A more positive TW blog posting...

A more positive TW blog posting...

October 4th, 2009, 7:07 am #1

October 4th, 2009, 1:37 pm #2

"We also found that requests to freeze a whole corpse, at the two cryogenic facilities in the world that do it, often have to be deferred because preserving the body and the head may require slightly different storage temperatures and techniques, according to literature on the subject."

This appears to be an effort to make it appear as though TW's cryo-patient care providers made some sort of scientific decision, in separating his head from his body, when we all know "neuro" vs. "whole-body" is a patient decision, at Alcor. I believe everyone working in cryonics knows Alcor lopped TW's head off, by mistake. Then, again, since he wasn't ever officially signed up, with Alcor, who's to say which method he would have preferred? (sarcasm)

"Some preservation issues, including the holes drilled into the skull, may speak to poor operating practices by the lab that Mr. Johnson ran when the procedure was performed. No one seems to want to ask the whistle blower why he didn't fix the problems at the lab that he was running."

I don't believe Johnson was "running the lab" at Alcor, anymore than I was managing anything, at SA, when I was a "co-manager." My job title was a scam, for the most part, as I had little power to change anything, at SA. On the other hand, a so-called "consultant" was directing four of the seven staff members, via telephone, and determining the company's "research" projects, (the building of his own DIY projects). Knowing some of the people Johnson was working with, (Platt, in particular), I think it's very unlikely he had the power to change anything.

"Without an endorsement of cyronics, a fair assessment of the pitfalls in the process would probably indicate that, while the average person finds the whole thing distasteful, nothing particularly out of the ordinary is happening in the Williams case."

I'll bet that's absolutely correct. Probably nothing "out of the ordinary," in the way of the usual incompetence and unethical behavior, occurred. I'm pretty sure it was "business as usual," in cryonics.

October 4th, 2009, 2:35 pm #3

"Nothing out of the ordinary."

October 4th, 2009, 3:10 pm #4

You won't find many people with something positive to say about JHW.

October 4th, 2009, 3:53 pm #5

"We also found that requests to freeze a whole corpse, at the two cryogenic facilities in the world that do it, often have to be deferred because preserving the body and the head may require slightly different storage temperatures and techniques, according to literature on the subject."

This appears to be an effort to make it appear as though TW's cryo-patient care providers made some sort of scientific decision, in separating his head from his body, when we all know "neuro" vs. "whole-body" is a patient decision, at Alcor. I believe everyone working in cryonics knows Alcor lopped TW's head off, by mistake. Then, again, since he wasn't ever officially signed up, with Alcor, who's to say which method he would have preferred? (sarcasm)

"Some preservation issues, including the holes drilled into the skull, may speak to poor operating practices by the lab that Mr. Johnson ran when the procedure was performed. No one seems to want to ask the whistle blower why he didn't fix the problems at the lab that he was running."

I don't believe Johnson was "running the lab" at Alcor, anymore than I was managing anything, at SA, when I was a "co-manager." My job title was a scam, for the most part, as I had little power to change anything, at SA. On the other hand, a so-called "consultant" was directing four of the seven staff members, via telephone, and determining the company's "research" projects, (the building of his own DIY projects). Knowing some of the people Johnson was working with, (Platt, in particular), I think it's very unlikely he had the power to change anything.

"Without an endorsement of cyronics, a fair assessment of the pitfalls in the process would probably indicate that, while the average person finds the whole thing distasteful, nothing particularly out of the ordinary is happening in the Williams case."

I'll bet that's absolutely correct. Probably nothing "out of the ordinary," in the way of the usual incompetence and unethical behavior, occurred. I'm pretty sure it was "business as usual," in cryonics.

Are you aware of this?

October 4th, 2009, 8:46 pm #6

Ted's head was off before he even got to Alcor?

October 4th, 2009, 10:45 pm #7

The accidental neuro occurred in the Alcor lab headquarters under contract to SA who were called in or allowed in on the deal. Interesting thing about SA's history on their website. They only account for cases as far back as 2004, conveniently leaving out the fact that they did the TW case in 2002. This is severely underreported and even blacked out.

October 5th, 2009, 3:25 am #8

Thanks, didn't realize that

October 5th, 2009, 11:52 am #9

Are you aware of this?
...decapitated Ted Williams, according to Johnson's book, (which I purchased and read, yesterday). I'm not sure whom he was working for, at the time.

David Hayes, (who is identified as an Alcor agent, or representative), was there. I'm fairly certian Hayes was one of the "two Davids" running Suspended Animation, at the time. (I believe the other was Schumaker.)
Last edited by melmax on October 5th, 2009, 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

October 5th, 2009, 1:06 pm #10

Somewhere, it was stated that SA Inc is not going to do neuropreservations. Mike "left" SA Inc., in July 2002. TW "died" July 5, 2002. If Mike did the neuro, and Mike was employed by SA at the time, but subcontracted to the Alcor lab on Ted, we have a situation where Mike performed a neuro under SA auspices-- against company (SA) policy. CI also refuses to do neuros. MOST of alcor's business IS neuro.

At the time, the Alcor framework involved neuroseparation for the purpose of neurovitrification since neurovitrification would BETTER preserve the brain than trying to vitrify the whole body. The body may have been preserved the old fashioned non-vitrified way since vitrification is more expensive. It would have been "hi tech" at the time to do the neuro for the highest tech preservation possible. David Shumaker wrote a bulletin to Cryonet in 2003 referring to the "groundbreaking" preservation in 2002... which would indeed have been Ted.

Mike Darwin was fired by Alcor ("left" Alcor-- in the euphemism of personnel departments these days)-- for allegedly taking matters into his own hands with regard to another case that created problems. I recall that day well. It seems like only yesterday.

So in the history of cryonics, we see Mike Darwin as a rogue element who apparently has created severe problems one way or another. Now, you have to understand that the relationship between Darwin and Kent was close in the beginning and I suspect that that probably continued-- to the extent that you could consider the possibility of Darwin being a right hand of Kent all along, even today.

If I were Shumaker or Hayes-- at the time-- being offices of SA with a policy of NO NEUROS-- looking a bright new future with a worldwide suspended animation rescue company-- and one of my employees were subcontracted to a private lab to do a preservation-- who breached my protocol-- I would have been ticked off. Basically, if you extend the lines of reasoning here, you would understand that the guy who did the neuro would be instantly fired. Subsequently the two Davids, shumaker and Hayes, left SA-- as I would have-- if I were them-- and the company policy were breached in a way that ruined the company's history to the extent that my case reports would be blacked out for the first few contracts-- as they ARE blacked out on today's SA site.

Revisionist history is ALWAYS used by manipulators... both in the world at large... and in family affairs and corporate history. TRUTH seekers like me expose those revisionist histories because we feel that the truth is always going to lead us to the promised land, no matter what. The Universe is Truthful. In overcoming death, there is nothing more important the documenting the truth, since Death will not cede to lies. If you're not Truthful, you have no business in cryonics and life extension. Nature does not "negotiate". It only allows you to "harness her" with the Truth.
Last edited by CF_Moderator on October 5th, 2009, 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.