Las Vegas Cryonics Conference

Las Vegas Cryonics Conference

September 11th, 2008, 1:01 am #1

Recently there was a cryonics conference in Las Vegas. The subject was wealth preservation during cryonic suspension. Supposedly it was attended by many wealthy individuals interested in cryonics. Does anyone here know anything about it?

September 12th, 2008, 2:10 am #2

Since nobody volunteered any info, and I don't have any either, I'll just ask further. Rudi Hoffman has/had a plan. Alcor has/had a plan. Kent/Faloon has/had? a plan. Does anybody know more about these fine plans, and where they are or are not going?

Then there is the Ettinger plan: just give it all to the CI general fund. In the absence of any other plans being any more secure, that might not be a bad idea. I don't know about giving it all to Alcor though - big target for lawsuits.

FD

September 12th, 2008, 7:08 am #3

I have the folder on my desk at work right now.
Cairn Idun, (that's how her name is spelled as I understand)
put it together. She organized it. Basically, in a nutshell, she told me on the phone, that this group got together to deliver, in writing, for the folder, an outline overview of their personal strategies for financially carrying their wealth into the future with them. Just minus any of the specific account numbers etc. So, the folder is one tab after another, of the who's who of the wealthy cryonicists. This whole brain child was from Russell Cheney and Cairn Idun, who both are long time cryonicists. I think David Kekich was involved in its creation too. Its for giving cryonicists of any organization choices.
On the first page, it says in bold letters that it is not for them to come to a consensus but to give other cryonicists options.
I haven't read it. But there it is.
She told me the copy she dropped off at the lab was for anybody to copy if they want, for their own personal use.
Frankly, I think this was a great idea.
And I'm glad they've taken point on this.

Cairn mentioned that at the last meeting in Vegas, that some one there was going to be digitizing all this.
Cairn is very efficient in the way she organizes stuff, case in point, this financial folder was very well put together. But she doesn't do computers for the most part. As she put it.
So that was delegated to some one else.
I think we'll see it sometime soon on line. At least that is the intention.

September 12th, 2008, 10:46 am #4

Recently there was a cryonics conference in Las Vegas. The subject was wealth preservation during cryonic suspension. Supposedly it was attended by many wealthy individuals interested in cryonics. Does anyone here know anything about it?
http://www.cryonics.org/immortalist/july08/Rassets.pdf

it was a followup to this seminar on legal trusts for cryonicists. Sounds real boring. "Trust" me, there is nothing more boring than trusts.

Check out the streaming video urls of that seminar. The actual content is of course the same old boring info on trusts, but there are some nice shots of the assorted cryo-weirdos in the audience at the seminar, though...

September 12th, 2008, 3:19 pm #5

I have the folder on my desk at work right now.
Cairn Idun, (that's how her name is spelled as I understand)
put it together. She organized it. Basically, in a nutshell, she told me on the phone, that this group got together to deliver, in writing, for the folder, an outline overview of their personal strategies for financially carrying their wealth into the future with them. Just minus any of the specific account numbers etc. So, the folder is one tab after another, of the who's who of the wealthy cryonicists. This whole brain child was from Russell Cheney and Cairn Idun, who both are long time cryonicists. I think David Kekich was involved in its creation too. Its for giving cryonicists of any organization choices.
On the first page, it says in bold letters that it is not for them to come to a consensus but to give other cryonicists options.
I haven't read it. But there it is.
She told me the copy she dropped off at the lab was for anybody to copy if they want, for their own personal use.
Frankly, I think this was a great idea.
And I'm glad they've taken point on this.

Cairn mentioned that at the last meeting in Vegas, that some one there was going to be digitizing all this.
Cairn is very efficient in the way she organizes stuff, case in point, this financial folder was very well put together. But she doesn't do computers for the most part. As she put it.
So that was delegated to some one else.
I think we'll see it sometime soon on line. At least that is the intention.

Hey Regina - good to see ya here again. Can you let us know where that shows up online if you hear about it? Same for anyone else. Thanks.

September 21st, 2008, 5:45 pm #6

Stephen Van Sickle said last year that they are working on it. Now that it is finished, it would be good if someone at Alcor would scan it and post it on their web site.

September 23rd, 2008, 7:51 am #7

This folder, is not being done by Alcor. Its an outside group of not just Alcor members, but other cryonicists also. Completely independently of Alcor.
Don't mistake this for Alcor's version. Which is still in the works I understand. And this group that is doing it, is going to be doing something web based with it. I just don't know when or how.
Word will come when it is up I'm sure though. They want this out and up.

Cairn Idun
Cairn Idun

October 19th, 2008, 4:51 am #8

http://www.cryonics.org/immortalist/july08/Rassets.pdf

it was a followup to this seminar on legal trusts for cryonicists. Sounds real boring. "Trust" me, there is nothing more boring than trusts.

