3 stats stand out from last nights game.

3 stats stand out from last nights game.

The Pucks
The Pucks

December 19th, 2009, 5:24 pm #1

Attendance 1878

Shots on goal Kamloops 41 Prince George 19

Power Play Kamloops 5 for 12

One question, when is Dean Clark going to have a positive effect on this team?

Discipline and penalty killing are two areas hugely influenced but officiating, also two of the biggest weaknesses of the team.

The Pucks
The Pucks

December 19th, 2009, 5:27 pm #2

Discipline and penalty killing are two areas hugely influenced but officiating, also two of the biggest weaknesses of the team.

that should read:

Discipline and penalty killing are two areas hugely influenced by coaching, also two of the biggest weaknesses of the team.

sorry, my wife was talking to me while I was typing, and as usual I was ignoring her to get my point across here. Didnt work on either end, now I have to get her a nicer xmas gift.

COOGSUPERFAN
COOGSUPERFAN

December 19th, 2009, 6:00 pm #3

THAT is a DANGEROUS situation you put yourself in. Won't get away with that again this year...fortunately, there is not much left of this year.

In ALL the time here, you have NEVER, EVER stepped up and put an opinion on what is a reasonable time for a coach to have a noticeable positive effect on an organization that is in this much of a mess...not once. You hide behind a continuous bombardment of negativity (probably due to your Brodsky bitterness...doesn't matter if it's true...bitterness is no cure) and never put up your idea of a timeline for a coach to be "successful" with this team. Why not? It's just an opinion. All the "Negaitive Nellies" on here share the same trait...an unwillingness to attach a reasonable time line for a turnaround. Maybe because it would expose your unreasonable expectations? Even defining what a turnaround for this sadly run organization is seems to be beyond your abilities. Rhetoric is rarely interesting over a long period...I should know...as I choose to take the "other" side on almost every occaision I happen to believe it might lead to a little more thought provoking banter as opposed to childish name calling and the early grade school approach KBF always takes. Maybe in 2010...GOOOOOOOOO COOOOOOOOOOGS!!!

The Pucks
The Pucks

December 19th, 2009, 6:11 pm #4

because I knew after that you were going on a rant about how great you are, how young the team is and what not, no need to waste time with that.

How much time frame should a good coach have on a team? The effect of a good coach should start almost immediatly, especially for a team that has been so poorly coached the past few years.

Clark had training camp to start with, he should immediatly put in some systems, start on a penaly kill system and a good sound defensive game for the players to build on.

So far, non of that. He has taken a bad team and it has become worse. Yet he should be given more time? What should be be credited for? What improvments has this team shown?

Dont waste your time harping on how young they are, we have been down that road, this team is not nearly as young as you portray. This team has just played its 34th game, it has 6 wins, its biggest weaknesses at the start of the season on the ice are still its biggest weaknesses, this team has no disicpline, no defensive play and cant kill a penalty. Those are all areas directly effected by a coach.

When do we start judging him? 34 games ago. This team was 2-2 after its 4th game, that means they have won 4 games in the past 30? How can anybody defend that, how can anybody defend the coach?

Giving Clark a 5 year contract is possibly the worst management decision in Thompsons career, and he has a huge pile to chose from.

The Pucks
The Pucks

December 19th, 2009, 6:14 pm #5

THAT is a DANGEROUS situation you put yourself in. Won't get away with that again this year...fortunately, there is not much left of this year.

In ALL the time here, you have NEVER, EVER stepped up and put an opinion on what is a reasonable time for a coach to have a noticeable positive effect on an organization that is in this much of a mess...not once. You hide behind a continuous bombardment of negativity (probably due to your Brodsky bitterness...doesn't matter if it's true...bitterness is no cure) and never put up your idea of a timeline for a coach to be "successful" with this team. Why not? It's just an opinion. All the "Negaitive Nellies" on here share the same trait...an unwillingness to attach a reasonable time line for a turnaround. Maybe because it would expose your unreasonable expectations? Even defining what a turnaround for this sadly run organization is seems to be beyond your abilities. Rhetoric is rarely interesting over a long period...I should know...as I choose to take the "other" side on almost every occaision I happen to believe it might lead to a little more thought provoking banter as opposed to childish name calling and the early grade school approach KBF always takes. Maybe in 2010...GOOOOOOOOO COOOOOOOOOOGS!!!
Name one decisive improvement this team has shown because of Clark's coaching?

