Alcor Finally Gets a New Board Member

Alcor Finally Gets a New Board Member

December 8th, 2008, 4:31 pm #1

This morning we see James Clement quietly added to the list of Alcor's board:

http://www.alcor.org/AboutAlcor/indexdir.html

Not a whisper as of this writing from Alcor about this, such as in their weblog. Maybe they thought we wouldn't notice?

More about Clement: http://www.alcor.org/AboutAlcor/meetdir ... ml#clement

He seems to have an impressive background. He is also rumored to be one of the top candidates for the Alcor Prez/CEO position. Perhaps this is why a previously unknown person is suddenly appointed to the board - to get him some public exposure before announcing his new job. Impressive background yes, but this may or may not mean he will do well within Alcor whether on the board or elsewhere. Time will tell. The only thing we know for now is the obvious - if the board voted him in, he must be just like the rest of them, and that doesn't bode very well.

December 9th, 2008, 1:30 am #2

So....is he a card carrying member of Alcor or is he a nonmember???? We all know the successes Alcor has had with nonmembers. Will he "barrow" some money from Alcor to open a sports bar or will he contribute to a rather large article in Sports Illustrated about how evil we all are? Does anyone know his membership status?????

December 9th, 2008, 3:18 am #3

He's donated money:

http://www.alcor.org/Library/html/alcornews048.html

And he's written for the magazine (scroll down to p. 16):

http://www.alcor.org/cryonics/cryonics2003-1.pdf

December 9th, 2008, 7:07 am #4

So....is he a card carrying member of Alcor or is he a nonmember???? We all know the successes Alcor has had with nonmembers. Will he "barrow" some money from Alcor to open a sports bar or will he contribute to a rather large article in Sports Illustrated about how evil we all are? Does anyone know his membership status?????
Rat writes, with some sarcasm, "We all know the successes Alcor has had with nonmembers."

To my knowledge, no Alcor director has ever been a nonmember, and the nonmember employees currently at Alcor have served the organization well over a period of years.

Conversely, some of the organizational disasters at Alcor have occurred through the actions (or benign neglect) of people who were members.

December 9th, 2008, 4:34 pm #5

This morning we see James Clement quietly added to the list of Alcor's board:

http://www.alcor.org/AboutAlcor/indexdir.html

Not a whisper as of this writing from Alcor about this, such as in their weblog. Maybe they thought we wouldn't notice?

More about Clement: http://www.alcor.org/AboutAlcor/meetdir ... ml#clement

He seems to have an impressive background. He is also rumored to be one of the top candidates for the Alcor Prez/CEO position. Perhaps this is why a previously unknown person is suddenly appointed to the board - to get him some public exposure before announcing his new job. Impressive background yes, but this may or may not mean he will do well within Alcor whether on the board or elsewhere. Time will tell. The only thing we know for now is the obvious - if the board voted him in, he must be just like the rest of them, and that doesn't bode very well.
I not only see Mr. Clement listed as a new board member, (on the link FD provided), but Steve Harris listed as a medical advisor. Did I miss something? Didn't he resign from that position, some time ago? Did the person responsible for Alcor's site forget to remove his name from the list, or did Harris ride back in on Saul Kent's purse strings? Maybe Alcor just didn't want us to know they are willing to work with a physician who would neglect to tell a metal fabricator to give heparin to a patient, unless the metal fabricator knew to ask, (as if he would). Oh, and let's not forget the same physician was also willing to put his reputation, (and Alcor's, by association), on the line, by posting blatant lies about another medical professional on the Internet, in order to defend the unprofessional behavior of an organization funded by the same benefactor who pays his salary, (and the salaries of family members, who work with him). Then, there's the matter of the "liquid ventilation" project that has been going on for so many years, with so little progress...oh, why bother...we all see the corruption...all of us except the man with the wallet, that is.

December 10th, 2008, 12:05 am #6

Rat writes, with some sarcasm, "We all know the successes Alcor has had with nonmembers."