Check out the streaming video urls of that seminar. The actual content is of course the same old boring info on trusts, but there are some nice shots of the assorted cryo-weirdos in the audience at the seminar, though...

Our gatherings consist of knowledgeable individuals regarding, "Options for Safe, Secure and Legal Asset Preservation for Post-Resuscitation Access." They are neither conferences nor seminars. Nor are they open meetings. These have been the most common misunderstandings.

My goal is to create an evolving notebook containing all available options - without recommending any ONE. All participants are volunteering their KNOWLEDGE and covering their own expenses. This is a gift to all cryonicists. I am always interested in additional KNOWLEDGEABLE content. Consensus is neither sought nor desired.

Regina is correct. All cryonics organizations are free to copy and distribute our notebook as they see fit. Nick Pavlica is posting it on the Cryonics Society website. You are free to copy it as is (not altered). I am anxiously awaiting this posting.

Thirteen individuals have contributed 15 articles. Updates will be continuous. A 16th article is in the making, "Hazards and Solutions." Alcor's plan will be included upon its completion. Two members of Alcor's Wealth Preservation Committee are members of our group (29 members total). Saul Kent will also be providing a copy of his own trust format.

There have been neither video nor audio recordings. Our discussions are private. Our publication is public. Since the publication is FREE to copy I do not expect many individuals to request the same copy that I provide to all contributors (plus our small group of responders). For those very few who might want one with all of the bells and whistles, the charge is $90. I am difinitely NOT MARKETING this, and have assembled only 10 extra copies. I will include contact information on the posted websites. Larry McElhinney has also volunteered to digitize our book and post it on his website, healthhaven.com.

Regina is also correct regarding my e-mail(non-existent) and web activities. This is a singular event. Therefore, I will not be checking in to answer further questions. Afterall, it will soon be posted in its entirety. I am quite pleased with the response I have been receiving regarding our evolving notebook and am very thankful to each volunteer contributor. The interest is certainly far greater than I ever expected.

Thank-you to Russell Cheney for funding this expanding project.

Cairn Idun --- Founder and Director of the Asset Preservation Group

October 21st, 2008, 9:43 pm #9

Presumably this will be the link to the articles in the notebook mentioned:

http://www.cryonicssociety.org/apr/apr_downloads.html

There is one article there now, on interesting proposed uses of vital statistics forms, and some new proposed forms. Hopefully the remainder of the notebook contents will be posted soon. I could not find anything on the healthhaven site, which consists primarily of links to other sites.

Cairn Idun
Cairn Idun

October 30th, 2008, 12:39 am #10

Our gatherings consist of knowledgeable individuals regarding, "Options for Safe, Secure and Legal Asset Preservation for Post-Resuscitation Access." They are neither conferences nor seminars. Nor are they open meetings. These have been the most common misunderstandings.

My goal is to create an evolving notebook containing all available options - without recommending any ONE. All participants are volunteering their KNOWLEDGE and covering their own expenses. This is a gift to all cryonicists. I am always interested in additional KNOWLEDGEABLE content. Consensus is neither sought nor desired.

Regina is correct. All cryonics organizations are free to copy and distribute our notebook as they see fit. Nick Pavlica is posting it on the Cryonics Society website. You are free to copy it as is (not altered). I am anxiously awaiting this posting.

Thirteen individuals have contributed 15 articles. Updates will be continuous. A 16th article is in the making, "Hazards and Solutions." Alcor's plan will be included upon its completion. Two members of Alcor's Wealth Preservation Committee are members of our group (29 members total). Saul Kent will also be providing a copy of his own trust format.

There have been neither video nor audio recordings. Our discussions are private. Our publication is public. Since the publication is FREE to copy I do not expect many individuals to request the same copy that I provide to all contributors (plus our small group of responders). For those very few who might want one with all of the bells and whistles, the charge is $90. I am difinitely NOT MARKETING this, and have assembled only 10 extra copies. I will include contact information on the posted websites. Larry McElhinney has also volunteered to digitize our book and post it on his website, healthhaven.com.

Regina is also correct regarding my e-mail(non-existent) and web activities. This is a singular event. Therefore, I will not be checking in to answer further questions. Afterall, it will soon be posted in its entirety. I am quite pleased with the response I have been receiving regarding our evolving notebook and am very thankful to each volunteer contributor. The interest is certainly far greater than I ever expected.

Thank-you to Russell Cheney for funding this expanding project.

Cairn Idun --- Founder and Director of the Asset Preservation Group
Larry [deleted] WILL NOT be posting our book.

The Cryonics Society will be the principle source for downloading the entire book. I continue to anxiously await Nick's complete posting.

[Larry asked that his anonymity be respected, name removed at his request.-J]
Last edited by CF_Moderator on November 1st, 2008, 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.