ACCEPTABLE RESULT TONIGHT...

ACCEPTABLE RESULT TONIGHT...

COOGSUPERFAN
COOGSUPERFAN

November 18th, 2006, 5:50 am #1

for me anyways. The boys played well, and hard, against the "best" team in the CHL. These kind of efforts deserve a small pat on the back. A couple better breaks and a little more finish by the "big guns" (Wish The Gooch would bust out already) and this game is a nail biter. Worth mentioning that anyone that has been to a live hockey game, and knows 1/2 of anything about this game, will tell you that 6 PP in a row against one team is a virtual impossisblity. Gotta EARN those kind of calls over the course of a hard working, disciplined YEAR, not just a short period of time. Everett has been the least penalized team since they came into the league so they will get games called this way for them...I guess they've earned it??? Keep up the good efforts boys! Wins will come. GOOOOOOOO COOOOOOOOOGS!!!!

November 18th, 2006, 6:21 am #2

Yes two good road games. Nice if we could end the trip with two wins this weekend

woody
woody

November 18th, 2006, 7:07 am #3

the Cougars played very hard tonight
and it was a real contest for all 60 minutes.
it wasn't about the garbage goals,
it was 100% effort by every player
from both teams.
The Tips best game this season.

Jim
Jim

November 18th, 2006, 7:21 am #4

for me anyways. The boys played well, and hard, against the "best" team in the CHL. These kind of efforts deserve a small pat on the back. A couple better breaks and a little more finish by the "big guns" (Wish The Gooch would bust out already) and this game is a nail biter. Worth mentioning that anyone that has been to a live hockey game, and knows 1/2 of anything about this game, will tell you that 6 PP in a row against one team is a virtual impossisblity. Gotta EARN those kind of calls over the course of a hard working, disciplined YEAR, not just a short period of time. Everett has been the least penalized team since they came into the league so they will get games called this way for them...I guess they've earned it??? Keep up the good efforts boys! Wins will come. GOOOOOOOO COOOOOOOOOGS!!!!
They lost......really, how is a loss ever acceptable?? You would never make it at any level of junior hockey or beyond!

Everett played their back-up goalie and the Cats were beaten by a 16 yr old named Kyle Beach!! Starting their back-up really shows how much respect they have for the Cougs and a 16 yr old taking it to the Cats must really make our 20's feel good!

Yeah, acceptable loss I guess..............

Cougar Guy
Cougar Guy

November 18th, 2006, 7:38 am #5

of course a win would be better, but I have no problem with a loss when the team comes out and plays as hard as it sounded like they did. The game was won on the powerplay and even strength it sounded like a great contest all around.

Smileyjones
Smileyjones

November 18th, 2006, 7:40 pm #6

They lost......really, how is a loss ever acceptable?? You would never make it at any level of junior hockey or beyond!

Everett played their back-up goalie and the Cats were beaten by a 16 yr old named Kyle Beach!! Starting their back-up really shows how much respect they have for the Cougs and a 16 yr old taking it to the Cats must really make our 20's feel good!

Yeah, acceptable loss I guess..............
Even though I agree you should be shooting for a win each & every time you site on the ice and expect no less.

It's tough to know how the effort was not seeing the game, so I really appreciate Woody's post. I KNOW he saw the game and as an Everett Fan offers an unbiased opinion.

So, even though a loss is not acceptable in so many ways, hanging in there so tight with a club with one regulation loss in 20 is very respectable.