Please don't "spam" the boards

Please don't "spam" the boards

October 8th, 2009, 12:57 pm #1

This is going out to everyone: please try to consolidate posts into one large post or multiple replies in a single thread when possible. This is especially encouraged when all the posts are closely related. In general, I would prefer it if we don't have one member dominating the front page of our forum. Of course this isn't a rocksolid, inviolate rule. It's just a suggestion or guideline. Unless it becomes obvious that a poster is intentionally pushing other new threads or topics off the front page, I probably won't do anything about it.

Thanks for reading.

October 9th, 2009, 10:11 am #2

I apologize for "dominating the front page of our forum," but that was never my intention, (and, I was totally unaware that would be considered "spamming"). If my intention had been to push other new threads off the front page, I would have done what I believe others have done here, many times...comment on some really long older thread to pop it to the top. (Of course, the people who do that are, mysteriously, anonymous infrequent posters, or alleged newcomers). I appreciate you recognizing that was not my intention, and I will try to lump some of my related comments together, though I may feel they are not the exact same topic.

October 9th, 2009, 11:28 am #3

Those anonymous posters you mention should also pay attention, it isn't as if they get a free pass for being anonymous. It's easy enough for me to track them, most of the time it can be done even when they're using a Web proxy, because those services are limited. Although, I completely understand where you're coming from. Most of the time, it really isn't a problem. I really doubt anyone is doing it on purpose, sometimes you just have more things to post about, or are especially excited about some topic that you think others might be interested in. I don't want to censor or limit discussion either, which is why it was only a suggestion. Like I said, unless it is especially egregious, or a blatant attempt at monopolizing the boards, I probably won't do anything about it.

By the way, I also occasionally get multiple postings from people who don't have login names, or are on moderated status. Sometimes I don't approve all of these posts, especially if they are redundant. So, to anyone out there posting and wondering why some of their posts don't show up, that may be one reason. But you can always feel free to e-mail me through the contact moderator link at the top of the front page if you have any questions.
Last edited by CF_Moderator on October 9th, 2009, 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

October 9th, 2009, 11:57 am #4

...I just wanted you to know it was not my intention to do anything underhanded. I'm thankful for your moderation efforts, and as always, for giving us this forum.