamloops on the day of the game, they get to stop at a sh!t hole restaurant and eat sick food that gives half the team the runs by the time they get to the rink. Well, at least it's cheap!

January 25th, 2005, 1:37 am #10

At least one person understands what I am saying. Maybe I should've started a new thread as to not confuse the heavily medicated. My point was, instead of saving some cash, A team that is trying to make the playoffs would do all that it can to ensure that the team is prepared both mentally and phyically. Spending 6 hrs on a bus on game day is not my idea of being prepared.