An entire season on 4 Cougarden pages...

An entire season on 4 Cougarden pages...

tombstone81
tombstone81

March 26th, 2009, 6:50 pm #1

Talk about a sign of the times. I remember trying to go back to find certain posts 5 or 6 years ago and having to look through a dozen or more pages of smack talk, discussion, negative comments, positive comments, questions, speculation, etc. Now, nobody but a handful care anymore.

Sad that it's come to this, but at least it's nice to know that there just aren't that many people in Prince George who meet the definition of insanity (doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results). The hockey fans of this city--and there are still plenty of them--will continue to stay away from the 'Plex and find alternate avenues for their discretionary entertainment dollar until top down changes are made.

Given that we know no top down changes will be made, expect another sub-500 season next year and a playoff berth only because of the ridiculous playoff allowances made by the WHL, with another first round exit. Why would anybody buy a season's ticket to this club? Better off beating your head against a wall repeatedly and hoping to bleed gold coins.

smileyjones
smileyjones

March 26th, 2009, 9:36 pm #2

I for one used to post on here a little more often. Here's a few reasons why I choose to post sparingly.....

1) Team could win 71 of 72 games and guys like yourself and Pucks would find something to complain about. Honestly, I guess it's nice that you still give a S^%*T but really, it's a broken record. There's only so many ways to say the same thing.

2) Coogs is one of the few positive posters on here, but his rants are getting almost as tough to take as the negative posters. Again, good to know he still cares about the Cougars but the notes aren't usually worth a response. Being a long time Cougars fan I have a built in dislike for Kamloops but calling them out when your team is 20 games under .500 is embarassing.

3) No offense Teacher, but the polar opposite to the guys who are negative are guys like yourself who chastise folks for not going to the games....town doesn't support the boys...blah,blah,blah. Sorry but given the record over the years (WELL below .500 and a demonstrated commitment to mediocrity) I can't fault anyone for not going to the games. After the good games (like the last two) I kind of feel these guys missed out, but that's their choice.

Myself, I go to the games. Sometimes I come home with a smile on my face, sometime I feel like I've been kicked in the face. I refuse to complain about who owns the team because I've got no control over it. It's my money, I'll make my choice. BUT....can't blame anyone who is sick of the BS because as any long term fan will tell you, it appears on the surface at least to be a gong show.

I really don't think these message boards are any kind of indication as to whether or not anyone cares about their local team or not. All of the boards have the same dozen or so posters on their individual teams board,even the white board only has a few dozen regulars.

Maybe if there were some more interesting threads to get involved in, you'd see more posters get involved.

March 26th, 2009, 9:57 pm #3

Coogs is just a loudmouth, full of hot air windbag. What he says, nobody really ever takes seriously. He throws cheap shots at the Blazers, when they've been the superior team in the standings many many times. But it's what helps his silly ass get through each day. This is what you get when you retort with a whiney little prick like him.

pg_elvis
pg_elvis

March 26th, 2009, 11:14 pm #4

I for one used to post on here a little more often. Here's a few reasons why I choose to post sparingly.....

1) Team could win 71 of 72 games and guys like yourself and Pucks would find something to complain about. Honestly, I guess it's nice that you still give a S^%*T but really, it's a broken record. There's only so many ways to say the same thing.

2) Coogs is one of the few positive posters on here, but his rants are getting almost as tough to take as the negative posters. Again, good to know he still cares about the Cougars but the notes aren't usually worth a response. Being a long time Cougars fan I have a built in dislike for Kamloops but calling them out when your team is 20 games under .500 is embarassing.

3) No offense Teacher, but the polar opposite to the guys who are negative are guys like yourself who chastise folks for not going to the games....town doesn't support the boys...blah,blah,blah. Sorry but given the record over the years (WELL below .500 and a demonstrated commitment to mediocrity) I can't fault anyone for not going to the games. After the good games (like the last two) I kind of feel these guys missed out, but that's their choice.

Myself, I go to the games. Sometimes I come home with a smile on my face, sometime I feel like I've been kicked in the face. I refuse to complain about who owns the team because I've got no control over it. It's my money, I'll make my choice. BUT....can't blame anyone who is sick of the BS because as any long term fan will tell you, it appears on the surface at least to be a gong show.

I really don't think these message boards are any kind of indication as to whether or not anyone cares about their local team or not. All of the boards have the same dozen or so posters on their individual teams board,even the white board only has a few dozen regulars.

Maybe if there were some more interesting threads to get involved in, you'd see more posters get involved.

i too used to post a lot when the board was first started by sharpangle many years ago but find the whining about ownership just a little bit tiring. its funny but the same people who say they are done and won't support the team or go to the games anymore are the ones who do the most crying. we all know rick is an ass, that is not gonna change

The Pucks
The Pucks

March 27th, 2009, 12:15 am #5

we call out the Brodsky circus doesnt mean we arn't hockey fans. There were many thousands here who were diehard Cougar fans, now you can count them on one hand. But there are still thousands here who are diehard hockey fans.

Most of us are the same, we want one of two things. Either Brodsky sells or he hires a true hockey man to run the franchise.

Really its quite simple. I can dissapear in the yonder like most have, but I still care about this team, I want it to be better but in all reality there are only two ways I can see that happening.

March 27th, 2009, 12:26 am #6

Talk about a sign of the times. I remember trying to go back to find certain posts 5 or 6 years ago and having to look through a dozen or more pages of smack talk, discussion, negative comments, positive comments, questions, speculation, etc. Now, nobody but a handful care anymore.

Sad that it's come to this, but at least it's nice to know that there just aren't that many people in Prince George who meet the definition of insanity (doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results). The hockey fans of this city--and there are still plenty of them--will continue to stay away from the 'Plex and find alternate avenues for their discretionary entertainment dollar until top down changes are made.

Given that we know no top down changes will be made, expect another sub-500 season next year and a playoff berth only because of the ridiculous playoff allowances made by the WHL, with another first round exit. Why would anybody buy a season's ticket to this club? Better off beating your head against a wall repeatedly and hoping to bleed gold coins.
I would much rather listen to a guy like Cougsuperfan all season long than listen to a retarded moron like KBF. I have gotten to the point where I don't even read his crap anymore because he has proved over and over that he is a mindless geek. Coogs at least has something positive to say.

March 27th, 2009, 12:42 am #7

Coogs posing as another name to back himself up? lol what a idiot.

March 27th, 2009, 1:03 am #8

Since when has COUGSUPERFAN ever had to hide behind a false name. I have seen him call you down many times and he allways uses the same name. You KBF are the one who hides behind other alliases and have for years. You are well known and much ridiculed by most people on this site and the whl site. You are known to be a retard beyond comparison.

COOGSUPERFAN
COOGSUPERFAN

March 27th, 2009, 1:12 am #9

this is the kind of post that generates the most interest. Zero hockey content...what does that say about those that are left on this board?

COOGSUPERFAN
COOGSUPERFAN

March 27th, 2009, 1:18 am #10

To watch the highest calibre of hockey that PG will ever see consistantly...because you are a fan of HOCKEY...not Brodsky or the joke of an organization he consistently puts together. By the way...as much of a joke it has been, the Bloozers have been even worse over the same last decade...at least they had to fall from somewhere...and fall they have and FAST...hard to imagine being THAT much of a joke. I mean Rick came here a joke, has been a joke, and will (most likely) continue being a joke...hell, at least he's consistent. GOOOOOOOOO COOOOOOOOOOOOOOGS!!