KBF
KBF

December 19th, 2009, 6:41 pm #6

because I knew after that you were going on a rant about how great you are, how young the team is and what not, no need to waste time with that.

How much time frame should a good coach have on a team? The effect of a good coach should start almost immediatly, especially for a team that has been so poorly coached the past few years.

Clark had training camp to start with, he should immediatly put in some systems, start on a penaly kill system and a good sound defensive game for the players to build on.

So far, non of that. He has taken a bad team and it has become worse. Yet he should be given more time? What should be be credited for? What improvments has this team shown?

Dont waste your time harping on how young they are, we have been down that road, this team is not nearly as young as you portray. This team has just played its 34th game, it has 6 wins, its biggest weaknesses at the start of the season on the ice are still its biggest weaknesses, this team has no disicpline, no defensive play and cant kill a penalty. Those are all areas directly effected by a coach.

When do we start judging him? 34 games ago. This team was 2-2 after its 4th game, that means they have won 4 games in the past 30? How can anybody defend that, how can anybody defend the coach?

Giving Clark a 5 year contract is possibly the worst management decision in Thompsons career, and he has a huge pile to chose from.
They're sick, they think what they wanna think and don't care what reality is or isn't. Clark is a horrible coach and signing him to 5 years? That was the same kiss of death the Blazers did as well. Clark is a guy who hides behind the smoke and mirrors of his coaching record.

The Pucks
The Pucks

December 19th, 2009, 6:43 pm #7

one line really stood out to me:

"Maybe because it would expose your unreasonable expectations? "

really? we expected this team to have the worst record in the WHL, and I havnt checked but I suspect the worst record in the CHL? We expected this team to have the worst goals against average? We expected this team to have the least amount of goals scored? We expected this team to have the worst penalty killing average in the league? Im not sure about the power play, but I suspect it is the worst in the league as well.

All I expected from Clark was to see some growth in the team, so see a base to build on. A good coach would have already instilled some systems, started to build a sound defensive platform. A good coach would instill discipline into a youthful group.

My whole problem with Clark is he has shown nothing, nothing at all. No defensive system, no special teams system, no discipline. What does a Clark coached team look like? What are his streanths as a coach? What can be expected of him? Any good coach has a style, a platform to work from, where is Clarks?

Is this the man you really want leading your Forsbergs and Connolly's into the future? How many of those 10-17 year olds has he helped develop, how many will he ruin?

The Pucks
The Pucks

December 19th, 2009, 6:46 pm #8

They're sick, they think what they wanna think and don't care what reality is or isn't. Clark is a horrible coach and signing him to 5 years? That was the same kiss of death the Blazers did as well. Clark is a guy who hides behind the smoke and mirrors of his coaching record.
4 stats for him to try and defend

6 wins in 34 games

28 losses in 34 games

worst goals for in the league

worst goals against in the league.

cougarbait
cougarbait

December 19th, 2009, 6:58 pm #9

Name one decisive improvement this team has shown because of Clark's coaching?
you're right....
Clark has done very little to improve the hockey club so far because he is relying on players who cant do the job in the first place...

(that and the fact that they have, and will conitnue, to play without their 3 best players -Connolly, Viedensky, Jackson - take the top 3 of any team in this league and they will go downhill pretty fast, just look at Regina without Teubert and Eberle and that is only their top two )

I listen to games regularly and cant for the life of me figure out why a defenceman at -5 (McDonald) who plays a lot when he dresses, and a rookie at -9 (Forsberg) are not out there all the time? Gibb -22, Torbohm -23, Bidlevski -22, how do they even get ice time any more?

Up front they play guys who have proven they dont want to be in p.g., understandable, but get rid of them and bring up buys like Belter and Dumais...can it get any worse? no... so get your 16yr olds up to the Dub, get rid of the dead weight, continue to lose get the first overall in both drafts and build from there.
As your doing all the losing play the youngsters and gauge success on learning curve and effort not score. Oh yeah Clark might want to think about line matching once in awhile as well.

COOGSUPERFAN
COOGSUPERFAN

December 19th, 2009, 9:04 pm #10

He can't play the younger 16's in the system because it is not his decision to bring them up...nother story entirely.