To my knowledge, no Alcor director has ever been a nonmember, and the nonmember employees currently at Alcor have served the organization well over a period of years.

Conversely, some of the organizational disasters at Alcor have occurred through the actions (or benign neglect) of people who were members.
Platt, did you bump your head?

Have you forgotten some of your piss poor hiring decisions? Do I need to remind you? Do yourself a favor, don't believe your own BS. There are people on this massage board who know better.

Signed The "RAT" aka DR

December 11th, 2008, 3:34 am #7

ARTICLE 5. DIRECTORS

SECTION 1. NUMBER AND QUALIFICATIONS

The corporation shall have no less than three (3) and no more than nine (9) directors and collectively they shall be known as the Board of Directors. The exact size shall be determined by the Board of Directors. The size of the Board can differ from these limits by an amendment of this Bylaw, or by repeal of this Bylaw and adoption of a new Bylaw, as provided in these Bylaws. Any person who has completed arrangements with the corporation for the postmortem suspension of his or her remains and is listed as a Suspension Member, also known as a Cryopreservation Member, or Working Member in good standing with the corporation, may serve as a Director of this corporation.

December 11th, 2008, 5:35 am #8

Platt, did you bump your head?

Have you forgotten some of your piss poor hiring decisions? Do I need to remind you? Do yourself a favor, don't believe your own BS. There are people on this massage board who know better.

Signed The "RAT" aka DR
Yes, I recommended hiring Larry Johnson, as is well known. But every statement in my previous message is demonstrably true. If you disagree, let's see a proper rebuttal.

December 11th, 2008, 1:08 pm #9

Cindi Felix - nonmember - sued Alcor

Larry Johnson - was a nonmember up until a month before his SI article was released. Was he a true member and what was his motivation? His true motivation? Did he operate under the facade of his membership together his so called "evidence"? Platt comes across as being so damn smart, but it looks like Johnson was able to pull his shenanigans right under Platts nose. In defense of Platt maybe Johnson is a very good confidence man.

Tim Reeves - nonmember - borrowed some Alcor member to open a sports bar.

The mechnanic (can think of his name) he worked on the transport vehicle) - nonmember - he went out in a blaze of glory as well.

December 11th, 2008, 9:42 pm #10

I not only see Mr. Clement listed as a new board member, (on the link FD provided), but Steve Harris listed as a medical advisor. Did I miss something? Didn't he resign from that position, some time ago? Did the person responsible for Alcor's site forget to remove his name from the list, or did Harris ride back in on Saul Kent's purse strings? Maybe Alcor just didn't want us to know they are willing to work with a physician who would neglect to tell a metal fabricator to give heparin to a patient, unless the metal fabricator knew to ask, (as if he would). Oh, and let's not forget the same physician was also willing to put his reputation, (and Alcor's, by association), on the line, by posting blatant lies about another medical professional on the Internet, in order to defend the unprofessional behavior of an organization funded by the same benefactor who pays his salary, (and the salaries of family members, who work with him). Then, there's the matter of the "liquid ventilation" project that has been going on for so many years, with so little progress...oh, why bother...we all see the corruption...all of us except the man with the wallet, that is.
I've just been informed Steve Harris only resigned as the Chief Medical Advisor, and not from the Medical Advisory Board, altogether. I'm dismayed that Alcor would keep someone with his reputation and history on one of their boards, as I believe this person casts a bad light on their organization.

I might feel differently about him, if he had had the integrity to apologize for the lies he posted about me, (a fellow medical professional), as I think he probably received his misinformation from a third party, whom he believed to be telling the truth, (though it's hard to imagine why he would believe that person's malicious gossip, as fact, when many others who know that person would have known better). Of course, I would still have issues with him thinking he could talk a metal fabricator through performing perfusion, (over the telephone, no less), stating he would have told the SA team to give more heparin IF they had asked, and a number of other things.

In my mind, Harris, and people like him, are one of the key obstacles to Saul Kent's long history of failure, in his attempts to market cryonics.